[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way I can stop flinching at everything? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Kilgore_2901.jpg (29KB, 350x264px) Image search: [Google]
Kilgore_2901.jpg
29KB, 350x264px
Is there any way I can stop flinching at everything?

I'm tall, athlentic and people say I'm intimidating, but I'm always the first to flinch when there's a sudden loud noise nearby or when friends pretend to be charging at me. I feel that in a real fight I'd immediately lose coordination and get beaten.

What can I do to stop being so chickenshit? I want nerves of steel but I'm not sure how to get it.
>>
i'd like to know this as well i have the same problem every time somebody makes a gesture like they are about to hit me jokingly i flinch like a little bitch
>>
Start fighting, try boxing/muay thai or something similar.
Or even if that's too much try some sports like rugby.
>>
Quit caffeine
>>
>>40007434
contact fighting
>>
>>40007434
nigga my local boxing gym charges 135 per month for classes way too much any other alternatives?
>>
>>40007117
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have the opposite problem. I don't react to danger even when I should. I've lost control of my car on ice and been charged by large animals and I barely react.
>>
at first I was about to call you retarded because if something is coming at your face your natural reaction is to flinch/blink to protect your eyes.

if you are literally flinching from noises then you have a problem.

I still get annoyed when I heard this loud noise during class. I turned around and looked out the window to see it was some construction going on outside. Then the teacher talked to the class and said some bullshit about how you shouldn't be so easily distracted by loud noises. I get pulling a costanza and thinking about a "thats what I should have said!" I wish I called her a cunt and said if you were to ignore that in the wild animal kingdom youd be dead.
>>
>>40007117

Get your thyroid checked moght be graves
>>
Almost die. Once you do that nothing will scare you again unless it's legitimately life threatening
>>
>>40007117
To to Afghanistan for a year. You'll stop flinching at people altogether and instead be scared of loud noises and strange shapes by the side of the road at night
>>
>>40007483
This. Sudden loud noises don't even make me flinch and I'm calm in stressful situations, but when i should be calm, i never can be.
>>
>>40007436
underrated post
i took a two week break from caffeine and I stopped being a nervous wreck
>>
>>40007483
Is that a problem at all? I'd love to be like this. I've messed up so many things between I lost control of my nerves at the heat of the moment,
>>
>>40007312
Yeah nothing says you're a bitch like failing this 'test'

relevant
https://youtu.be/1wmgghlEagA?t=138
>>
>>40007510
The opposite will happen
>>
shoot guns or blow up firecrackers on mass.
>>
File: 1460510585623.jpg (169KB, 1013x805px) Image search: [Google]
1460510585623.jpg
169KB, 1013x805px
>>40007501

This !

Also listen to battlefield sounds or breakcore its shitty EDM but its as close as you can get to a full frontal assault on the ears

It probably wont help you but its worth a shot
>>
>>40007459
For real? Boxing is usually really cheap. You sure you're not looking at some kind of cardio boxing shit? The best boxing gyms are kind of underground g
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.