[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post 3 positive things about your gym, 3 neutral things, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1401917233675.jpg (79KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
1401917233675.jpg
79KB, 600x280px
Post 3 positive things about your gym, 3 neutral things, and 3 negative things. I'll start.

Pros
>Extremely clean and well-kept
>2 heated pools, a whirlpool, and sauna
>Not too many serious lifters at gym, meaning freeweight section isn't usually packed

Neutral
>Gym has a Zumba cult. Lots of classes, people all go out afterwards, have events, parties, etc.
>A little on the expensive side but it keeps the riff raff away
>Most people who go are into cardio or are older folks doing pt/rehab work

Negatives
>Not 24 hours, and limited weekend hours
>If more than 5 people want to use free weights, it gets cramped and you have to wait longer
>Lots of old men come there like its a boys club and get in the way and don't really come to work out.
>>
>>40021437
Sure why not

Pros
>multiple locations so i can combine my workout with whatever errands im running, or can go to a less popular location during peak hours
>some locations have a pool, sauna, and steam room, and the membership is cheap for having these amenities
>actually plays music BESIDES the top 5 shit they play on the radio. Hated my college gym for doing this and its so nice to hear different music, and sometimes actually good stuff.

Neutral
>some locations have high ceilings, which i like, but doesnt really affect anything
>lots of THICC asians to stare at between sets
>has 1 set of bumper plates. I only use them for deadlifts but theyre a pain with those retarded hex plates that every gym by me uses.

Cons
>crowded, never a squat rack. Ive never been able to walk in and start squatting right away.
>no really, sometimes its fucking crowded, like the gym is unusable crowded. I used to go at noon where it wasnt a problem but now that i have a workout partner going in the evening is a massive pain.
>despite this obvious crowding problem, management refuses to get more free weights. Large locations have 2 squat racks, smaller ones only 1, and theres only 1 set of dumbbells at each weight.
>>
File: fit.jpg (153KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
153KB, 640x960px
O.K.

Pros
>Not too many people use it. It's been a little busier with NYRers but still pretty manageable
>People are friendly, will let you work in, etc. Most people know each other because it's always the same people there.
>Costs 20$ for the whole year (school gym) and has a free towel service.

Neutral
>I don't really know what to put here. The plates are all right.
>There are a bunch of machines there.
>There are hot girls there but there are also ugly girls.

Cons
>I swear all the bars are different weights and most of them DO NOT weigh 20kg. When I go to different gyms, the weight always feels slightly heavier so there's definitely some kind of barbell conspiracy going on.
>There's no weightlifting rack and only one squat rack.
>The only place to do pullups is the cable crossover machine and the bar on it sucks because it's at a weird angle.
>>
>>40021437
Pros
>Dyel machine using fags
>Dyel fags cant lift much weight so i dont need to wait around to use plates
>When theres a girl there you're the best thing they have to look at

Cons
>Nobody even lifts
>Like 3 benches and more smith machines than squat racks
>Kids keep asking for advice when they probably eating 1500 calories a day

Neutral
>automatic air freshener but it smells funny
>Not 24/7 but empty on weekends for the most part
>Can do an opposite split to everyone else so theres always a free bench on friday when i do chest
>>
>>40021437
University Gym

Pros
>Very friendly people, more often than not unrack weights and put shit back in its place
>Easily Accessible before and after class
>Has a couple of unconventional machines like >the Jacob's ladder and rope pull down

Neutral
>unpredictable busy hours due to shifting class >schedules, but never absurdly packed
>Nobody fucks around like you see at planet >fitness, even if they are new years resolvers, >they actually exercise even if its just for a day
>Some views on the treadmill are walls, others >are nice pine trees so they kinda cancel >eachother out

Negatives
>Cult of muslim feminists who've never set foot in >the gym are claiming its a haven for rape and ?>catcalling, trying to create a hour where men are banned in this tiny gym, despite there being no problem
>Gym is way too small
>Couple of douches who walk around the entire gym after doing one set, always making the racks unnocupied
>>
>>40023418
goddamn that gave me a giggle. i really wanna know what she responded
>>
>>40023529
>Cult of muslim feminists
wat
>>
Pros
>Cheap as fuck for matinee hours membership
>Clean facilities and mostly well-maintained equipment
>Pretty good mix and quantity of machines, racks, benches, etc

Neutral
>Sometimes end up waiting for a squat rack even though I come in the non-busy period but this is maybe 10 minutes a week or less on average
>Some of the 20 kg bars are slightly bent, I would probably never have noticed but a PT pointed it out to me
>2 power racks is pretty adequate but a 3rd would be better

Cons
>Shocking number of people who do not rerack
>No fractional plates
>Awful music and adverts that repeat ad nauseam
>>
>>40021437
Pros
>3 minute walk away from dorm
>most people stick to machines and cardio, so the bottom floor with free-weights is less busy
>2 power cages and a shitload of half-racks and benches

Neutral
>some hot chicks but also ugly ones
>nobody ever tries to interact with people they aren't friends with. nobody bothers you
>equipment is generally clean and in good condition

Cons:
>no racks for loading deadlifts. Not a probem now, bit it might be once i start lifting heavier.
>shitty erratic hours, closes super early on saturday
>mostly men downstairs in the freeweight area, so not as many mires
>>
>>40023729
oh, just remembered something better for neutral
>no music
>>
Pros
>Divided cardio and stretch area into top floor, and kept all free weights and machines on the bottom floor so you don't get cardio types getting in the way

>Well equipped, even during busier times

>Most people that enter the weights room know their etiquette and are regulars so everyone knows each other, not as friends, but as like the guy who benches x amount or whatever

Neutral
>Air-conditioned, but being a relatively compact gym in busier times with humidity it's basically a misty sweat waterfall, not mad though

>They don't endorse dropping weights but they don't actively enforce lowering them either, only time they intervene is if you're making a fool out of yourself

>Get some redneck alligator hunter type (I say that because I saw gator boys or whatever the show was called) who comes in and hogs the cables for an hour or so doing stupid stuff, but he's good entertainment and everyone just lets it slide like a running joke

Cons
>They have a group fitness and Ladies only room on the top floor and during group courses the fatties sound like they're gonna come crashing through the roof

>They play shitty music, just leave it on the top25 countdown 24/7. So you can almost predict what's gonna be playing if you go often

>My ex's parents work there as admin staff and trainers, they like me, and they're nice people, but it's awkward... And can't get over the fact they probably talk about the shit I do in gym back home

It's a good motivator though, my form is always perfect and my weights have skyrocketed to just past 1234, so I ain't mad
>>
Pros
>$12.50 a week
>open 24 hours
>multiple locations

Neutral
>the owner and PT's make a big deal about transformations and try pressure members into letting them post pictures on their company Facebook page
>free pt sessions but they aren't great and they use the time to guilt you into posting pictures
>they bring "healthy" treats in for morning tea every few days

Cons
>Dumbbells only go up to 35kg
>only 1 bench but 3 smith machines
>in general just feels like the place caters mostly to dyels
>>
Pros
>Enough squat racks and power racks that you can usually hog one to yourself with no problem
>Cheapest option locally
>Great variety of equipment. Running track, tire flipping area, Weightlifting platforms, machines, you name it

Neutral
>Two different plate types, bumper plates and metal plates. Metal plates in LB's, bumper plates in KG's, gotta do maths constantly to figure out what I'm lifting.
>Parking can be so-so depending on time
>Changing room/lockers aren't the best they could be

Cons
>No aircon, can get very hot during summer
>A lot of people just dumping equipment all over the place, using collars from the power racks on the smith machines and shit
>Big egos
>>
Pros
>expensive so no NYRs or half arsed people
>subscription comes with unlimited acces to the county swimming pool
>they regularly play good music when it's not very crowded

Neutral
>it also has a tennis and squash court that attracts large groups of old people. they all have coffee together in the cantine. they seem to be having a good time.
>a bunch of people I know train there too, so I can wave at them
>I pass a field of goats on my way there

Cons
>no mirror at the power rack
>dunno man my gym is pretty sweet
>no microplates?

honestly, it's mostly a lot positive things
>>
YMCA

Positive
>3 locations, including 2 near where I work so I can workout during my wagecuck lunch breaks
>Weight room generally free, most clients are old/families with kids
>emailed weight room supervisor and they said they were looking to purchase new equipment sometime soon (hopefully)

Neutral
>$56/month, you get what you pay for I suppose
>Tough to find workers during any given time
>existing equipment is old, chipped plates, etc.

Negative
>Disgusting showers, naked old fucks everywhere shaving, brushing teeth at sinks, etc.
>limited parking especially during school breaks
>lots of equipment misuse by douchey clientele
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.