[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to increase one set pull up max? i've been doing them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: gains.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gains.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
how to increase one set pull up max?
i've been doing them high volume, but it hasn't increased my strength. I can do 11 pull ups in one set and i want to be able to get 15 strict after i get 15 i'm going to work on one arm pull up progressions any advice? whatever i try it hasn't seemed to be working i'm stuck at 11 pull ups
>>
weighted pull ups.

i could do 8 before i did any weighted work, 3 months later.

8 reps with 12 kg added, can now do unweighted 18.
>>
>>39960510
how to program weighted pull ups what rep and set scheme should monday wednesday friday?
>>
>>39960527

as much as you can,

3xfailure

schedule matters a lot less than you think.
>>
look up greasing the groove, helped me tremendously.
>>
>>39960452
Just saw a video by fortress on this shit. His sister broke the womens world record and he was training for the mens record.
Basically all you do is max out 3 sets a day. A set to failure in the morning, afternoon, and night. Very seldomly take a day off when your body cant take it anymore.
Its like a heavy duty version of hreasing the groove
>>
>>39960564
have you tried this has it worked out for you?
>>
>>39960510
This!

Ive only ever done weighted pullups, at sets of 5, im at 80lbs now about to jump to 90. I jump once I can complete 3 clean full ROM sets. At 90lbs itthe set will probably degrade to a set of 3 or 4 then a set of 2 and probably 2 again. I will aim for as much volume as possible by breaking up the sets more until i build up to 3 sets at 5 reps, then jump up in weight again. I do this with all my lifts and its been working great!

Also two weeks ago I was curious how many body weight i could do, keep in mind i only ever do sets of 5. My first attempt was 15 clean full range pullups while in the middle of my workout.
>>
>>39960580
Nah, my goal isnt to do a hundred pullups at once so i just run some crappy calisthenics ppl routine.

However I do trust that this dude knows what he's doing as he's doing 100+ from deadhang without leaving the bar, and his sister holds the Guinness record for pullups.
if you're interested heres an explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVQCD3RwVaY
and heres him doing a shitton of pullups from a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB7L7XcDArs
>>
>>39960651
>Ive only ever done weighted pullups, at sets of 5, im at 80lbs
sets of 5 or reps at 5 so you do 3 sets of 5 reps then increase weight once you hit 5 clean reps what if you keep getting stuck before 5 reps help me understand your progression better
>>
File: staer.jpg (43KB, 501x520px) Image search: [Google]
staer.jpg
43KB, 501x520px
>>39960742

>half in the morning, half middle of the day, half in the evening
>>
>>39960452
>50% of your max working set
>15 times or to failure
>Add one rep every workout

Every other day.

Boom.

After you get to 25 you can do three sets of ten and just add the weight.

My first workout I started with 25 lbs and did it.

Continue every other day and just stack it up adding 5-10lbs a workout.

After you get to 35-40%of your bodyweight added and you're doing 3*10 feel free to shortcut to 6*5 and keep jumping weight.
After this you're ready for one arm chin ups.

The jump from weighted chins to one arm chins took me 2.5 months.

Use a pulley and climbing harness. Load counter weight on other side.

Heavy singles to failure. You'll probably do 5 at a certain weight and another 5-10 at something 10lbs lighter. Try to hit 20 singles a night. Do assisted shrugs from starting position at the beginning of your workout.

Finish with negatives 4*5 with 5lbs less assistance than your heaviest working set.
>>
>>39960800
Sorry, 3 sets of 5 full ROM are the goal. Today at 80 lbs 1st set was 5 reps, 2nd was 5 third was 4 rest then 1. Next week I will cleanly get 3 sets at 5, the following week I will jump to 90 lbs and sets will all take a hit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.