[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you guys say "eat more", how much more are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1467064484272.jpg (8KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1467064484272.jpg
8KB, 240x193px
When you guys say "eat more", how much more are you exactly saying?
>>
File: sugar.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sugar.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>39901806

Tell me what u want to say i cant take the choice today so tell me a fairytale
>>
Literally don't listen to "eat more".

It just gets people fat 99% of the time.
I literally went up to like 30% bodyfat when I fell for the "eat more bro XD" meme.

I literally watch my diet like a fucking hawk in order to stay looking good, EVEN with lifting weights and doing cardio.

How you look = 100% diet. The gains you get from lifting are easily masked by body-fat if you have too much.
>>
>>39901857
Still, I would assume a 3000 calories/day person would gain more mass than a 2000 calories/day person.
>>
>>39901988
If you have a desk job and all you do is lift and have a maintenance of say 2400 calories, and you eat 3000 calories a day. You're going to gain fat, very fast.
>>
>>39902040
> 2400
No m8 he should atleast be having 3000
>>
>>39901806
It depends entirely on how long you've been lifting, and what stage you're at in your lifting career.

For someone like me who has been lifting for 5 years, I cannot bulk anymore without gaining body-fat extremely fast - because my body-weight as a point where it does not want to add much more muscle, so it all goes to fat instead.

In my first year, I could bulk like crazy, and I didn't even get fat, just gained pure lean size. In my first year I just lifted and consumed anything I wanted, and literally gained 25 pounds body-weight, while maintaining the same body-fat %. Now if I try that, my body-fat just instantly skyrockets, with very little muscle gain.

Now I'm at a point where I basically eat around maintenance or only slightly above (like 50-100 calories at the most) and just focus on progress in the gym instead of the scale.
>>
>>39901806
Counting calories is often hard work and unsustainable. While I'm no pro my tactic is basically eat a well rounded diet (veges, meat, good carbs) getting everything your body needs.
Then:

Bulking:Make sure I'm always properly full, not bloated just full.
Cutting:Make sure I'm always just a little hungry. Not starving, just hungry.

Keep an eye on your bulking especially, its easy to get carried away and the more you bulk the harder the cut is going to be.
Just keep a close eye on what your body is doing, half the "body builders" on here get fat as fuck and complain about being gyno.
>>
>>39902175
Unsustainable my ass. Set you plate on a scale and zero it out for each food you shovel on there. Fucking done.
>>
>>39902175
Counting calories isn't hard work, and it is sustainable.

So long as you don't have friends, never eat out, don't eat with anybody else (like a GF/Wife) etc. Then it's easy as fuck.

Counting calories is only not sustainable if you're a normal person, but honestly how many of us on 4chan are normal?

I always eat by myself, never eat out, always make my own food etc. I have no excuses to not be tracking everything I eat, because I have zero "social responsibility" when it comes to eating.
>>
>>39902175
>Counting calories is often hard work
If you mostly make your own food and eat at home, it's not that hard in my opinion. I can see it being tricky if you always eat out though.

All you need is a scale and myfitnesspal. With routine it takes max 3 minutes each meal to scan and map every product. Then you know exactly how many calories, protein, fibers, sugars, etc you get.

Maybe not everyone needs it, but it's useful for me. I never get hungry, and I constantly underestimate how much I actually eat if I don't measure it.
>>
>>39902040
>If you have a desk job and all you do is lift and have a maintenance of say 2400 calories

What are you a manlet? My maintenance is 2800
>>
>>39902251
>>39902268
I have a rough idea of the calories I consume, but my partner and I take turns cooking and I'm actually going out to a restaurant tonight. But I just don't see the point when I can achieve the same results based on what I just mentioned.
If your hungry your probably at a deficit right? If your full, you have more than you need for that day.
Just don't see the point in complicating it.
>>
File: caloriesarehard.png (43KB, 828x404px) Image search: [Google]
caloriesarehard.png
43KB, 828x404px
>>39902268
>go out to eat
>"Okay I had x tonight. The serving was about 1.5 cups."

or google whatever garbage you ordered
>example: "applebees nutrition Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken"
>top 6 results
Why is this hard
>>
>>39902453
Guess I'm just lazy, I don't give a fuck.
I try to make lifestyle changes, not phases.
9/10 people that count calories probably won't in a few years.
>>
>>39901806
how the hell do I figure out how to make a deficit

noob to dieting
>>
>>39902778
https://symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee
>>
>>39902490

>this is what LMAOnoGains people actually think

holy shit you are pathetic.
>>
>>39902490
If you're cutting then you kinda need to. Once you get to a certain point it's easier to know how much you need.
>>
>>39902490
My big lifestyle change was swapping from chicken breasts to thighs. I figure if I'm gonna do it forever, may as well enjoy it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.