[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biceps are stalled. For the last three months, I have tried everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Ahhnold barbell curl.jpg (31KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
Ahhnold barbell curl.jpg
31KB, 460x346px
Biceps are stalled. For the last three months, I have tried everything to get them to grow, but they stalled out after only a year of lifting. I tried raising frequency and lowering volume. I tried raising volume and lowering frequency. I tried deloading and reloading. I tried more weight/less reps. I tried more reps/less weight. At some point or another I have done hammer curls, reverse curls, barbell curls, whatever side curls Bradley Martyn suggested in a video, and chinups (and removed chinups since). I have been lifting over a year now, back improving, legs, chest, shoulders, triceps, traps, fucking everything is like "let's fucking grow bro" and my biceps are like "nah it's cool".

Someone please help me.
>>
>>39894105
Post pic or at least height and weight. Maybe you need to let the rest of you catch up first. I was in the same boat and started concentrating on back and shoulders for a few months and my biceps started growing again. I think my lagging shoulders were keeping me from really hitting them there ceps
>>
barbell curls 10 x F
dumbbell curls 10 x F
machine curls 10 x F
kettlebell curls 10 x F
bodyweight curls 10 x F

try this routine and see if it works
>>
>>39894120
5'8 155lbs. Started last year at 125lbs skeletor mode. Was seriously one of the smallest people I knew at the time. Didn't do SS and followed a 3 day and now 4 day split.
>>
>>39894157
see>>39894124
>>
>>39894105

>natty
>expecting good arms
>>
>>39894124
10 sets to failure each?
>>
>>39894124
Personally I don't work biceps to failure but maybe every other week and only on my last workout of the day. Biceps are a leave one in the tank muscle for me because I (opinion) beleive it helps them get more size that way. I usually SS bicep with triceps and then do some sort of drop set, normally a bent over Arnold style curl with HEAVY weight strict form and leave on in the tank and pick up a dumbell half that weight and go to failure then. No rest between the two weights. I get a massive pump from this. BUT in my situation having underdeveloped (compared to the bicep) shoulders made me feel it up in my front delt more than my bicep. Concentrating on my shoulders made that go away and I look better.
>>
>>39894180
yes

>>39894181
not gonna make it
>>
>>39894105
Try cable curls while lying on your back and spider curls
>>
>>39894195
Already made it phaggot keep repping that babby weight to failure you dyel
>>
File: 317[1].png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
317[1].png
80KB, 500x501px
>>39894206
>after a year of lifting
>already made it
>>
Just eat lots and curl heavy. Went from curling 25s to curling 50s in a little over a year. The more you eat, the stronger you get. Only downside is being a fatty.
>>
>>39894105
>I tried raising frequency and lowering volume. I tried raising volume and lowering frequency.
Then raise frequency and raise volume. You have to do more work, not just spread it out in different ways over the week.
>>
>>39894223
I'm not OP you fucknut.
>>
>>39894323
but the muscles need to be confused!
they shouldnt know whats coming at em!

you think i'm going to do progressive overload, more weight same reps, like a sane person would?
NOPE, i'mma raise the weight and DROP the volume. The fibres will never expect it. hehe
>>
>>39894422
If I always go to failure, how am I going to do more weight same reps? Dumbass.
>>
>>39895376
>Taking the bait
>>
weighted pullups
there is no way you can pull bw + 40kg while for reps while having small biceps
>>
>>39894105
I've put on about an inch and a half this year on my arms try this routine. All weight is revaltive but if you don't have a massive pump at the end then you didnt do enough.

4x15 big bar curls
Super set with 25 pnd pl8 tricep extension over head
4x12 Preacher Curls +5pnds each time
4x10 Hammer curls +5pnds each time
Super set Tricep extensions with light dumbbell
4x12 Skull crushers
Superset 4x8 seated 1 arm curls light weight
4x12 cable curls super set with tricep extensions do this at least 2 time with different attachments or just the cable
4x20 Seated machine curls
Super set 4x15 machine tricep extensions
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.