[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say you should up your "calories" when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1111111.jpg (10KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
1111111.jpg
10KB, 303x166px
Why do people say you should up your "calories" when you want to bulk? It's misleading because it could be interpreted as "do what you're doing but eat 500 extra calories of potato chips each day" or whatever. Shouldn't muscle growth be attributed to protein specifically instead of just "eating at a surplus"?
>>
>>39897367
Yes
>>
calories in general will help you grow.
>>
>>39897367
No
>>
>>39897367
>It's misleading because it could be interpreted as "do what you're doing but eat 500 extra calories of potato chips each day" or whatever.

You have to be a specialle kind of stupid to think this desu senpai
>>
>>39897367
Maybe
>>
>>39897367
no need to up your protein on a bulk honestly. Just carbs.
>>
>>39897367
You see, you need to give your body more calories then it needs to live and function perfectly throughout the day.
Why? Because the body really doesn't want to build extra mass of any kind when there is less food then it needs. It wants to get rid of anything that it doesn't use.
Like the muscle that you are building and can only maintain by working out.

So you up the amount of calories you need to give your body more then it needs so that it can build extra bodymass.

The body needs only moderate amounts of protein to make muscle. That actually makes up a relatively small amount of the calories you eat.

Everything else, except for certain chemicals and alcohol, can be turned into exactly what the body needs to function. So once the basic protein needs are met you can have a diet of almost anything and build muscle.
>>
>>39897367
Carbs and fats don't turn into muscle but eating at a surplus ensures that your body won't use the protein you consume for gluconeogenesis evangelion.
>>
>>39897406
>>39897462
>>39897472

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM tell me more. I have been wrong my entire life! I figured surplus calories with no additional protein meant that you wouldn't actually bulk.
>>
>>39897508
Read the sticky.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.