[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you squat until parallel or ATG? I've seen many big guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1483885376263.jpg (325KB, 1200x1765px) Image search: [Google]
1483885376263.jpg
325KB, 1200x1765px
Do you squat until parallel or ATG? I've seen many big guys who only do parallel (or a little lower) with juicy legs.
>>
>>40017714
>he fell for the squat meme
>>
>>40017714
Most competition rules say that the crease of the hips has to pass the crease of the knees. Any lower than that is wasted effort in that instance.

Dont compete but thats the rule i follow. Any higher and its not a squat any lower can impact your PR.
>>
Squat slightly above parallel to keep tension on quads.
>>
Just past parralel, deeper is better IF you can do it without your back rounding.
>>
>>40017714
If powerlifting just go bellow parallel, else go as deep as possible as long you don't lose tightness, ATG is good to oly weightlifting because their sport require it,
>>
>>40017714
just under parallel on work sets, ATG everything else.

some people also have weird leg proportions and will never be able to squat ATG or parallel. here's a video on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
>>
I go below parallel, but just shy of atg. I've tried atg before, and I wind up losing tension at the bottom forcing myself into pause squat timing and losing that rebound at the bottom of the rep.

However I've found that this is the only way I feel like I can squat properly as I've tried hitting just at parallel before, and it felt really fucked up
>>
>>40017754
>competition rules
literally who cares 99% of lifters don't compete
>>
>>40017714

low bar past parallel

high bar ATG if you feel like it, at least break past the knees to spare them
>>
>>40018874
>squats in general
Then don't bitch if people leg press instead. Squatting is literally only useful for squatting, no other applications outside of squatting. So might as well leg press and make it easier, or leg extensions f it.
>>40017714
Just below parallel, ATG is (allegedly) harder on the knees and difficult to do without rounding your back.
>>
>>40017714
ATG but I squat not for the quads
>>
>>40017714
Used to do AtG until I ended up getting tendinitis in my knee, switched over to just below parallel when I recovered and I've been fine ever since.
>>
>>40018915
>Squatting is literally only useful for squatting, no other applications outside of squatting.
Are you seriously saying that squatting has no carryover to anything else?

Wow. 2017 is off to a running start, folks.
>>
>>40017714
Do you want stronger legs? ATG.

Do you want to squat more weight? Parallel.
>>
>>40019828
Anon i don't wanna hate on your logic but i don't understand it very well
>>
At the very least, everyone squatting should go just below parallel to activate the hips and glutes.

Whether or not you should go full ATG should be dependent on your proportions, really. People with a longer femoral bone in relation to the torso have an easier time going ATG without rounding the lower thorasic. There are some things you can do to minimally reduce butt wink, but some can never get rid of it entirely and thus, shouldn't be squatting ATG. At least with heavy weight.
>>
>>40020505
What he's implying is that ATG squats build "functional strength", while parallel squats only create an illusory facade of strength enabling the trainee to put more plates on his bar but not actually gain any strength.
>>
>squatting
Have fun destroying your spine kiddo
>>
>>40017714
you dont need to squat for juicy legs anyway.
Cycling will do it, it also covers your need for cardio
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.