[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 5k everyday a good start for someone who wants to be a runner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5782.jpg (92KB, 370x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5782.jpg
92KB, 370x484px
Is 5k everyday a good start for someone who wants to be a runner?
My workout right now consist of 90% cardio.
>>
>>39936048
Are you already running a lot?
3 miles is a good run but not crazy.
>>
>>39936236
Just worked my way too it. Started at 2 miles. That was two weeks ago.
>>
>>39936048
>a good start for someone who wants to be a runner

5k is fine but even more important to someone who wants to be a runner is to never read that piece of shit excuse for a magazine
>>
What distances do you want to run? It's probably fine to start

>>39936386

This is the best advice you are going to get in the thread
>>
>>39936048
run to stay in shape, 3 miles a day is great IMO. there were some studies released a couple years ago that showed running excessive amounts can actually be bad for you. I'd try to find it but im lazy as fuck if you catch my drift.
>>
>>39936456
I've seen studies that say lots of running can reduce telomere shortening.
>>
>>39936386
what's wrong with Runners World?
>>
>>39936456
The worse I can imagine it doing is making you need knee replacements by the time you're 50
>>
A couple years ago I started running to lose weight for the military. It was hard because I was a 5'11" 220 lb walking /fit/ meme diddlying lmao5pl8 but was prepared to lose my gains for my country. Started off with 3 and 4 mile runs which seemed like the hardest thing at the time. By boot camp I could run 5 miles. By the time I got out of boot camp 7 miles seemed easy.

Long story short after you run 3 miles for a while it's going to get easy and you won't be helping yourself very much. You'll naturally want to up the mileage every so often. 3 miles a day is a good start

You can kiss your gains goodbye though.
>>
>>39937396

A fair number of super-serious runners start to have issues with heart enlargement in middle age.
>>
>>39936048
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>>
>>39936456
Over 9 hours a week makes you 6x more like to get prostate cancer
>>
>>39936048
>Is 5k everyday a good start for someone who wants to be a runner?
Sure, but then every sort of running would be a good start.

If you're serious about it look up some training plans. Most plans contain different distances at different paces as your body needs to be trained for both speed/strength and endurance.

Also, if you're training for a 5k race, you need to run more than 5k every now and then, otherwise your body will only be accustomed to running 5k at maximum and you'll get tired towards the end every time.

Also, running at max effort every day is not realistic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.