[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much is too much sodium and what are the downsides of too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: saltyaf.jpg (40KB, 759x373px) Image search: [Google]
saltyaf.jpg
40KB, 759x373px
How much is too much sodium and what are the downsides of too much of it?

pic related, I love cottage cheese and I just noticed it's salty af
>>
bumping for answers since I'm also eating too much sodium, around 4500-5000mg a day
>>
Too much sodium gives you a moonface.
>>
>>40045381
>>40046543

Both of you need to drink more water so you can filter our the extra sodium. Over several years it could lead to high blood pressure, heart conditions, etc. At most you can get away with 3k, but both of you are at basically double the daily value.

Unless you are doing mass amounts of intense cardio like swimming and race cycling. Then you need the extra electrolytes.
>>
Eats lots of potassium, drink lots of water, gtg
>>
>>40045381
if you're lifting/doing cardio, drinking water and don't have hypertension you're fine
>>
>>40046613
try to lower it to like 3k though
>>
>>40046575
>>40046613
I work out 2 hours a day, I sweat a lot even when it's cold so I usually drink 5 liters of water a day. Do you think it's okay to eat this much salt?
>>
>>40045381
That's quite a bit, but the main thing is to stay hydrated. Cut down if you can, but you should be fine as long as you drink plenty of water.
>>
when you're young people will say there is nothing wrong with sodium. The thing is, when you get to your 30s and 40s you start to have problems with your heart/blood if you continue ingesting such a huge amount of it

People seem to think that if it doesn't hurt you while you're young, you'll be fine. Thing is, you're going to be 40 one day
>>
>>40046856

I still think even at 5 liters a day you need to drop down to 3k on sodium. If you were burning somewhere closer to 6k calories a day then yeah double the needed sodium is needed obviously.

I saw a post about checking potassium as well. That's another good thought.

>>40047180

I'm 25 and could die tomorrow. That's what I tell my high school kids when they ask if I'm going to be their teacher still next year.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.