[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is pasta not okay for weight loss when there's pasta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2944.jpg (81KB, 640x769px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2944.jpg
81KB, 640x769px
Why is pasta not okay for weight loss when there's pasta made out of quinoa and brown rice? Why is the brown rice recommended?
>>
>>39964779
I'd slurp her brown rice and pour my special home-made sausage on her, if you catch my drift
>>
>>39964779
pasta is generally wheat, and i think refined and bleached, meaning all the micronutrients are fucked, and its just a shitty simple carb source. the other pasta youre talking about is never assumed when talking about pasta. apparently you have to cook it differently, too, because i fucked up really bad the one time i tried to make quinoa pasta.

brown rice is recommended over white because white is bleached, so same story as above. Id even recommend black rice because the color indicates the level of phytonutrients in it, although Im not sure how the micronutrients compare to brown rice
>>
>>39964779
>Why is pasta not okay for weight loss when there's pasta made out of quinoa and brown rice?
In general carb sources like that are not recommended for cutting since they're relatively calorie dense for the amounts people typically eat. Like a single serving of pasta is around 200-250 calories, but doesn't equate to much food once on the plate, increasing the temptation to eat more.

Brown rice is recommended more not because of their phytonutrients, but because of its lower glycemic load, meaning it doesn't spike blood sugar as much and provides more of a steady supply which typically leads to a longer sense of satiety. Some will argue about the fiber content of brown rice, however the difference between white and brown rice in terms of fiber is not hugely significant unless you're eating fucktons of the stuff in a day
>>
>>39965230
pretty much this

I would like to use this thread to also ask, is there anything as being allergic or not being tolerant of quinoa?
Seems a few times I've eaten it with tuna it has gotten me feeling funny on my stomach, maybe just coincidence or other food, I usually also like to put there corn and mayonnese if not cutting
>>
>>39964804
this was never even a meme bro, you guys are trying to hard since the SIR comic didn't haveanything meaningful to put in this year.
face it /fit/ has gone down hill
>>
>>39965230

Basmati has virtually the same GI as brown rice, so what other benefits does brown rice have to justify it tasting like shit compared to it?
>>
Because it's carbs. Carbs should be near zero when trying to lose weight. You wanna get ripped or remain a doughy little doughnut
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.