[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Stew Thread What else should I add to my stew? I got lentils,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Daily Stew Thread

What else should I add to my stew? I got lentils, carrots, spinach, onions, mushrooms, diced tomatoes and green peppers, and a can of chicken (fuck you I don't wanna bake one of my chicken breasts just for this). Of course various spices too

Anything else I should throw in?
>>
You should take 2-3 of them out.

Onion + Carrot + Celery = flavour base, lentils & chicken = extra/nutrition
You went overboard and now you've done it and the world is going to end.
>>
>>40017460

You could always just slow cook the raw chicken breast in the soup until it falls apart, but it's understandable if you'd rather just use a can for a quick stew. Your stew sounds pretty good, although I would add celery to the list, and sweat it with the carrots and onions before adding the other stuff.
>>
File: received_10205077080794119.gif (836KB, 286x204px) Image search: [Google]
received_10205077080794119.gif
836KB, 286x204px
>>40017504
This right here.
You have way too many ingredients in there that contribute to the flavor profile. You need to add more neutral ingredients.
>>
>>40017504
Why celery? Anytime I've had celery uncooked it's just flavorless. What would it add?

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably do that just so I have more vegetables left to make soups in the future with it
>>
>>40017546

Celery is far from flavorless, you just need to fix your taste buds. If you don't believe me, try getting your hands on some celery seed (it's a cooking ingredient that's treated like a spice). Its flavor is way more concentrated and you'll get a sense of what regular celery stalks taste like to normal people.

As to why you should put it in a soup, celery, carrots, and onion are aromatic vegetables that form the flavor base for a ton of different cuisines, especially the French, where it's known as "mirepoix."
>>
>>40017460
Sounds pretty good to me as it is desu.

If you want to leave humanity behind, get some liver/heart/etc, freeze it, then chop it into tiny pieces and chuck it in
>>
>>40017584
Thanks, that's really interesting. I'll give it a try

>>40017616
Maybe another time, for now I'm gonna keep it nice and simple. Start experimenting with other stuff as it comes on sale
>>
>>40017546
Celery + Onion + Carrots is the most common veg flavour profile and what constitutes 90% of vegetable stocks

Google mirepoix, you'll learn to love celery
>>
File: IMG_0677.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0677.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Bout to do that meal prep again. Nothing better than homemade soup in the winter anon. Cheap as dirt too.
>>
>>40017584
Oh shit, just read this, you posted 99% what I did
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.