[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ I really want to go to the gym and get fit. My problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: samuelhyde.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
samuelhyde.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
hey /fit/

I really want to go to the gym and get fit.

My problem is that I have never worked out and I have no friends that are interested in going to the gym.

I'm terrified of the gym because I don't know how to lift, gym etiquette, a good routine, or if I need a spotter? Little things like that prevent me from joining a gym.

Please help.
>>
READ
THE
FUCKING
>>
>>39947947
I did
>>
>>39947935
Practically everything is on the internet.

Why are you letting social anxiety stop you? If you need a spot just open your mouth and ask
>>
>>39947935
nigga just learn as you go, shit is not that complicated. but don't forget to tip the receptionist
>>
>>39947935
I was terrified of all this shit too. At the end of the day I was more terrified of being a weak little bitch for the rest of my life.

Get it done famb. If not, good more racks for me.
>>
>>39947985
thanks for the advice.

Do most people go to the gym alone?
>>
>>39947935
Read this:
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Goes through everything. Also, you don't need friends ... they're a detraction.
>>
>>39948018
Can I do this at Planet Fitness?
>>
>>39948011
Yes, bring music and wear headphones, do your thing.
>>
>>39948185
No. Avoid Planet Fitness. That's not how a man moves iron.
>>
File: 1477695675882.jpg (46KB, 365x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477695675882.jpg
46KB, 365x720px
>>39947935
I was in your exact boat when I first started (6 months ago), so obviously I'm not an expert, but I've learned a few things. First, start with machines for a little while til you get a bit stronger. Once you get a bit stronger, get to the free weight compound lifts, because they're very important. Gym etiquette don't really exist, just re-rack your shit or wipe your stuff down if you left a huge amount of sweat. Don't worry too much about a routine right away, you'll get that figured out as time goes on. Also the biggest tip I can give you is to not give a fuck about the rest of the people around you - anxiety is the greatest goblin. Learn to tune out the people around you and become the best version of yourself that you can be.

Good luck and godspeed anon
>>
>>39948341
thank you
>>
>>39948377
No problem brother
>>
>>39948185
>>39948240
Planet Fitness is fucking fine, you don't need an extensive powerlifting setup if you're a beginner. Stop memeing.
>>
>>39948508
No. Planet Fitness is not suitable for any standard barbell based routine. It's also a feminised environment and full of people you won't strive to compete with and/or aspire to. It's low energy and will make you lift weaker. But hey, if you want a friendly safe unintimidating safe space with pizza every week, go ahead. Just remember that you're too much of a week willed pussy that you resorting to a unchallenging and castrated excuse for the iron temple that should be where you belong, as a functioning man.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.