[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since there's no medical or general health board and /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

Since there's no medical or general health board and /adv/ is suggesting suicide (as usual), I'm turning to you guys.

I'm not /fit/ anymore. I stopped running, playing tennis and football and I haven't worked out since I've been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I've lost a lot of muscle but not so much fat, at one point I had lost 35 lbs compared to my initial weight. I kept eating like a madman to keep it as stable as possible and regain as much as I could during better phases, during the worst week I lost 16 lbs, and now I'm skinnyfat and just under 155 lbs at 5'10"

In addition to constant diarrhea, I'm plagued by abdominal pain, being permanently bloated and panic attacks whenever I'm on a train or in a car or otherwise out of reach of a toilet. I literally look like pic related after a small bowl of oats for breakfast. Going to the gym or running is out of the question, sometimes I have trouble getting to uni without shitting myself. The fear of an embarrassing accident got so bad I rarely leave the house at all.

My doctor is useless, but the meds help me keep my weight stable and not shit myself to death. In my last thread someone suggested Auto Immune Paleo, but I can't find most of the allowed foods in my part of the world. After a couple weeks of mostly eating ground beef and vegetables and not getting better I gave up. At the same time I've developed an eating disorder, since everything that goes in has to come out again, I stopped eating before going out of the house, like, no breakfast, no lunch. Due to constant abdominal pain my appetite is pretty small, so I'm not really eating big anymore anyway. Most of my calorie intake is from unhealthy snacks these days.

I'm feeling like shit, my social life is going down the drain and I'm starting to show symptoms of depression.

Help me /fit/.
>>
This is going to sound like a troll but it isn't, look into smoking cigarettes - there are actually many cases of this working for people. GI issues are almost impossible to diagnose and it's just a medication dart throw until something works, but eventually you'll get there. Also look into marijuana and mushrooms if you're really at ends, there are also anecdotes of people being cured with the help of illicit drugs..
>>
>>39946498
You are not 5'10 when you are this fat at 155lbs you turbomanlet
>>
didnt brock lesnar have ulcerative colitis?
>>
>>39946552
It's not fat you blithering retard, it's gas.
>>
Have you tried cutting milk out?
>>
>>39946566
Lmao @ your faggy life
>>
>>39946586
>gets diagnosed with incurable autoimmune disease
>Lmao @ your faggy life
Low blow you cunt.
>>
Got sth similar, dont give up. got no solution tho
>>
>>39946498
No fiber. No wheat, no dairy protein (because in absence of fiber casein will bung you up).

Fatty meats are a good focus.
>>
>>39946498
I will once again shill for my favorite new source of dietary information.

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2010/07/ulcerative-colitis-a-devastating-gut-disease/

>Unfortunately, two people dear to me have recently developed ulcerative colitis. Both live in the same household – a hint that the disease has a shared cause, like diet or an infectious pathogen.

>These diseases probably develop through a hierarchy of causes [there follows a list]

>If we prioritize these in terms of damage caused, then ulcerative colitis is an infectious and autoimmune disease, since these two factors do the most severe damage. It is generally unclear which is doing the most damage. Food toxins and malnutrition continue to be secondary sources of damage.

>On the other hand, if we prioritize chronologically in terms of the original causes, the disease is originally caused by food toxins and malnutrition and sometimes antibiotics, which cause intestinal damage and infections, followed by autoimmunity.

>In our view, various dietary and nutritional tactics are critical, with toxin elimination and vitamin D normalization among the most important steps.

>Steps to improve gut flora may be essential. This is a fascinating approach which is gradually migrating from alternative medicine to research hospitals.

>Medical treatments can be very helpful, and can include antibiotics such as rifaximin to treat infections and thyroid hormone to promote healing and immunity. Extremely popular among doctors is the use of anti-inflammatory drugs to help reduce autoimmune damage.
>>
>>39946538
I'm not gonna fuck up my lung to unfuck my colon, I've already have nasty cancer coming my way, I'm not gonna add the risk of lung cancer to it. I already asked my doctor about technically illegal drugs, but he said it usually doesn't help at all and I'd be on my own if I wanted to try that. I smoked a couple of joints, no effects worth mentioning.

>>39946552
>>39946566
Exactly this, you can count the ribs on my ribcage but my stomach is a balloon.

>>39946564
I have no idea, but it's entirely possible as the severity of the disease varies a lot.

>>39946582
Eventhough it's not the cause of my problems, I've cut out dairy completely for a while, with ne effects worth noting and have reintroduced a minimum amount like the occasional cheese.

>>39946597
hang in there

>>39946647
I'll try this.
>>
>>39946655
>If I haven’t become exhausted, I may add a brief note regarding medical therapies. Doctors have a choice of anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive therapies appropriate for autoimmune diseases, and antibiotic and probiotic therapies appropriate for infectious diseases. Our bias is in favor of defeating infections; many autoimmune conditions, we suspect, will disappear within months after the infections that spawned them have been defeated.
>>
>>39946662
>I smoked a couple of joints, no effects worth mentioning.

What strain? were they high CBD or not? Do you know anything about weed strains? They are completely different drugs depending on the breed.
>>
google fecal transplant.
keep going to different docs and ask for fecal transplant until you find one that'll help you out. (academic hospitals give higher chance of succes for this)
if you cant find a legit doc, you can do it yourself but it requires a strong stomach (pun wholly intended). Find a trusted friend/family member, preferably someone who's in the best shape physically AND mentally. No autoimmune shit, no fatties, no autism/depression/ADHD. Acquire some of their poop. Deep freeze that shit (yea), crumble the deep frozen shit and put it into a capsule. Take these shit capsules for a few weeks.
>>
You make nearly all the gut gas by your gut bacteria putrifying fiber. The rest you swallow.

Not eating fiber is one option (and the Swedes apparently had good success treating IBS with that regimine).

Probiotics might be another option.
>>
>>39946697
forgot to add: Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>39946662
Although you may think that anon was trolling, nicotine seems to help with inflamatory GI diseases. You can always get the patches and not smoke. Also start taking probiotics daily.

1. Get a food tolerance test asap. It'll show you what foods you're most sensitive to and eliminate those from your diet completely if possible.

2. See a nutritionist about making a diet plan for you from the shit you can tolerate

3. Consider fecal transplant therapy

4. If all else fails, and if your symptoms are severe enough for it to be an indication, get a colectomy done, ie. removal of the large intestine. That's what's inflamed in UC. Complete colon removal is a definitive cure for UC, but it does introduce some challenges. You have to weigh those against having the constant fear of shitting yourself in public whenever you eat something
>>
>>39946655
>>39946674
From part IV:

>These supplements are very effective at fighting acute diarrhea from most food-borne infections. A fistful of probiotic capsules taken every hour will usually quickly supplant the pathogens and end diarrhea.

>However, against more severe bowel diseases caused by chronic infections and featuring damaged intestinal mucosa, these species are usually not helpful. One issue is that they provide only a tiny part of a healthful adult microbiome.

>As this figure shows, Bacteroides spp. are the most common commensal bacteria, with Bacteroides uniformis alone providing almost 10% of all bacterial genes in the gut. Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium do not appear among the 57 most abundant species.

>This study showed, by the way, that patients with irritable bowel syndrome have 25% fewer types of bacterial gene in their gut than healthy people, and that the composition of bacterial genes in feces clearly distinguishes ULCERATIVE COLITIS, Crohn’s disease, and healthy patients. In other words, in the bowel diseases a few pathogenic species have colonized the gut and entirely denuded it of about 25% of the commensal species that normally populate the gut.
>>
>>39946697
>>39946710

These dudes are going, partly, where I'm going. Read the whole perfect health diet thing. Fecal transplant therapy is a thing, fortunately and unfortunately.
>>
>>39946676
No idea, what strains should I be looking into?

>>39946697
Oh dear Lord, I've read about this, but swallowing capsules filled with a friend's shit is new.

>>39946704
Not eating fiber isn't an option as my main problem is diarrhea.

>>39946710
I'll ask my doctor about nicotine and look into e-cigarettes. He said my problems are completely unrelated to my diet, but I've already made an appointment with a nutritionist, but that's in February.

>>39946714
Analysis of my feces was negative. Colonoscopy and biopsy lead to the diagnosis.

>>39946730
Eating shit it is I guess.
>>
>>39946847
Ye, eating friend's shit should definitely be a last resort. There are ways to pharmaceutically rpepare a fecal transplant capsule which will end up looking like a normal everyday capsule, completely odourless. THe only problem is that that type of therapy is in very early stages. Mainstream docs are not acquainted with it, and will not be able to help you, so you will need to find a doc with practical fecal transplant research experience. Which is why I recommend trying academic hospitals.
Eating a friend's poop is prolly easier in a practical sense, but there's some psychological hurdles to it.
>>
>>39946498
Keto will fix this shit in a couple of months.
>>
>>39946950
It doesn't even compare to the psychological hurdle of almost shitting yourself on a crowded train, or going on a date with a hot girl you've spent all our energy on getting to go out with you, just to notice you're gonna be shitting for the rest of the day the second you sit down at the table with her.

>>39946972
It didn't.
>>
RIP OP
>>
>>39947428
Soon, I'm fully aware that bowel cancer will cut my life a lot shorter than I'd like.
>>
>>39947628
Read through this thread. Wish I could give advice OP. Really shit you have to experience this.

Hope you find a way to improve your quality of life.
>>
>>39946498
Sup dude, I'm 27 and have had UC since I was 20.

I've been where you are.
>>seemingly constant bloody diarrhea so often that I had to get a blood transfusion.
>>anxiety at the thought of being more than 5 minutes from a toilet
>>sleepy, dizzy, dehydrated, deep stomach pain

I can tell you that it gets better, and I think the main thing is finding a doctor that's interested in more than just giving you a prescription and telling you to fuck off. I went through 4 doctors before I found one that was willing to listen to me completely and recommend things to actually aid my recovery.

Additionally, it sounds like you're going through a flare right now, which is a time period that your symptoms go into overdrive. Eventually it will calm back down, and you just have to ride it out until them. From experience, some things that help to reduce the length and severity of flares are

>>finding which foods irritate you during a flare
>>drinking plenty of water
>>getting on Prednisone if you're in a moderate or serious flare. Prednisone is a temporary treatment (but a flare is a temporary issue) you will have side effects, and it's not great for you if you have to get on it repeatedly, but it will help you a lot.

I have more I can say if needeed/answering questions
>>
>>39946498

Start roiding, for two reasons:

1). The possiblity of Sterility is a benefit to you if this condition is Genetic, you don't wanna pass on such a curse

2). Steroids can profoundly increase muscle mass even with nutrition intake that is substandard for a natty. - not that doesn't mean that the roids will exert their full effect, but they will certainly help.

Offhand I highly doubt injectable testosterone would make your condition any worse, and I could even see it improving some. At they very least would dramatically improve your body composition.

In fact, since you cannot over-do calories you might have an easy time getting that shredded look on a moderate dose of testosterone, like 500mg weekly would probably be enough.

Avoid Orals & Tren. These are toxic and can make food harder to handle as it is, that's last thing you need.
>>
Total Colectomy
>>
File: 1481342705381.jpg (117KB, 403x509px) Image search: [Google]
1481342705381.jpg
117KB, 403x509px
>>39946498
stop eating fiber
>>
>>39946697
OP this is sadly legitimate, post pics of you taking the capsules with timestamp
>>
>>39948635
This flare has lasted for almost 2 years now. Prednisone was the first thing I got, because I was close to starving to death and the inflammation had to be stopped pronto. Nobody thought the side-effects could possibly be worse, but they were. I quickly got an extremely painful inflammation in the right foot to the point where put any weight on it was impossible. I was hopping around on a crutch and the left foot for a day, then it affected both feet. Walking was completely impossible for days, fading out the Prednisone was accompanied by inflammations under the kneecaps, which made walking still painful, but possibly. There were more minor side effects, but these were the worst.

Since nothing except cortisone helped me at all, I'm now on Cortiment, which for some magical reason only works in the colon and doesn't affect the rest of the body.

There aren't many suitable doctors in my area, and I had to go to literally the next best one, I can't travel far and didn't have 3 months to wait for an appointment when all of this started. I've probably given him too many chanches, but I have an appointment tomorrow and if he doesn't listen this time, I'm trying the next one.

>>39948775
Passing on this shit isn't a concern really, I have trouble maintaining and erection with everything that's going on in my stomach, let alone finding a girl in my condition. There's no empathy for this, only "eewww that's gross".
>>
>>39946498
Eat raw sauerkraut at least once per day.
>>
>>39950072
Adding in my 2 cents. Step dad has had UC for years. He gets injections once a month to help manage his, but he's also used nicotine patches to help manage flare ups.

Good luck dude. Sorry you're having a rough time.
>>
>>39950094
I'm German and didn't react well to Sauerkraut, so I eliminated it from my diet, along with a couple other things. Maybe I try it again after this semester. I currently can't afford to spend an entire day on the toilet.
>>
>>39946498
ive had UC and im trying to get gibs for it. Had it since 2012. I am also considering suicide because the meds are fucking up my cognition and IBD shits are awful.It doesn't get better op, im sorry but try to endure. I am also at wits end. If i could i would spend the rest of my days high as fuck and smoking cigars. Just be careful cus you can get a really bad case of the spins with mixing drugs and prescriptions. IM on imuran, mesalamine, bentyl and i did the antibiotic regimen for like 2 weeks. Docs say surgery is my best bet but i rather not have a bag attached to my chest or have to pump water into my bowls to shit.
>>
>>39950361
Wanna start a fad where we get people to eat shit on camera as a challenge to raise awareness before we kill ourselves?
>>
>>39950532
I'm a fucking 22y old neet with village people parents that think all diseases are weakness of the mind.
>>
>>39950700
>parents that think all diseases are weakness of the mind.
I'm 24 and barely keeping up with uni, my dad says I should just eat a banana and stop whining.
>>
>>39950940
I fear that death or intense drug abuse are our only options.
>>
>>39946498
My mom has moderate-sever UC and she had a lot of improvement after eliminating gluten, among other things. She also has tried probably 12 different medications, many of which were trials, and finally found one that works for her. I wish I remembered the name of it, but moral is work with your doctor and if he won't try out new medicines, get a second opinion man. Find some medicine that works.

I feel for you bro, because in all likelihood you're going to have to give up the /fit/ life or at least severely compromise it. No doubt you take/have taken a lot of steroids (not the good kind) and you obviously have nutrient absorption problems so anabolism is always going to be a ridiculous struggle.

I'll pray for you tonight anon. Whether you believe in it or not, know that I'm rooting for you.

>n-no homo
>>
>>39951341
Thanks mate, I appreciate it.
>>
Sounds like you could have chrones. Maybe take align
>>
>>39946498
I got diagnosed with crohns over a year ago - i spent a year slowly dying and lost 20kg of muscle, could barely move all day and began to twitch and go blind/ constant tinnitus. Eventually they found out what it was and got me on steroids and suppressants and now im totally fine - im nearly back at my weight and exercising.

So OP just keep going, time and medication will bring you back. And at least you can always get a colostomy - my worst case scenario is that and all my small intestine removed along with lifelong arthritis.
>>
>>39946647
> no fibre on a UC patient

It's like you want him to get a toxic megacolon and die.
>>
>>39946498
dude stop eating oats. you clearly allergic to gluten
>>
>>39951830
your knowledge about medicine is shit and you should stop giving advices.
yes i am a doctor
>>
>>39951836
First of all coeliac isn't an allergy, almost no-one is allergic to gluten.

Neither is bloating a specific symptom of allergy, its a symptom of intolerance. If it were an allergy he would begin to wheeze, feel tired and get headaches.

Secondly no, in IBDs bloating is common with certain foods or just sporadically - the gut is in less of a place to work hard and the flora is changed meaning that gas is especially common - there isn't necessarily anything wrong with the bloating at all.

t. doctor who did a GE rotation.

I really hate when people talk shit.
>>
>>39951850

No you aren't, but that's ok - keep being demonstrably wrong, ill keep correcting you.

> no fibre with UC
top kek
>>
>>39951850
Not him but i do have crohns colitis and literally the only time you are meant to eat no fibre is in case of an obstruction, otherwise every doctor i have seen gives me fibrogel to maintain passage. Sorry "doc".
>>
>>39951871
I eat a lot of fiber already but im put off by the constant toilet trips, would eating less cause that much of a problem?
>>
>>39951865
you do not know what is allergy...
coeliac is an allergy. allergy mean hypersensivity and coeliac is exactly that.
>>
>>39951894
A lot of people with IBDs stop eating all together to avoid symptoms but then they literally begin to starve to death, which will kill you a lot quicker than the IBD ever will, especially when you are having to fight to get a baseline of food absorbed.

The important thing to remember is that it is temporary, whether months of a few years and it will fuck up your life in the meantime, so reduce your goals - just eat well, including fibre and keep alive and allow that you will be on the toilet all the time, that you may have to resit years of uni.

Eventually you'll be in remission and be normal again - in the meantime eating well is your main target.

Also don't get too pedantic over food intake, almost all IBD patients obsess over food and develop unnecessary diets and food bans, most likely you aren't intolerant to any, except milk is often a culprit. Just eat well.
>>
>>39951894
Just do what I do and just not eat. Your gonna feel like shit anyway, why make it worse with food in your system? It's not like your gonna fully digest/absorb nutrition anyway.
>>
>>39951906
Coeliac is an autoimmune disease - it doesn't even involve the same IG system as allergies.
>>
>>39951920
>>39951926
Fuck
>>
its 2 am and my life is shit but at least my stomach works most of the time

thank you zyzz
>>
Got UC too. Cheer up. Dropped from 80kg to below 65kg at the start of this year (at 6' tall). Was full skellington. Now up to near 85kg. I keep my bf above where I'd like it for aesthetics so that I'm not gonna get hospitalised if I flare badly.

I like to think of the flares as a kind of natural cut/bulk cycle. Eat and workout a lot when I'm healthy, cut a lot of weight (while still eating as much as I like) when I flare. It's not ideal, obviously, but as with any condition this serious you just have to accept that your life will be limited in some respects.

Flares don't last forever, though, and you can stay in remission for a long time, so that's the goal.

Find hobbies you can do from home, also, so you can make progress in your life while ill. Read a lot, learn programming (recommend this as it's a good career with potential to work from home), learn to cook, whatever you enjoy.

In terms of diet, meat is generally not a problem for me, so I eat a lot of chicken. Eggs are also good. Mashed potatoes to fill up (you can load it with butter for calories, too). Take multivitamins to make up for the lack of fruit/veg. Be careful with dairy in general.

All of these things you can figure out for yourself once you have the general principle down: your life has new limits, but you can work around them. My life actually became more efficient because I felt forced to use my time more efficiently.
>>
>>39951976
Also, ignore anyone telling you not to eat. Eat regularly and in small portions. I probably eat more when I'm flaring, as so little of it is actually being processed.
>>
File: 250px-OP_is_a_fag.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-OP_is_a_fag.png
62KB, 250x250px
>/fit/ falls for bait thread

OP's pic is just him bloating his gut
>>
File: 1483638078569.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483638078569.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>39946498
If what the anons here are saying about nicotine is true and you dont want to fuck up your lungs, why dont you try snuff tobacco or snuss? They're probably the healthiest way if you want to try nicotine therapy. I've been snuffing for quite a long time while being very active physically and eventually had to stop because I somehow got allergic to it. I see no visible difference in my performance with or without it except for the fact that ive obviously made gains.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.