[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who do brosplits.... How do you do enough volume of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0743.jpg (375KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
375KB, 1080x720px
For those who do brosplits....

How do you do enough volume of leg day compared to other body parts?

I find that my lower back gives out before I can get enough volume done with squats. Since I lift at home I have no other way to get in more volume from another lift like a leg press, so how exactly do I bro split legs?

I'm starting to think I should maybe just bro-split my upper body and just do 5x5 squats at night whenever I feel like it.
>>
Deload your squat.
>>
Do a DUP style of training where you don't perform maximal sets on any given day i.e

Monday
Moderately challenging 5x5, clean reps no grinding

Wednesday
Lighter day with 3x8-10

Friday
Heavy day with 3-5x3 or even just working to a PR set of 3-5

Throw in some front squats after heavy day for a few sets of 3 and you're good. You could even do less than this. You can also do exercises like splits squats and lunges which require no equipment except a bench to get more leg work in. Gradually add weight to your work sets of squats and then deload when the days become too slow or grindy. Progrest doesn't have to be linear either. 4 steps forward, 3 steps back will take you very fucking far if you keep at it long enough.
>>
Ok look, you gotta understand that in the wide world of fitness, the internet with its silly ideas like 5x5 are not even a blip on the radar. People on little forums like this think they are experts, but somewhere right now there is a huge shredded guy who never even heard of Rippetoe but warms up his squats with 495.

Once you poke your head outside of the retard quarantine ghetto that is internet fitness, you will find that honestly most people who lift weights do so with huge volume. It's tough at first, but you just get used to it. Why wouldn't you? Why would your body be able to adapt to progressive overload, but magically not be able to adapt to higher volume?
>>
>>39938173

This.

Construction work proves it. At first I could barely move when I was done. Over the weeks the barely being able to move became a little bit of tiredness, the tiredness became normal and then normal became I need to start working out again after work.

Your body adapts to whatever you throw at it with the right rest and nutrition.
>>
>>39938173
If you're making solid progress within the expected norm on a medium-low volume why do more? Your goal should be stimulating optimal muscle growth as frequently as you can safely recover from and the amount of volume required to achieve this will change with time.

Volume doesnt have a 1:1 ratio with muscle growth, and of the limited studies that have been done dose:response falls off sharply past a reasonable amount of volume.

If you're overreaching early on in your lifting (Under 3 years) you're putting more stress on your tendons/muscles/joints than you can recover from and will be at a constant risk of injury. Youll either have to take time off to recover or suffer an injury and be forced to spend even longer off. You might then never become as jacked as you could have if you exercised patience and restraint. All of this for a very small % increase in progress that could be completely mitigated by your time taken to recover.

Your attitude is not new but it reeks of a newbie looking at what jacked guys are doing for themselves now and conflating it with what they would have been doing when they were at your level.

They dont have any secret under their belt, the reality is it just takes time. Or gear
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.