[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to bulk up for college football. How do I do it? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: help.jpg (35KB, 309x425px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
35KB, 309x425px
I need to bulk up for college football. How do I do it? I'm 5'7 and 160 lbs.
>>
File: horsejockeypic.jpg (318KB, 626x416px) Image search: [Google]
horsejockeypic.jpg
318KB, 626x416px
>>39901012
you'd be better suited for a sport like pic related
>>
>>39901247

I wanna try out for linebacker.
>>
File: rusevandlanahavingfun.jpg (106KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
rusevandlanahavingfun.jpg
106KB, 612x612px
>>39901247
my sides.
>>
>>39901012

So, what position could i play?
>>
>>39901012
5'7 for college ball? I guess you should just try to be a better kicker then.
>>
>>39901327
Water boy.
>>
>>39901341
>>39901353
>>39901247
These are all correct.

If your college isn't a small-school, middle of nowhere college who will let anyone who asks play, then you're probably not going to get on the team. But chase your dreams anon
>>
>>39901375

What if I try very hard, and work my ass off?
>>
>>39901384
You mean just like the people who started several years before you?
>>
>>39901384
The problem with sports like football is that it doesn't matter if you work your ass off, because someone else is working their ass off too but is also 6'2, making them a better fit.

Never say never though, there are NBA players that are shorter than you in a sport where height is everything and people average around 6'8

I don't wanna tell you to not try because you should, but just don't get your hopes up
>>
>>39901419
This too. The people who play college ball are the people who have played at least through high school, normally since they were kids. Its not just about being big and strong but theres a lot of skill that you cant acquire in the weightroom that other players will almost definitely have over you
>>
>>39901012
You are at a disadvantage, OP, but that's what life is about. Play to your strengths. I am 5'8", by no means above average is the looks department, and got my college degree online. Event still, I am married to an attractive woman, highly respected in my field, and make over $100K a year. If I listened to this board I would've given up before I started.

As for your original question, use an app like MyPlate and start counting calories. Make sure to eat at least 500 calories more than you burn each day and you can average 1 - 2lbs a week in weight gain. Also, eat at least your weight in grams of protein a day. I have gained 12 lbs in the last three months doing this.
>>
>>39901293
>I wanna try out for linebacker.
Not gonna happen. You need to grow another 8" in addition to gaining 85 pounds.
>>
>>39901384
You're better off training to be a powerlifter or olympic weightlifter, if you really want to be an athlete.

Baseball and maaaaybe Hockey are the only other sports you really have a shot at, and those takes years of practicing special skills.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.