[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's the deal: I'm in school, and I can't afford

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1483930682842.jpg (27KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483930682842.jpg
27KB, 500x748px
Here's the deal: I'm in school, and I can't afford any other gym around me than planet fitness right now. I want to ditch the plan the PT gave me and start something else like Starting Strength or 5x5, but Planet Fitness only has Smith machines, no power racks. I read that I can't do any kind of strength training with that.

What exercise program can I do until I can afford something better? I've looked, and every other gym around me is too expensive even with their student "discounts"
>>
File: yXSWXGh.jpg (229KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
yXSWXGh.jpg
229KB, 900x1200px
>>39958457
You're honestly better off doing bodyweight exercises in the forest
>>
>>39958482
I'm still new to exercise and thus thoroughly retarded. I need a set plan telling me what to do or how to progress to train my body and lose body fat. I don't know what I'm doing
>>
>>39958457
PF is a pussy shit gym. That being said, it isn't that bad for someone who isn't incredibly serious. You can definitely run SS5x5 in that hole for a long time until you can move. PF's price is pretty good honestly so unless you're looking to be a powerlifter, don't worry about it for a while. Start at PF, save some $, and move on when youre more advanced.
>>
>>39958520
I should be graduated and working full time by the end of the summer, but until then, I really can't afford to pay $30+ a month on my current salary. I can still make SOME progress though, right? I want muscle, but my first priority right now is losing body fat first. Like, I wont be wasting my time doing strong lifts or starting strength with a Smith machine for now?
>>
>>39958497
And being new to exercise you definitely shouldn't worry about it. As much as I hate to say, PF will most definitely have all you need to get started and stay on track for a while. I'd run Starting Strength 5x5 or some other linear beginner's program (there aren't barbells at PF but you can redneck it and do a lot of the movements prescribed in 5x5 on their purple smith machines). I'd do cardio at least 3 times a week, doesnt matter what it is, just do something to get your heart rate up, and i'd start eating a diet with more whole foods in it rather than junk.
>>
>>39958457
If you're not very strong, you can do dumbbell routines in PF. PPL would be good.

If you're dead set on doing SS, you should really join a better gym. There's other gyms that are $10 a month with free weights in most areas. I go to one. If you swear you've looked and there's nothing, you could use the smith machines just make sure to not take form cues from SS then and research smith machine form.

I spent my first 6 months lifting in planet fitness, and after joining a real gym I made more progress on the big compounds in 2 months than I did in 6 months with noobest gains on smith machines. So I obviously recommend a real gym.
>>
>>39958581
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I'm in Bentonville, AR, about 35 minutes outside of Fayetteville. The only 4 real options for gyms I'm seeing are PF, Anytime Fitness, Bentonville Community Center, and a Walton fitness center which is just for Walmart employees and their families (I don't work at Walmart)
>>
>>39958581
Yeah he'll for sure lose out on some steamy noob gains without barbells, but it is what it is. Something is better than nothing
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.