[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So for years I have struggled with my squat and yesterday I came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: AnkleFlexibilityTest.jpg (107KB, 480x584px) Image search: [Google]
AnkleFlexibilityTest.jpg
107KB, 480x584px
So for years I have struggled with my squat and yesterday I came to the conclusion that my ankle and hip mobility is absolute shit. I cannot squat low enough even with a low bar positioning without hurting my hips, leaning foreword, and succumbing to terrible butt-wink. I cant even get my knee anywhere close to the wall like in pic related. I will be doing daily stretches to fix this hopefully, but in the meantime what should I do? Should I just keep squatting (going as low as I can without fucking my shit up), or is there no point until I can actually get deep enough? Anyone else have this issue? What did you do?
>>
>>39900725
How about front squats, those are safer for your lower back and allow to get deeper, granted with less weight but they are a damn good lift.
>>
>>39900725
Front squats require more flexibility than back squats.

OP, work on flexibility and squat in weightlifting shoes.
>>
>squatting at all
>>
>>39900782
wut, don't you need more mobility to front squat?

OP, stretch after every workout and do mobility before workout, check out phraktured for some stretches and the book "becoming a supple leopard"
>>
>>39901011
Nope, I thought so too but when I started doing them I realized that it was way easier. Also, the placement of the weight helps a lot with the balance because it avoids forward tilting of the center of gravity thus protecting the lumbar spine.
>>
>>39900725

If you're buttwinking in a lowbar squat you're definitely going for too much depth for the stance.

Your strongest position in a lowbar squat is just past parallel. You can feel it. You quickly fall apart by going beyond that point.

Furthermore, if you're lowbar squatting you, probably have enough rom in your ankles -- your knees don't go very far forward.

What you probably have is no fucking coordination in properly hinging your hips / bracing core / tightening back. That's how it goes.

Progress your front squat (put plates under heels until your ankles become more flexible), and low bar back squat or box squat as an accessory. You'll quickly learn how squatting actually works.

Read this, fucking idiot pussy.
https://squatuniversity.com/2016/04/07/how-to-perfect-the-front-squat/
>>
File: IMG_0679.jpg (139KB, 480x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0679.jpg
139KB, 480x547px
>>39900782
>How about front squats, those are safer for your lower back and allow to get deeper
wew
>>
>>39901024
OP don't listen to this guy he's retarded
>>
>>39901104
Nah OP don't listen to this other guy, he's autistic.
>>
Do paused squats with the intention of going lower each time. You need to develop strength at the end of your ROM if you're gonna get the type of flexibility gains you want. Mobilize daily, try to do motions like the ones you want to perform so squat every time it's convenient to squat and get off your ass more.

I'd recommend reading relax into stretch (it's free if you google it) and practicing the methods listed there, but then also learning to be strong in the newly gained ROM.

JujiMufu (the dude who did the side splits with the overhead squat) has a book that's really good and I recommend it greatly as it's lots of direct practical advise.
>>
>>39900725
Sorry. You just don't have the Slavic genetics to squat.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.