[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are our fellow great apes so fucking fit yet naturally humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: aGRXV1K_700b.jpg (85KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
aGRXV1K_700b.jpg
85KB, 500x672px
Why are our fellow great apes so fucking fit yet naturally humans are meh unless we really take the time to work out?
>>
They have to survive in a jungle,
they face the threat of violent death daily.
Literally survival of the fittest.
We have netflix and mcdonalds.
>>
They live completely different lives. I can't remember the last time I had to snap a fresh branch in two with my own hands just to use to catch ants to eat. Or the last time I fought another male just to fuck a female. Or had to climb using my upper body only to get to safety to sleep for the night
>>
File: smug.png (221KB, 391x336px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
221KB, 391x336px
>>39897427
it's called evolution, Darwin
>>
>>39897427
They don't have fine object manipulation.
They have a shit ton more tendon strength.
They have an "alpha male" system that results in sexual dymorphism and an evolutionary arms race among males to be more naturally brolic.
>>
Myostatin.
>>
>>39897427
It's relatively easy for humans to get into good shape.

The problem is that we do so many "unnatural" things...like sitting at a desk for 8 hours or watching tv or texting or writing..

If you did none of that and lived "like an animal" you would be in pretty good shape.
>>
>>39897427
Chimps are adapted to swinging around and climbing trees, humans are adapted to running around and making small, precise movements to effectively use tools. Mass isn't necessary for humans to thrive whereas chimps need to be dench just for day to day tree swinging
>>
>>39897470
>brolic
As in "like Broly"?
>>
>>39897427
because a chimp needs strength to move around and fuck up threats

humans are developed in way to make a spear chug it at some big ass animal to wound it then casually jog after the animal until it dies of starvation
>>
>>39897427
>Or the last time I fucked another male just to fight a female.
>>
>>39898367
kek I thought this too
>>
>why does a creature which does pullups 10 hours a day have big arms

Gee I wonder
>>
>>39897427

Literally millions of years of evolution to suit different envrionments.

Also the fact that for at least a few thousand years strength has not been essential to reproduce for humans and at this point is completely irrelevant. So all the garbage strength genes are getting through just fine.

Humans are getting weaker, it's been oberved that our generation is weaker than the last.
>>
>>39899874
10 hrs a day for pull ups would not give you big arms
>>
>>39900130
what about piano man he works his arms for 8 hours and has massive bicep and tricep
>>
>>39897489
this imagine how /fit/ our ancestors were, no modern medicine, no technology, everything had to be done by sweat they were truly physically superior
>>
Manlet gains.
>>
>>39901074
Yeah no shit we are devolving
Back then a poor farmer who lived on bread and water was bigger, stronger and probably more intelligent than most people in this board
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.