[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you put your life back on track when you've lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

How do you put your life back on track when you've lost the motivation to not only go to the gym but to do basic tasks like laundry, cooking meals, cleaning your room ?
Uni is starting again next week and I feel like a complete wreck not having the willpower to do what others just do naturally
>>
>>39937023
>Naturally

Chores aren't done naturally -> they are done out of discipline

Get some self respect OP
>>
File: 1475792564847.png (813KB, 900x662px) Image search: [Google]
1475792564847.png
813KB, 900x662px
No one does any of that naturally, you retard. People do it because it needs done, not because they want to. You think people like cleaning their toilet, doing their dishes, general chores?

You just need to deal with it and get your shit together. You're either lazy or depressed. If the former, see earlier shit togetherness. If the latter, go to your doctor. If you're american then I guess you're shit out of luck and should either embrace your depression or dive into that medical care debt.
>>
>>39937023
drugs
>>
File: 1473624232215.jpg (794KB, 2520x1805px) Image search: [Google]
1473624232215.jpg
794KB, 2520x1805px
>>39937023
>>39937038

This. Harden the fuck up OP. Get shit done even if you dont feel like it. Discipline training works just like resistance training. The more you do it, the better you get at it.
>>
File: 1315252520832.jpg (146KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1315252520832.jpg
146KB, 333x500px
>>39937068
Depends on what kind of depression it is. If its a physical, chemical imbalance then theres not a lot to be done except for medication. If its purely a mental thing, you'd likely be sent to cognitive behaviour therapy which is pretty much a load of shit and boils down to >>39937038 >>39937061
>>
>>39937042
>You're either lazy or depressed.
I think it might be a mix of both . Does going to the doctor actually help for depression? I don't want him to prescribe me any of these anti-depressant pills

My mom used to always shout at me to do chores but now that I live alone in my dorm I have to find the motivation myself
>>
>>39937093
I tried going to the doctor years ago when I was younger for anxiety issues. In the end, it was a waste of time and the only way I overcame it was just forcing myself into situations that made me anxious.

Same applies here to you. Just fucking do it. No one wants to do chores, but they do them anyway. As for the gym, if you don't want to go, don't go. Its not really necessary to go about your life the way chores are. Chores are pretty essential though unless you want to go about smelling like a dirty mudskin who eats nothing but curry and hasnt washed his clothes in weeks.
>>
>>39937023
just because it can doesn't mean it's supposed to, it's technically not a an extremophile
>>
>>39937093
You don't want medication if you're depressed?
Well can't be that bad then, can it? Or are you a believer of those rumors about getting addicted and them "changing who you are" and all that bullshit?
>>
>>39938602
I think that the FAA will ground my ass if I get put on meds for depression.
>>
>>39939612
they're relatively safe for flying.
a small minority experience a worsening of depressive symptoms.

another small (SMALL) minority end up getting psychotic, but thats very, very rare.

ask your doctor for some citalopram (or sertaline depending on your gender)

if you're worried about them grounding you for it, convince your doc to say its prescribed off label for insomnia.

>>39937023
im in same boat as you OP. uni starts in a week. zero motivation.
but i know that when monday comes around i'll do what i do and the world will keep spinning. my actions simply dont matter. and there is freedom in that.
>>
>>39939612
oh and if that dosent work, say you need some bupropion to help quit smoking.

its a potent anti-depressant, but at the moment most trials are in the realm of anti-smoking, being that there is much more money to be made there than there is in anti-depressants.
>>
You do it anyway.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.