[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fell for the meme and got an ab wheel. What are some good exercises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Fell for the meme and got an ab wheel.
What are some good exercises for it besides rolling on your knees?
>>
Rolling on your feet
>>
>>39970409
Dips. Sit on your butt and roll out backwards using your triceps and back. Don't put too much pressure on your shoulders though.

Side rolls. Lay like a side plank but rollout with the wheel. Works sides of abs and back and obliques.

See how far you can go down with a normal roll. Or put your feet on a bench or couch and do some elevated roll outs.
>>
Do they make them with any resistance or kickback. I tried using my dumbells and when I rolled out I couldn't roll back lmao is my core just dyel or are real ones easier
>>
>>39970409
Buy two of them and some ply wood and make a scooter you can roll down a hill with.
>>
>>39970409
do them on your knees, get your nose to the floor body completely straight, stay there for a few seconds, roll back

try to flex your abs instead of just pulling back with your hams and hip flexors

when this gets to easy wear a backpack with weight in it

ab roll-outs are a god-tier ab exercise
>>
>>39970494
use a stability ball instead
>>
>>39970494
You're just weak, the entire point is to use your core
>>
Why would anyone ever get this? There are so many body weight ab exercises it hurts my brain.
>>
>>39970637
try one and find out
>>
>>39970637
People get bored, and like toys.

At least with this one, it works, and is usually on the inexpensive side.
>>
>>39970409
Except if you actually use your core and not your hips/hammies it's probably the best non lever an exercise.
>>
>>39970637
i don't have room for barbell rollouts is why. they decimate your abs like nothing else and i've tried everything.
>>
>>39970409
power lifters and MMA athletes use the ab wheel for core strengthening. everyone here guaranteed doesn't know how to use it properly. I use it after every workout and it's done wonders for my core
>>
>>39970409
Do them from standing, you pleb.

From knees is weak shit.
>>
What I find strange is that exrx only has this move listed as a stabilizer for rectus abdominis, see for yourself

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/BWKneelingWheelRollout.html

i find it a little hard to believe as i can make this move hurt my abs pretty easily
>>
>>39970763
Because the idiots bend at the shoulders and not the core.

Honest to god, the ab wheel is one of the best vertical flexation exercises for the core.
>>
>>39970637
it's less than $10 and ab wheels actually aren't a meme
>>
>>39970637
I guess since most other ones are endurance or rep related whereas this one is pretty immediate.
>>
>how hard could it be?

By my 6th rep I thought an alien was going to explode out of my stomach
>>
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/abs-and-core-exercises/tone-your-abs-lying-leg-raise

This one is awesome if you do them without moving your pelvis when you lower your legs. Use ball or something to get some weight if too easy.
>>
>>39970637

I have APT and I have to avoid every ab exercise that engages the hip flexors. So hanging leg raises and crunches are out the window.

Planks and ab rollouts for me
>>
>>39971687
you can do leg elevated crunches with your legs on a bench or chair to take your hip flexors and low back out of it. they're especially good when done holding a plate back behind your head. the long lever hits the rectus abdominus pretty hard.
>>
>>39970618
Fucking must be. Just started two weeks ago thought I was pretty fit already I also think the weights locked up on my dumbell so I have to try drag them back across carpet.
>>
>>39971796

Didnt think of that, thanks
>>
>>39970717
How do I do it correctly?
>>
>>39970914
Video pls
>>
Seriously someone post the absolute right way to use the ab roller for maximum ab activation.
>>
>>39972357
yes pls. Bump
>>
>>39970409
do them standing, I've worked up to doing 5 standing, then 12 kneeling, really fucks my abs up in a good way, also do a set where you go out 45 degrees to the left and right alternating for them obliques.
>>
>>39970637
Because I get a better ab workout in less time than if I were to do pretty much anything else.
>>
>>39972357
https://youtu.be/PwqJTPsI6i0

i bought one and use a fair amount
>>
File: ab wheels.png (1MB, 1443x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ab wheels.png
1MB, 1443x1600px
>>
>>39972464
DO NOT DO THIS. THIS GUY IS A KNOWN TROLL GETTING PEOPLE TO HURT THEMSELVES.
Read the instructions that came with your wheel or Google literally anyone else and watch their video.
>>
Waste of money. Might as wheel get this while you're at it
>>
>>39972925
"read the instructions that came with your wheel"

What the fuck. show us a good video then.
>>
Just ordered one on amazon. U niggers better not have trolled me or I wasted 11 bucks
>>
If you don't want to spend money, simply use a barbell with 2 plates and roll with that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzrkgL7HE9Q

scooby approved
>>
>>39972940
it works wrist flexors

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/WristFlexors/CBRollerWristFlexion.html
>>
File: fedoR.jpg (56KB, 500x500px)
fedoR.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>39970717
>everyone here guaranteed doesn't know how to use it properly
>however I do since I'm superior to everyone
>>
>>39971576
I never feel it during, the next day though, holy fuck
>>
File: Some kind of ruse.jpg (57KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Some kind of ruse.jpg
57KB, 640x960px
>>39972940
I made one of these 4 days ago. Have used it every day since.
Works bretty good and is kinda fun too tbqhwy senpai
>>
>>39973071
Is that good or bad? I want huge forearms
>>
>>39973227
same here

now I do 2 sets of 10 with side planking in the middle
>>
>>39970504
This. Cardio gains
>>
>>39973071
so do wrist curls
>>
>>39973763
These work better than wrist curls.
>>
>Ab rollers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
>>
>>39973227
i bought one last week, and tried it at home. Jesus, the next day my abs hurt with every movement, and i sneezed all day.
>>
What ab roller do yal recommend to buy? Does it matter how cheap you go?

Wacces are about 8 bucks.
>>
>>39974609
Doesn't really matter. They're simple as fuck and cheap enough that even if they break it's no big deal.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.