[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else getting bruising on their upper back from high bar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG0076.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0076.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
Anyone else getting bruising on their upper back from high bar squats? Its a mixture of deep bruising and my skin being filed away (feels like someone hit it with sand paper). You can see the imprint of the knurling in pic 1/2.

>I have been on a steady bulk so i should only be getting juicier
>Occurs at anything above 1 plate, my working weight is 2 plate.
>Never used to get it until recently and haven't made any form changes

I'm only 2 squat sessions in since taking a break over the holidays and I don't think I can even squat again on friday.

I squat with a narrow grip and have generally average mobility.

Stats: 6'2
>>
File: IMAG0074.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0074.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
2/2
>>
Try low bar
>>
>>39892854
Wrap your towel around the bar. Or you could go grab the yoga mat
>>
Use a bar with no knurling in the middle? You're probably going to get it anyway, but it'll be less severe
>>
>>39892854
im actually impressed, haven't seen something like this in a long time. maybe your skin will develop a callous, or maybe consider adding a shirt or a towel around your neck, between you and the bar?

looks painful, best of luck.
>>
>>39892854
You're fine it happens to my everytime I squat heavy
>>
>>39892859
fuck you, got back to your underground fat sub board, you fat trap lover.

>>39892854
OP, keep doing high bar master race. With time your little dyel body will get bigger from heavy squats and deadlifts and you will adapt. What are some bruisers for the gym rat than rewards for our struggles? Keeping eating and lifting, transform that boy pussy into a mutant sick cunt.
>>
>>39892854
try a pad. also make sure to buy some gloves so you can keep your skin nice and soft for the boys down at the leather club
>>
>>39892885
Every bar in my gym has a knurling in the middle.

>>39892941
I squat 3 days a week and it doesnt have nearly enough time to heal so it just compounds on itself.
>>
One time I used a brand new deadlift bar for squats. I did somewhere around 350 for a set of five and it scraped my back badly enough that it was bleeding.
Other than that never had a problem
>>
>>39893339
You will adapt
>>
Consider it a right of passage, OP
>>
>>39892854
I'd start doing shrugs a lot more to get bug juicy traps to rest the bar on. You'll actually notice a difference pretty quick, but until then I'd grab a hand towel and try too minimize the bar friction on you.
>>
>>39892859
try to kill yourself
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.