[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ I'm going to switch to a 3 day routine and start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
/fit/

I'm going to switch to a 3 day routine and start up boxing this year.

I'm nervous as fuck, what do I expect? I'm 22 190lbs
>>
>>39907669
?
>>
A lot of cardio
A lot of shouldersoreness
A few new friends
>>
boxing is THE best physical exercise I know for conditioning and getting in shape. the round system (2 minutes regular, 1 minute intense , 1 minute rest) for the hour and a half lesson will fuck you up.

lots of conditioning, lots of abwork, your shoulders will beg for mercy, and you will actually learn to fight. 10/10
>>
You're gonna discover that you didn't have any idea how to fight before
>>
>>39907829
Worth it then
>>
>>39907669
Prepare for heavy cardio.

Your first time sparring will suck. Hopefully they won't throw you in there with an advanced kid who is trying to KO you. But don't worry, after a few beatings, you'll start to get the hang of it. Even Roberto Duran (One of the greatest lightweights of all time) claimed he received an ass whooping the first time he sparred.
>>
>>39907986
Can you break your jaw or whatever in sparring or nose or is it pretty hard?

I'm shitting myself about sparring
>>
>>39908006
Amateur boxer here

You won't have to spar if you don't want to. If you get some dude at the gym saying, "hey bro you look pretty good! You wanna do some light sparring with me?" Say FUCK NO and ignore it, he wants to beat your green ass into the canvas.

No good trainer will put anyone into sparring without a solid base.

Go have fun, it's intimidating joining a new gym but nearly everyone is nice and respects one another in a gym.

Sparring is fun against someone in and around your skill level.
>>
>>39908006
Don't worry about your jaw, and your nose is gonna hurt at most because newbies don't do hard sparring.

Expect to get hit a lot in your head. That doesn't mean expect to bleed, or have a hurting skull, it means expect to have your brain shake ever so slightly every time you get hit in the head.

Your trainers should shout at you to tuck your chin in whenever you don't, and to keep your guard up.
>>
>>39908075
Oh man, I went to some strange-ass boxing gym where all we did was spar, hit the punching bags, and do some free-weight exercises. Did it for 2 months.

I'd spar for like 40 minutes, and some people didn't know how to hold back.
>>
>>39908095
That sounds unusual. What country?
>>
Youll be fine! You wont get hit too hard .Body shots hurt, head shots stun unless you get your nose broken.

Dont worry though most real gyms dont even let you spar until you let the basics down. But even if you did spar, by then you're too exhausted to even keep your hands up. And if you're not then by the end of the first round you definitely will.

My coach did a simple drill with me: he stretched out his arm and spun in circles as I stood in front of him and had to shuffle sideways so the arm wouldn't get to me. If he touched me, he'd throw a punch with all his might with the opposite hand and I'd have to duck. So either I'd be shuffling, or I'd be ducking ( he was a heavyweight, there was no blocking that), without rest for an entire round. Just shuffling sideways. By the end I collapsed on the floor I was dead.

God I love boxing. I miss it.
>>
>>39908158
why don't you start again?

Thanks though, got my first session saturday
>>
>>39908095
Boxing gym without techincal drills? That's a streetfighting gym at best. Bagwork is for cardio and distance, not for technique. Sparring is practice for all elements: technique, cardio, energy management, mental game.

Without drills, drills, drills, padwork, bagwork, shadowboxing, more drills, more drills, and even more drills, then it's not boxing
>>
>>39908006

you wont break your jaw though you might dislocate it if you're fighting with your mouth open and get hit by a hook on the chin or something like that. bite that fucking gumshield!

You will be wearing headgear so your nose wont be the highest point in your face, also gloves are big and spread the impact so it's kind of really hard to get your nose broken.

nah man look it sucks to get hit but you get used to the stuns from headshots, you just dont get used to an upper to the liver that will make you want to shit yourself right then and there
>>
Is doing a routine 3x a week and boxing twice a week a stupid idea? The routine would be similar to strong lifts - lots of low volume, heavy compound exercises.

Currently I don't do boxing because I fear I'll overwork myself and my body won't be able to take it. Thought I'd work on myself for a bit then focus on boxing.

I guess it depends on your goals right? For me, it's about being healthy and staying strong more than anything. I'm past the age where I'll be fit for chicks, and I have a girlfriend I plan to marry anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. Would be nice to know what it's like to get mired though.
>>
>>39907669
Try not to have a baby face because you will automatically piss off boxers and they will punch your face real hard.

Usually not the less violent types are there, so learn quick and stay out of the way of the mad dogs.

The most important equipment is the mouth-guard so get one before you even go to the place.

After a while you will realize you wasted your time not doing the master-race martial arts, but you learnt some good basics with legwork and punching.
>>
>>39908725
bjj purple brazilian here, trained in muay thai, krav maga, boxing is still my favorite
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.