[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make discipline gains? The only thing stopping me from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: blue.jpg (106KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
106KB, 1200x1200px
How do I make discipline gains?
The only thing stopping me from having a great body and being healthy is my laziness and inability to control myself.
If I had willpower/discipline, there is literally nothing stopping me from becoming a god. I could finally start practicing guitar seriously, I could move forward with my italian studies, read all the books that I have laying around.
What can I do about this? Can discipline be trained like a muscle? Are there any specific steps I have to take?
Help me, /fit/. I want to change so bad.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjxRwHTZiw
>>
discipline is basically routine. do it every day and it will eventually become second nature among many others you already do every day like browsing /fit/
>>
>>40013190
Yeah, this might work.
Forcing myself to do it those first few weeks will be the hardest, as I have tried and failed to do it in the past.
>>
File: banned-1.gif (2MB, 216x144px) Image search: [Google]
banned-1.gif
2MB, 216x144px
>>40013111
>I want to change so bad.

No you don't.

You don't want to change half as bad as you want to laze around in bed. You don't want to work out more than you want to eat. You don't want to read you books more than you want to play videogames or what ever nonsense you occupy yourself with.
You WOULD LIKE all of those things, but you don't actually WANT them.

But here's the thing, you can train discipline. Make steps every day towards your goals. Even if it's just one page of a book you mean to read, just DO IT. And there will be days you will fail. Oh yes there will be. That's okay, as long as you just get the FUCK back up and double up on your efforts.

And remember: "feeling like it" is not a requirement for doing something.
>>
The hardest part is starting. It takes 3 weeks to form a habit.

I guess you just have to hate your current situation more than you hate the inconvenience of change.
>>
File: fregg.jpg (31KB, 540x578px) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
31KB, 540x578px
>>40013242
Thank you man.
I needed a post like this.
>>
>>40013264
Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.
>>
>>40013111
Just stop being a lazy faggot.

Really, its that simple.

I failed to get the body I wanted until my early 40s. because I was like you. Learn from my mistakes, just fucking man up now and stop being a fucking bitch and you'll get what what you want.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40013111
>The only thing stopping me from having a great body and being healthy is my laziness and inability to control myself.

There's plenty more than that stopping you, including but not limited to:

>Chance occurance
>Physical effort involved
>The long hours
>The unknown details and lack of understanding
>etc

Yes, most of these things can be overcome through discipline but don't discredit them or all you're doing is mentally setting a magic pill or magic barrier to entry that you have to overcome so you can become amazing and get what you want- the cruel joke of life is that you'll never be happy. You'll never have what you want because your wants change as soon as you have or accomplish something.

With that said, discipline is absolutely the key to doing more with your life and becoming satisfied. I say satisfied rather than happy because happiness is purely a very brief emotional state (usually mere seconds) and not something you should care much about.

>Can discipline be trained like a muscle?
Absolutely. Discipline is built through repetition like anything else- through trial and failure and resolution. There are also things that help:

>Meditation
Hands down the best thing for self-discipline because it teaches you to experience discomfort and ride it out. It also lets you familiarise yourself with why you feel discomfort and "negative" emotions.

>Good Planning
Over analysis and over-planning are as much as a deterrent as lack of a plan. Getting this right (google SMART goals) is important.

>Journaling and reflection
Help you keep track of your progress and hold you accountable. It's also good for managing thought and scrutiny

Plenty more. Check /r/getdisciplined it's been fairly useful for me albeit filled mostly with nonsense like 99% of 4chan and reddit.
>>
Just do it you faggot, stop making excuses. You think successful people sit around and say "man if only I had the willpower to do x"

But I don't even know why I am wasting my time typing this when your not going to do shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.