[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw father is jealous of your gains Anyone else relate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: angry.jpg (14KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
14KB, 600x600px
>tfw father is jealous of your gains

Anyone else relate to this? Is there anyone inside or outside of family who has started being an asshole to you since you started to improve yourself? It's like they are happy to encourage before you start but when you they see real fucking results there is this massive back lash.

Feels mad man.
>>
>>40014118
You have no father.
>>
>>40014126
Kys retard
you also have no father
>>
>>40014118

Nah my dad is proud. He looked fucking built in his 20's (was a skelly before that) and realised i'm going through what he went through so he gives me tons of tips, a lot are memes but I really appreciate it.

He went too hard though on squats so he had to stop really pushing himself in his mid thirties. Hes strong as fuck though and while hes put on a little weight hes still solid despite working at a university as an IT and HR manager.
>>
File: wou.png (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
wou.png
7KB, 225x224px
I don't know what my dad is doing.
He keeps grabbing my arms and rubbing my stomach to 'check my muscles'
Then he insists 'you can stop now son, you are clearly strong enough!' even though I am 127lbs
I think he IS jealous. Last week I caught him loosening the bolts on my bedroom door and mumbling to himself about how 'this'll show him he is too strong'. I guess he wants me to remain weak? He is fat and stronger than me, maybe he hates the idea of me being stronger?
He is acting pretty gay a lot of the time though like when he rubs my muscles. He also reads Mens fitness despite never working out
>>
>>40014118
my father died
>>
A lot of parents don't like to see their kids doing better in life then what they did.

Robert Moore talks a lot about these dynamics in his lectures on the King archetype and the warrior archetype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYxNprRHMx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1JhMux6AZo
>>
>>40014118
Not about my workout no but when I started getting good money my brother and mom started hitting me up for cash, and whn I refused, told me i've turned into a bitch and disowned me for a few months. Then when I didn't bend over and kiss his ass my brother blocked me out again. My mom's been better but she's finally making money now too.

(and before anyone thinks my family was on hard times, no they're not. My brother is 30 and has only recently started to hold down a job after being a drug addict and alcoholic to the point where he stole at least $10,000 from our grandfather THE MONTH HE HAD A STROKE , and my mom just has shitty money management skills and doesn't pay any bills besides her phone, my grandpa pays everything else.

if it's possibly, cutting them out of your life temporarily seems to send a pretty good message that you're not going to take that kind of shit, so if you don't live with him anon try talking to him less until he gets the picture.
>>
>>40014680
You have to be really fucked up to hate your kid for succeeding
>>
>don't even mention I go to the gym
>someone feels the need to mention all gym goers are "obsessed", "assholes", or "so fucking stupid"

It's as if anything that shows some semblance of physical activity is seen as a blatant insult to their being. It's pretty rare in Toronto to have someone /fit/ shame. My friends and family have always supported me in my gym and sport endeavours, but sometimes a friends friend will be a massive soppy cunt.
>>
I don't hate my dad, but surpassing him in every conceivable way is absolutely a goal in my life.

I think he is proud of me though, any backlash I get is from my friends
>>
>>40014737
>THE MONTH HE HAD A STROKE

Steal your grandfather money when he is too weak to defend himself.

t. Sun Tzu, Book II
>>
>>40014680
>A lot of parents don't like to see their kids doing better in life then what they did.
Maybe in your experience... pretty much every parent I know wants their kid to do better in life than them.

Also I don't think anybody has treated me poorly after I've gotten /fit/. Some of my friends make excuses as to why they haven't kept up Saying stuff like "I don't want to get that big, I just wanna stay lean and toned." when they see me getting kinda thicc or we talk about our goals.

Other than that I have a very supportive family, even though they're not all that into fitness, and some good gymbros that are much bigger/stronger than me and push me to work harder.
>>
>>40014882
Notice how it says A LOT OF not ALL. Retard.
>>
>>40014924
Yeah and I disagree, saying "pretty much every" (ie. a lot/most) think the opposite.
>>
>>40014409
Pretty spooky spooky, Anon. Are you becoming a behemoth?
>>
>>40014980
Notice how you are saying the same thing as the post above and the same thing as i said. Why are you such a nitpicking autist?

Btw, if anyone feels like its the case that their parent's aren't as happy with your progress and they are coming with some indirect stabs like "oh no you are big enough" or "here eat this cake" or even if they don't reward the progress and just ignore it and they act all like they don't care about it as they should then the links i posted might give you some good insights as to why they are like that. That was all
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.