[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental gains thread /fit/; how do you guys toughen yourself against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1077.jpg (26KB, 469x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
26KB, 469x313px
Mental gains thread /fit/; how do you guys toughen yourself against romantic rejection and learn to take it on the chin?
>>
>>39942995
By reminding myself that there will always be other hoes and it's all a numbers game.
>>
I hate this degenerate board so much some times
>>
remind yourself that most women are dumb whores anyways.
>>
>>39943023
Go away Chad
>>
Go to a different area and hit on women you'll never meet again if it goes wrong

That helped me get used to rejection

Didn't stop me being rejected though, success is about volume
>>
>>39942995

By moving on to the next one. Its really very similar to lifting weights. That 100kg squat becomes real light real fast if you just keep training.
>>
By giving up and focusing on other aspects of life

T. 29 year old never had a relationship with a woman.

Something in my head is obviously broken, the urge to reproduce isn't strong enough to deal with women and their bullshit. Sometimes I feel lucky about this, because I will never end up like a guy that fucks and has kids with someone they regret ever meeting.
>>
I honestly dont understand women, its like they are a completly diffrent species
They dont seem to want sex, relationships or anything romantic at all. If they do they already got a boyfriend

Its so strange
>>
>>39942995
Do what i do

>women love me
>dress nice always
>smell nice always
>compliments daily
>no trouble getting girls at all
>tfw i cant approach girls in any romantic way.

OP get good at noticing girls that are clearly into you. Rejection will be a thing of the past once you get good at it. Been working for me for past 10 years.
>>
Just going through a very fresh breakup with my girl of 2 years.
I think I am definitely mentally retarded in some way, because the amount of grief i feel is surreal and I don't even know how it can possibly feel so goddamn bad.
All I want to do is settle down with a partner that is also interesting in maintaining a long term relationship.

But with each failed relationship it becomes more obvious to me that I probably won't ever find what I am looking for.
>>
>>39943144
>But with each failed relationship it becomes more obvious to me that I probably won't ever find what I am looking for.
I feel you mate, im in exactly the same position

Gf left and i started thinking whats keeping me chasing girls when its obvious they dont share my view of relationships or goals in life, they arent like men anon so dont worry about that

Keep your chin up, it will get better
>>
>>39943144

I envy you.

Bro you have a FRESH START. You are single and there are so many fucking women its amazing. I know i know, break ups fucking suck but after a couple of months you will be fine., been there done that. Stop making expectations with girls also. Meet a nice girl down the road and take it day by day.
>>
>>39943093
Are you
>Indian
>Asian
>obese
>socially awkward

Having just one of these things can lead to a life of virginity for a man in western countries.
>>
>>39943189
>You are single and there are so many fucking women its amazing
Im not him but really?
Ive been single for two years now and ive found and dated three girls in this period, there havent been alot of girls around

Depends on where you live
>>
>>39943192
>185cm, fit, white, educated and emplyoed
Nah mate, im no virgin and ive had relationships but i cant relate to women at all and its just that.
They seem to just not want guys, i cant explain it but they feel so uninterested generally
>>
>>39943090
Ive got this gf I loved deeply after being virgin no-hand-touch weirdo for 26years

You're lucky because I'd 100% definitely kill myself and suffer a fucking great pain i can't bear if we ever break up in the future
And there's nothing to stop this
>>
>>39943015
>>39943035
>>39943070
>>39943079
All of these brah. Abundance mentality
>>
>>39943210

What kind of social events do you go to? Where do you work? You would be amazed at how many women are looking at you.
>>
>>39943237

Question....what exact;y do you talk to them about? What are your interest? being serious.
>>
>>39942995
Well you first need self esteem. I got that by getting into fitness. Then just go with mentality if she rejects me its all ok at least i tried
>>
>>39943270
Im strapped for time right now because its final year in uni and i work part time in an office aswell but i have worked part time in a resturant during these two years aswell
Doing kickboxing, BJJ, lifting and working at my gym has been all ive done since starting school and pickings have been extremly slim for girls.
I honestly thought school would be a great place when me and my gf broke up but damn, it was not

>>39943286
Oh shit, everything
It depends on the girl, diffrent girls want diffrent topics
I just dont get that feeling that they want guys as much as guys want girls
I can talk to anyone about mostly anything, it takes some probing but you can find common ground with most people (guys and girls)
>>
File: Uncuck 4 np.jpg (1MB, 920x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Uncuck 4 np.jpg
1MB, 920x3024px
Pic related guys. This is honestly the solution to your problems, and I picked the least /pol/ option that I could.
>>
>>39943358
Wow i would think the restaurant would be an easy place to pick them up. BUT you seem focused right now. Focus on yourself for a little while and do you. Keep your eyes out for girls peeking at you ESPECIALLY the ones you might see more than once (around the office, school, etc.).
>>
>>39943425
>Wow i would think the restaurant would be an easy place to pick them up.
i did meet my gf while working in one so it might be but ive noticed more struggles than im comfortable with
>>
>>39943422
This is pretty damn spot on. Hell, I had adopted a load of these points after my girlfriend left me, now she sees me as I am now and regrets leaving me.

What are your other ones anon?
>>
>>39943189
I am just weird when it comes to social contacts in life, i think.
I only have a handful of people that i respect and that i bother chatting with through my phone.

I can't see the point of having 200 social contacts each and every single one of them being almost unimportant.
While i am friendly to everyone i meet and can have a laugh and good chat with everyone, i am barely interested in making everyone i meet a friend.

So naturally, when i have a partner he is one of few very important contacts in my life.
So if i interact with my partner or when i do things that might affect my partner, i always have a lot of mental power left to consider my action. I think them through, i think about what my partner will feel and think about if i do this and that etc. It comes naturally for me.
But i feel like that so many people out there can't do that themselves, since their entire life is hooked up with so many people that they have to interact with throughout the day, that there just inst any "mental power" left for them to work with towards their partner.

It's like to me a partner is written in fontsize 40 while for everyone else its fontsize 14 amongst a 10k esssay of 12's.
>>
>>39943532
>when i have a partner he
>HE
>>
>>39943532
Your basically me.

You are a sensitive dude and there is nothing wrong with that(so am i). I am too a very social person but only let a small SMALL percentage in. I think you are expecting way too much and it may be your current downfall. You sound like you need a very down to earth type girl who isnt all about being social and being seen out at clubs and parties. Why did you and your gf break up (if you dont mind) this could be some insight into what your going through now.
>>
>>39943358
>I just dont get that feeling that they want guys as much as guys want girls

hmm.. it's a strange time we live in anon
>>
>>39943605
>Why did you and your gf break up

A hard question.
She was still in school when we started dating.
But eventually, around a few months ago, she started doing a volunteered years in emergency services, basically driving the car mostly.
So she started working like 7 days a week at often shitty times.
There were also many people her age working there, many of the people she spend her entire shifts with.
And she is the type of person that is extremely outgoing with other people, especially other males.
It's hard to describe, but she will joke around a lot, banter each other and shit like that. I always see this as basically flirting. This is how i first learned to flirt in fucking elementary school.

But i could look past that. However, already this bothered me, somehow. She started adding those people to her phone too and made a daily chat with them. I can't understand this behavior and for me it's linked to no-good intentions, but to be honest, i can live with that.

However, the whole thing was also linked with us seeing each other no more than 1 day in 7, sometimes even 1 in 14.
She would start reserving the only work free days that she has for other friends, so that we had like 3 or 4 weeks in a row that we barely saw each other.

I was the one that had to say something about it, i sat down with her told her that i respect her wish for meeting her friends but that we will not be able to continue this relationship if there will not be a solution for seeing each other so little in the near future.
At that time i also asked her to please think about the question whether she actually want's to maintain a relationship or if she would probably be better off single right now.
After that discussion we manged seeing each other way more often. And things got a lot better.
However, eventually she chatted me up and sad that she is unhappy. Presumably i wouldn't be as much loving to her, or whatever.
(1/2)
>>
>>39943605
>>39943717
Along the lines she also mentioned that she finds it exhausting having to chat with me throughout a day of work.
I told her that i would appreciate us staying in contact by text throughout the day especially if we see each other so little.
I was fully happy with receiving one or two one-liners every two hours.

But yeah, the last sentence of hers made it quite obvious to me that she simply struggles with the required work and maybe also the cut-short freedom a relationship comes with.

She was actually a very shy girl, chubby and has made bad experience with her only relationship before (guy left her).
I think i treated her very well at every point in our relationship and i don't think she will find someone that is willing to do an as good job as me ever again.

I picked my stuff up from her place yesterday, she was crying bitterly and said that she isnt sure if it's the right decision.
She asked if she could text me if she knew better, asked me if there is a chance of us starting over at some point.

I answered with yes, but unless she somehow proves that she is interested in actually maintain a LTRS i don't think i should actually get back.
>>
>>39943605
>>39943717
>>39943762
And i think the ultimate trigger for the whole thing was just a few days ago.
We had plans for her to meet me at my place at around 6pm.
10 minutes before she texted me that she will be out "drifting" with a few of her colleagues before she get's to me.
So she ended up getting to my place at around 10pm instead.
I didn't bring it up right there, as i knew it would have ended in a discussion, an argument.
But i was cold to her that day, not necessarily because i wanted, but because i just couldn't put up my usual, loving way of treating her after that.
Just needed a night to process.
>>
>>39943762

When you're tempted to dump your feels on people, don't. Be a man!
>>
>>39943762

To be honest man. It sounds like its over. Doesnt really sound like you guys are a good fit to begin with which is FINE. This is a learning experience. Im willing to bet my last dollar that you have had a feeling that this relationship was ending probably 6 months ago. That flirting shit and adding people to her phone (dudes mostly) is a no go for me but im sure some will disagree. My advice is to simply keep it cool with her and remain nothing more than friends. It sounds like this is the best thing for both of you.
>>
>>39943820
I was questioning so much whether or not i could myself to be offended by her chatting up dudes that way.
I knew it bothered me, but i didn't know if it was morally right to expect my partner to not do it.

See, as long as their attention or affection doesnt drift away from me because of it i can actually also live with it.
>>
>>39943789
This is all almost exactly what happened with my last relationship, down to the medical professional part. I don't know your ex, but it sounds like she simply doesn't want a real relationship more than she wants to be single, and that means she's not someone you want to waste emotional energy on.

People find support in different places. Some prefer a partner, while others prefer social swinging, and this latter tends to make for shit gfs/bfs.

>>39943798
>I've never had a real friend
>>
>>39943422
>>39943490

Fuck.......

There is nothing wrong with my mom..... she is just a woman...........
>>
>>39943989
You are probably right, yes.
It's just weird because she actually was a super emotional being too, from what i felt.
She liked cuddling a lot, sex was always very intimate from her side, she was also very sexually inexperienced and it took us a long time to make her comfortable so certain things, etc. .

She is far away from being the average party girl, that's probably why i dated her in the first place.

But yeah, things ended up the way that they did and i do not think that i am responsible for it. I feel like things that i required her to do in the relationship were all perfectly doable and i feel like that i treated her very well throughout.
>>
reminder

duck out if the compromises make you miserable. duck out if you get miserable. duck out if it just makes you uncomfortable.

the goal is not to force a relationship to keep going. its to find a relationship worth keeping.

there is literally no benefit to frankensteining a relationship other than possibly sex, but you're better off withotu it if it isn't working.

emjoy the relationship for as long as you can. and if it goes south, leave, cuz all you're doing is preventing yourself from finding the good one that might last.

lasting isn't the point, it isn't the goal.

And yeah you have to take the risk of making a high stakes deal with a potentially very unstable person, plus people change. That's life, you can't play all of it safe.
>>
>>39944122
Breakups happen anon
>>
>>39942995
Rape is the only solution
>>
>>39942995
First time i saw this picture was in an article by Dave Wong about how and why we should all stop acting like cunts.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.