[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, I've started a new routine of PPL today (before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sadkerm.jpg (85KB, 625x833px)
Sadkerm.jpg
85KB, 625x833px
Hi /fit/, I've started a new routine of PPL today (before I was a dumb bellend who did 5 mile cardio and just some dumbell weights) When I was doing bench presses/overhead tricep extensions or other push routines, I was progressively failing to finish my sets. (like 10 10 8 5 0) for each of them. Am I doing it correctly or should I lower weights to just complete the entire 5 sets?

Thanks in advance.
>>
lower weight, fix form, and work back up to that weight finishing each set

also if you're cutting or not getting enough calories, stop that.
>>
>>40023479
that's what I was kinda confused about. Right now i'm using my fitness pal to log in my calories. I'm set as 1500. For example, today my intake of of meal was 1557 and I exercised 600 off. does that mean i'm cutting my calories around 1000? or is it still 1500 because I ate 1557?
>>
>>40023515

It depends what that 1500 is based on, if it's using ~600 calories/day as activity then you'd be going over.

If not, you're in a huge deficit and are probably actively losing muscle. 1500 calories is fucking nothing, especially if it's closer to 1000 net. No wonder your lifts are shit. What is your height/weight/body fat %?
>>
>>40023534
I work as a dental hygenist (I'm a dude btw, if that matters), I move around decently, but not that often. I'm 5'8 (manlet :( )/ 85kg or 187 pounds/i'm not sure about the body fat %
>>
>>40023534
and the 600 calories that I exercised off was only from cycling, not including daily activities
>>
>>40023560

you're probably kinda fat. Stop cutting at such a ridiculous deficit, your maintenance is probably closer to 3000 calories. It's why you're barely able to finish your workout.

500 calories is a high but manageable deficit. Find out your TDEE and subtract for your daily intake.
>>
>>40023599
So the net equation is supposed to look like this, right?

1500+(Meals-TDEE)-exercise= 0

and thank you for the clarification and great advice.
>>
>>40023652

TDEE includes exercise (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). You may be thinking of BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate, the energy you burn by 'existing').

It should look more like this:
Meals - BMR - exercise + deficit = 0

Let's assume you've got a BMR of 2500 and you do 500 calories worth of exercise. In order to maintain a 500 calorie deficit, your equation would look like
Meals - 2500 - 500 + 500 = 0
or
Meals = 2500 calories

if you wanted a 300 calorie deficit (more common to preserve muscle):
Meals - 2500 - 500 + 300 = 0
Meals = 2700 calories
>>
>>40023727
Shit......that means i'm in 1500 cal deficit.

I'll go out and get a meal. Thanks!
>>
>>40023778
*cal deficit today
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.