[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >used to be in shape >had a decent job >life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>be me
>used to be in shape
>had a decent job
>life was great
>4 years later at 27
>gained 40 pounds
>current job is mediocre
>keep telling myself im gonna go back to uni to get into a better profession.
>keep telling myself im going to work out after work
>tomorrow never really comes
>always make some stupid excuse like im tired or too busy
>end up playing video games and eating terrible
>feel like a real piece of shit

How did i fall so far? Has any fellow anons gone through this pitfall that im experiencing?

I feel like a shadow of what i used to be. Anymore im depressed and i dont want to talk to anyone close to me about it because i dont want to come off like a pussy who cant get his shit together.
>>
could be worse...

>you could be my age and the same way. don't be me.
>>
>>39925736
What do you mean? Please elaborate
>>
>>39925677

Your quit your job.
or
Go part time.

Then don't go home after work. Go to the library or sit in starbucks till it's time to sleep.

You're probably playing some kind of online game with a ranked matchmaking. Quit. That. Shit. Seriously.
>>
>tfw last days of winter vacation
>ate a pound of salami and swiss cheese over the course of they day

what is wrong with me?
>>
>>39925817
I am playing alot of Halo multiplayer and just overall telling myself ill workout tonorrow.

Throughout the day i get cravings for salt and sugar.

I never used to eat that shit or crave it.
>>
>>39925677
I keep warning you all about vidya.

Vidya is death.

But so you listen? NooooO.

Sell your console and install Linux on all your PCs. While you're at it pick up sone programming languages, get certs, make decent money.
>>
>>39925893
Whats your story of improvement?
>>
>>39925677
There's no shame in falling anon. The shame comes from not getting back up. Make today the day you set it right.
>>
>>39925963
It never really got in the way of my goals, hell even during the period when I spent the most time playing I also managed to learn calculus, DEs and intro level (abstract) algebra and philosophy by the end of grade 12.

Just I really regret wasting the time you know? If I had invested that time into learning an instrument, learning how to train properly, learning just about any skill or reading a few classics then I would be happier today. Hell I would even settle for just having memories of a few extra friends/nights out.

If I was still playing video games at 1st year I know I would've failed, like over 50% of my friends dropped out of engineering first semester despite being relatively intelligent because of vidya.

Some cliffs

>Played WoW at 16 with friends
>This lead to long periods without sleep grinding and raiding
>Wondered why I'm not recovering from fitness training in 2 sports
>Grade 12 got diamond Starcraft player
>At this point while I was opening my third notebook to write down experimental build orders I was reading about how evolutionary algorithms (which was optimizing my builds) worked
>This was so much interesting to me than the actual game, I wished I understood it all, I wished I knew how to program my own inplementation
>I realized what a useless time sink it was
>Stopped a month before uni cold
>Made a schedule and stuck to it (can post more info on this if any recovering gamers need help)
>Did really well 1st semester in a ChemE programme with a 60% dropout
>Started lifting eventually
>In grad-school now doing very interesting research, large network of friends, good body, go out regularly, good social skills and well read, most people I meet already know my name, only use computers for writing, programming and internet
>My life is way more fun than anything escapism provides
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.