[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this guy says that you need to eat at least 4000 calories a day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (246KB, 1800x1198px)
maxresdefault.jpg
246KB, 1800x1198px
this guy says that you need to eat at least 4000 calories a day

in other words you need to become a fat piece of shit

explain to me again why is everyone here thinking's he's some kind of God?
>>
do you even the press?
>>
>>39989807
yes 65kg
>>
File: 936.jpg (27KB, 625x626px)
936.jpg
27KB, 625x626px
>>39989795
>>
>>39989815
umad bro?
>>
I don't do the whole fat powerlifter thing like guys on here do..........but SS isn't supposed to make you strong as fast as possible from being a weak bitch.

The easiest way to do that is to eat a shit load of food.

I generally eat only 2000 to 2200 calories to stay lean (10% BF) manlet. But if I eat 3500-4000 calories I'll go to the gym the next day and smash my current lifts out the water, at least for one day. So I can see if I did that for months on end, that I'd become stronger very easily without much effort besides eating more junk.

I prefer the aesthetics over maximizing strength though.
>>
>>39989819
>but SS isn't supposed to make you strong as fast as possible from being a weak bitch.

is*
>>
He is a strength coach, not a looking good coach. Do the compound lifts in SS but unless you really want to get strong, there's no reason to eat like that.

>hurr durr cut bulk
Ye you're not a bodybuilder, you're a beginner. Just do the lifts and eat normally and improve at your own pace.
>>
You will never deadlift 1,000 lbs. if you don't eat big. Abs are for faggots
>>
>>39989839
then why the hell would anyone here listen to him when the vast majority care about aesthetics?
>>
File: 1483581455133.jpg (181KB, 1535x862px) Image search: [Google]
1483581455133.jpg
181KB, 1535x862px
>>39989795
like everyone else said here

he's a strength coach and SS is designed to blow up beginners and make them as strong as possible within a short time frame.

SS is not an aesthetics routine but the strength you build from it will benefit you in the long run
>>
>>39989856
Because the lifting program is good.
>>
>>39989795
If you want to look good just do a sensible bulk and add asome fourth set of 8 reps to upper body lifts, curls and chest isolation.

And GOMAD is only for a certain demographic. Not for everyone. I dont know why /fit/ got such a Hard-on for GOMAD.
>>
>>39989871
is deadlift 1x5 enough? I started SS last week and I've always felt 1x5 is not much. However I do feel I can lift more weight (started with 1 plate), can this be the reason, ie I'm not lifting heavy enough?
>>
>>39989871
gslp is far better tho
>>
>>39990024
of course it's enough. like so many people you base your judgement on feels and not results. if 1x5 allows you to put weight on the every time you deadlift then it's enough. and you can easily get to 3-4 plates doing just 1x5.
>>
>>39989856
because "aesthetics" means having bigger muscles and low body fat. rip teaches you how to get strong. getting stronger while eating a surplus makes your muscles bigger. it's not rocket science.
>>
He says to eat 1000 above maintanence
>>
>>39990141
he says to eat according to your initial body composition, age, sex etc. There's a reason why he doesn't give an exact number, it depends on so many factors and it's up to you to figure it out.
>>
>>39990024
for a while you can get away with 1x5 and still progress. eventually you'll need more volume, but you should be good for now
>>
>>39990146
Yes well of course if you're talking about fat people.

For a skinny kid below 10% bodyfat, he recommends gomad
For a skinnyfat person he recommends 3-4000 calories
For a fat person he recommends high protein and lots of fruit and vegetables.

The literature says you need 2-300 calories extra to gain weight but the "experts" came to the agreement that 1000 extra calories was best for gaining strength and mass. 2,000 if you want to increase body weight
>>
>>39990175
well, that is eating according to your intial body composition/age/etc. The more untrained, male, young, tall and skinny you are, the faster your potential for growth is, and the bigger your intial surplus is to realize that growth. Rip also recommends 2-300kcals surplus, but that's for intermediates.
>>
>>39990024
1x5 is enough because squatting works approximately the same muscles and you're doing both of them heavy on the same day, which is very taxing once you're pushing yourself
>>
>>39990204
This. I used to leave the gym feeling like I hadn't done anything, but once I started moving heavier weight then doing high volume became next to impossible.
>>
>>39989856
Because when it comes to kinesiology, the man knows what he's talking about. Compound lifts are actually very complex movements, and he explains them in a way that beginners can understand.

He may not be aesthetic, and he may not be he strongest guy in the world, but he KNOWS his shit.
>>
>>39990194
>Rip also recommends 2-300kcals surplus, but that's for intermediates.

He says 1,000 extra calories in practical programming and that relates to both novice and intermediate. DESU your training age doesn't influence your calories. Things like energy expenditure, BMR and LBM are what influence your calorie needs, but we all already know this.

He says in SSBT to eat 3-4000 calories. It's in the nutrition section at the back of the book
>>
>>39989795
dyel skinnyfat spotted
>>
6'3" 100kg. I have to eat alot more then that to put on weight senpai.
>>
>>39990239
>your training age doesn't influence your calories.

You're forgetting one small detail when it comes to building mass, and that's hormones, which IS dependent on age. The more free testosterone you have, the faster you can synthesize protein, and the faster you can synthesize protein, the higher your BMR is going to be in recovery.
>>
>>39990239
>He says 1,000 extra calories in practical programming and that relates to both novice and intermediate.
No. I agree it's poorly written, but it's clear that it refers to underweight, young males.

>your training age doesn't influence your calories
not your requirements, but it does influence how fast you can grow. a novice can put on muscle mass faster than an intermediate, who can put on mass faster than an advanced lifter. this should be obvious. and it's equally obvious that to make that happent he novice needs a bigger surplus than the intermediate.

>He says in SSBT to eat 3-4000 calories. It's in the nutrition section at the back of the book
In my book it says between 3500-6000kcals depending on initial body composition. And it also seems to refer to young males between 18-35.
>>
>>39989795
what are your lifts, OP?
>>
>>39990275
This guy gets it. You'll be good till around 40 though.
>>
>>39990287
>and it's equally obvious that to make that happent he novice needs a bigger surplus than the intermediate.

No no no he'll just get fat. 1,000 is plenty for all your muscle protein needs
>>
>>39990275
Well yes I just assumed everyone here was 18-25 and skinny.

Sorry I keep forgetting about you old fat people lmao
>>
>>39989819
Actually, SS will make you stong as fast as possible for beginning lifters.
That's why it's called SS.
If you gave a beginner a program such as the Texas Method, they aren't going to see much progress just because they are beginners and don't know the movements with correct form yet.
>>
>>39990381
TM would work just fine, but they'd add a little weight weekly instead of every workout. There's no reason for a novice to do a weekly periodization. It works, but you're wasting a lot of time recovering when you don't need it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>39989795

Rippetoe flow chart:

Are you under 200 lbs?

No, then eat more food until you become an adult male.

Yes, then are you overweight/fat?

No = Eat more food.
Yes = Eat less food.

Rippetoe has said that fat guys already eat a lot, so they don't need to eat big. They just need to cut junk out of their diets.
>>
>>39990024

>is deadlift 1x5 enough?

Yes, you are doing this 3 times a week until progress halts. Plus, you have to eventually include warm up sets.
>>
Rippetoe is a strange little man with some serious issues

He suggests that some untrained skelly, starting with next to no weight on the bar, should do GOMAD and consume mega calories. Its fucking idiocy of the highest order. For the first couple of months strength training you can quite easily gain eating maintenance and still make the same strength gains

He's an arrogant, bitter, repressed little shit and I can't stand the cunt
>>
>>39990099
This. GSLP is great.

The main principles (2x5,1x5+) and squatting 2x a week, DLing 1x are great.

I think Phrak's GSLP is the best, but it does assume that you can do chin ups which might not be the case for some beginners. 2x upper body, 1x lower a day is much better then SS too.

If you are super new i reccomend doing push ups and chin ups as much as possible.

After that replace with whatever BB style moves you feel you need.

I also hate barbell rows, prefer chest supported, DB rows etc, but whatever.

As for bulking... GOMAD is OTT but if you wanna be big you gotta eat big. 500g meat, 2l milk is the foundation of my bulk diet.
>>
File: SS.jpg (788KB, 1956x2560px) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
788KB, 1956x2560px
>>39989795
I asked for (and received) the book for Christmas.

Flipping through it, I’m seriously impressed at how in-depth and massive it is. It’s almost intimidating.
Anyone have any advice on how to go about reading it?
Cover-to-cover?
Reading only relevant chapters?
Just as a reference guide to form and nutrition?
>>
>>39991203
Read it cover to cover at your leisure. Then refer back to sections pertaining to whatever exercise you'll be doing on a particular day and choose a few points to focus on while you're doing your sets.
>>
>>39991203
It's not hard at all to read cover to cover.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.