[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, quick question. I have 1 dumbbell due to being an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1483836374099.jpg (81KB, 1005x680px) Image search: [Google]
1483836374099.jpg
81KB, 1005x680px
Hi /fit/, quick question.

I have 1 dumbbell due to being an idiot and not buying 2. Planning to buy another but I was wondering if there are any good exercises for my core I could be doing with 1 dumbbell? (lower/upper body)

Tried looking around on YT and google but I don't have the equipment for most of this stuff. Just the dumbbell and my arms and legs. I was working with this:

http://www.builtlean.com/2016/04/11/workout-one-dumbbell/

but my legs are fine and any workout I do is going to help my arms, but that workout doesn't feel like it's doing anything with my torso and I don't know what I'm doing anymore to be honest. I did follow one YT video that made the sides of my pec-areas sore so I guess that was right? I can't tell.

I've been excercising over the course of the last 3 weeks and plan to keep it up. 6'2"ish and 220lbs. I just really want a better, skinnier core at this point cause gut+manboobs+barrel-chested is not a good look.
>>
>>40034613
Also I can't do push-ups worth a goddamn shit. I can do like... maybe 2. My arm strength is so bad but I can do 15 reps of lifting a 15 lb weight. I'm pretty sure push-ups are crucial to core exercise.
>>
>>40034634
Try an elevated angle of push up it's more easier or knees push up. And you can trie planks for the core or the abs roller.
>>
>>40034753
Alright I'll look that stuff up and try them, thanks.
>>
>>40034613
If you're looking for core workouts using one dumbbell, then you got at least two more options aside from what is shown on the link:

> Front Dumbbell Squat
Probably not much different from the Goblet Dumbbel Squat. You take a squat position, and hold the dumbbell vertically in front of you with your arms about half-way extended from your body. Then perform the squat. From this stance, you can do twists as well, which will hit your obliques. Just make sure you twist to both sides, so start a twist to the left, return to the center, then turn to the right, vice versa.

> Plank Dumbbell Shift (No real name AFAIK, just making the most sensible one)
Take a pushup position and hold the dumbbell vertically (or horizontally, if the weight can "roll"). From a starting pushup position, take the weight in your hand barely lifting it (if vertical, or can't roll) off the ground, and slide it downward towards your feet, to about your waist, then return it to line up with the shoulder position. That should hit your core, and just alternate sides.
>>
>>40035787
Awesome, thanks. I'll have to figure out the second one since I'm not great with descriptions of exercises.
>>
Is it an adjustable dumbbell?

If so, loosen it slightly and use it as an ab wheel.
>>
>>40035890
Nah, I didn't know they had those though. I was thinking about picking up an ab wheel next month.

My main concern is that I was told from a fitness trainer buddy that if I work out my abs with fat on top of it, it's just going to push out the fat while building muscle underneath instead of burning the fat off. Not sure how true that is.
>>
FFFBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAARRRRRRPPPPPP
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.