[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pre-workout worth it? I know a lot of fitness supplements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pGNC1-20170895dt.jpg (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-20170895dt.jpg
112KB, 500x500px
Is pre-workout worth it? I know a lot of fitness supplements are snake oil.
>>
>>39903490
If you have been fine without it then there's no need. I use it because when I don't I get worn out too easily, and the creatine helps with recovery time.
>>
>>39903490
I don't really want to try any.
They're all full of caffeine which I say avoid if you can. No one wants to be an adict when they're 40. But if you NEED it, give it a try and see if you like it. Just be careful.
>>
>>39903543
yeah that's my concern. I already drink coffee once in the morning and I've come over a caffeine addiction before. Not fun when you have a migraine because you didn't get your fix today.
>>
>>39903558
honestly, its just an energy drink. If you need more energy, try getting some carbs before the work out and avoid the caffeine
>>
I've been curious about trying pre. Any recommendations? I already have a caffeine tolerance from excessive coffee drinking.
>>
>>39903490
only useful one is creatine because your body uses that to perform physiological functions like it does glucose.

all else is shit and pointless, might as well throw money at bags of sugar substitute.
>>
>>39903490
Sometimes pic related is on a sale at Costco. I like the Blue Razz one best. Makes me feel tingly
>>
>>39903490
>C4

enjoy cancer.
>>
>>39903878
the benefits of creatine aren't realized immediately after consuming it. you must wait for your cells to collect enough of it before seeing any effects. this might take a week or a month depending on whether or not you load before taking the "maintenance" supplement of 5g/day
>>
Caffeine is optimal preworkout in terms of both effectiveness and price. I say this having gone through about 180 servings of c4
>>
>>39903490
no it's garbage and actually damages your heart
>>
It's not snake oil but not sure if worth either. I've been taking it this month because I was stalling and I broke all of my PRs. But now I won't be able to progress without it and the caffeine jew has got me hooked.
>>
>>39903490
a lot of them do work well. but its easy to become reliant on them. the best way to use it is to only use it on days that you are so tired you literally would not have gone to the gym otherwise. for me that worked out to about once every two weeks id use it
>>
>>39904111
i think loading is a load of shit. but youre right about the absorption time, i just take it in my post-workout shakes that have maltodextrin so the insulin spike delivers the creatine to the cells
>>
>>39903490
I bought some but I only ever use it when I'm tired as hell after work and need a boost to hit the gym. I've read though that you're probably better off just to have a black cup of coffee, since the main stimulant in preworkout is just caffiene anyways. If you like the tingling sensation, you can just take beta-alanine pills.
>>
I take 5150 everyday, not even kidding
>>
>>39904583
creatine is an amino acid. insulin stimulates glucose uptake and only glucose uptake
>>
>>39903490
I used to use it for workouts after work, not so much for the energy, but once I'd taken it is feel like I had to go to the gym or be wasting money, stopped me being a lazy cunt and skipping.
>>
Honestly I'm pretty good without pwo and I'm a little apprehensive about trying it, but everyone who uses it says it's fucking amazing.

Of course that's the exact same situation as butt stuff and one I tried that I never went back.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.