[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is phrak's GSLP better than /fit/'s or is it the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: mUbJWfF.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
mUbJWfF.png
19KB, 700x600px
Is phrak's GSLP better than /fit/'s or is it the other way?
Why?
Isn't /fit/'s variant imbalance in the push:pull ratio?
>>
Do pharks plus isolation
>>
I think the whole idea behind /fit/'s greyskull lp is to make it more like SS by the putting lower body work before back work and by giving the option to not do barbell rows. I prefer Phrak's because I like to bent-over row when I bench and do chinups when I OHP.

/fit/'s variant is imbalanced though. I'm not a fan of the prescribed assistance work for either programs especially Phrak's which says barbell curls and skullcrusher's only. Telling a beginner who might not understand the compound movements to do isolation arm work right off the back will lead to a curl-bro physique.

I prefer to vary the assistance work depending on the heavy compound that I performed that day. For example, if I benched, rowed, then squatted, I might do 3x10 dumbbell bench, 3x10 dumbbell row, and 3x10 leg press.

I've never actually read the book the program was based off so the author might have a reason not to do what I do.
>>
Seconded on phrak's + iso.

Basically take the best of fit's and phrak's.

Isolation is really quite personal. I reccomend 2x isolation exercises each session after phrak's 'big 3'.

I do:
Monday:
Close grip bench
DB hammercurl

Wednesday:
Back extensions
Lat raise

Friday:
Ez skullcrusher
DB curl

But you can really do whatever. I have noodle arms hence the arm stuff but yeah.

Other ideas: 3x AMRAP dumbell work, kettlebells, dip and chin up circuits, gymnastic ring stuff, whatever. Spend about 20 mins on it.
>>
>>40025198
that pic look autistic as fuck
>>
>>40025979
Agreed and I like your high rep versions of the first 3 exercises.

For beginners I'd recommend they do push up and chin up circuits at the end of each day, progressing to dips and chins. I guess it's kinda arbitary when the time for isolation is right but lets say a 1plate bench press.

My only issue with Phrak's GSLP is it assumes the trainee can do weighted chins.

If they can do 1 chin up i'd swap the 3x5 w.chins for 15 mins on the latpull down machine working to a single then backing off followed by negatives. Also negatives end of each session too.

If they can't do 12 chin ups, 3 sets of 90% AMRAP with the last set a full on AMRAP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.