[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time posting, so sorry for being a giant faggot. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1479658837468.png (444KB, 1139x358px) Image search: [Google]
1479658837468.png
444KB, 1139x358px
First time posting, so sorry for being a giant faggot. I've read the sticky which has helped tremendously, but would like further advice from those willing to give it.

I desperately need to get into shape and stop being a fat faggot. I'm 6'2" and, last time I weighed myself, I was 260lbs. I've most certainly exceeded this. I have a large, wide-shouldered, and fairly athletic looking build. It isn't apparent that I weight this much to most folks, but my body fat percentage is high.

I'm ordering a pull up bar tonight as well as a scale, and I'm starting this shit right fucking now. I can't wait any longer. I've been trying to get on it for the past few weeks especially, but now is the time.

My problem is that I can't control what I eat. I work about 50 to 55 hours a week, and I'm about an hours drive from home. I usually do 10 or 12 hour shifts, so I'll be eating more than once out. How the fuck do I even eat correctly? I haven't tried meal prep yet, but I don't have time other than Sunday to make food in that amount, and I know it will go bad after three days or so. I also would have to make more than 1 meal per day. That seems like a tremendous amount of food to make in one day. I am constantly out for fast food because it's quick, sometimes cheap, and I can get back to work.

Moreso onto the main point; what did YOU do to keep your shit in check during every waking second of the day? I just don't know what to do.

>tldr; how do I plan every single meal of the day while working 55 hours a week
>>
Oatmeal in the morning
Prepped chicken and rice for lunch
And whatever you want for dinner
>>
>>39891705
thank you for reading through my monstrosity of a post.

its the "whatever for dinner" that gets me, man. i'll end up fucking it up with BoJangles or something fucking dumb. Is there a place that you got your recipes that aren't shit?
>>
>>39891676
Ey yo, OP, I work about 60 hours a week, sometimes more, you can ALWAYS find time to cook my man.

Don't have a lot of time to cook? Neither do I. Eat something that's easy to prepare in the morning, such at oatmeal and some fruit on the side, such as a banana, mango (Do not eat alongside the banana, both bananas and mangos are a bit calorie dense), 2 roma tomatos (Cheap as fuck, filling as fuck, can be eaten alongside the banana or a mango, add salt sparingly don't overload it) and other fruits are available just look for ones that are nutrient dense.

Another idea for breakfast would be a glass of milk, a banana, and 3 Jumbo eggs scrambled with some chopped red bell peppers, a little bit of onion/shallot.
And if you want some meat with it you can have a can of low sodium fish, such as tuna, sardines, etc. on the side
They do sell low sodium or no sodium added varieties at certain stores, so look around mate. Easy fucking shit. And be sure to prepare the stuff you'll scramble the eggs with first, as egg cooks insanely fast and burnt egg is disgusting.

For lunch, you can take fruit and some sauteed vegetables, and chicken (Will be getting to that shortly), be sure to use something such as olive oil to cook with, drop fucking butter and margarine like the plague.
You can prepare some vegetables beforehand at night or cook them at night, and all in all it would take a maximum of 10-15 minutes depending on how slow you are, that includes cleaning.
Frozen veggies are my main choice, they're cheap and filling, and just about as nutrient dense as fresh vegetables and since they're in the freezer you can stock up on multiple bags.
>>
>>39891676
>>39891976

This would add some time to your cooking and cleaning, but not by much, a maximum of 30 minutes, allowing you to cook and clean before work.
Buy frozen chicken, a 2.5lb bag is approximately $7-$10 in most places of the United States if you live here, possibly cheaper or more expensive elsewhere.
It's frozen, so it'll last a while, so you can stock up on a few bags, say 3, maybe 4, before having to shop again.

For lunch and dinner, you can have, as an example, a banana (Or a mango if you have a decently long break), a couple roma tomatoes, and a large ass stir-fry using a wok of course to cook the stir-fry in.
Frozen veggies, some prepped veggies from the night prior that would be ready to throw in like onions and bell pepper to add more nutrients, half a bag of frozen broccoli florets, entire bag of stir-fry vegetable mix (pick your favorite), and a chicken breast or two that have thawed out in the fridge over night would make an excellent, nutrient dense meal.
And that stir-fry, cleaning included, and getting all the shit ready and put into a large-ish lunch box, would take approximately 45 mins, upwards to an hour if your ass is slow.
Prepping at night would take a simple 10 minutes, including cleaning and getting a tupperware dish, depending on the amount prepped.

All of that, including the message prior, and the stir-fry and extra veggies/fruits taken for lunch and dinner, and including the breakfast example, would put you around 2500 cals as a maximum if using olive oil by the actual serving size and keeping track of it like a nazi.

You can do this OP. I fucking spent like 30 mins typing this shit up for you, so I really hope you capitalize on what you can do and maximize your potential m8. I wish you best, we're all gonna make it.
>>
File: 1349669412902.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1349669412902.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>39891976
>>39892018
screencapped thank you lad thats awesome
>>
>>39891676
I'll give ya my cutting routine + some sticky info.
1) Calculate your tdee and macros, and count every calorie. I keep a spreadsheet on my phone and track every day. Don't need a special app, spreadsheet helps you learn calories and macros in your favorite foods. This is the most important part, 90% of weight loss is what you eat and how much.
2) cook and freeze dinners. chicken, broccoli, and rice. I cook once every 3 weeks or so and get 20 meals prepped. Just come home, heat up on the stove, salt and pepper.
3) Same for work. I prep salads, hard boiled eggs, and cottage cheese for lunch.
4) Drink only water, coffee, or tea, but no sugar or cream or syrups and shit. No diet soda, shit is bad for you.
5) Intermittent fasting. Once you have gotten comfy with eating the right number of cals every day and can stick to that, try having two meals within 8 hours of each other and nothing but fluids outside those 8 hours. This has helped me immensely. I just don't eat breakfast, and have black coffee and water which does just fine to surpress hunger. I eat two 1000 cal meals, and that's it.

Like you I don't have a lot of free time, our schedules are about the same actually, but I make the time for this, and I also get in some light cardio 3 times a week. Just keep in mind that if you are going to do anything past light cardio, you'll want to account for it when you do your tdee calc. Also make sure you are not being too aggressive with your calorie deficiet, otherwise you will have a hard time sticking with it. Good luck senpai!
>>
>>39891676
Ran into the same problem for meal prep. You make it for the whole week and throw thursday and fridays meals in the freezer. Put them in the fridge the day before. So on wed when you wake up, grab thursdays meal and toss it in the fridge so it will be good to heat up and eat the next day. Simple as that. I don't freez veggies cause they taste like shit to me after being frozen. But it's easy as fuck to toss some broccoli on a pan and bake it for those last 2 days.

>>39891751
buy some sweet chili sauce and drizzle it over the chicken and white rice together. Tastes like chinese food but healthy. Use chicken thighs, not breasts. Once I swapped over I never looked back. They taste 10 times better for only a little less protein. If you're gonna do this shit forever you might as well enjoy it.

Other anon is correct, easy shit like stir fry is pretty good too.
>>
>>39891676
I work 12 hour shifts and it's a 30 minute drive.

Heres what I do

Wake up at 5am
Leave for work at 5.15am
Work 6am - 6pm
Go straight from work to boxing
Boxing 7pm - 8.30pm
Go home and cook chicken in the oven
Once cooked let it cool down while I go to sleep.

Usually everyday I eat chicken or beef, advocado or cheese and spinach. I live a keto lifestyle though in which i don't eat carbs.

Other easy sources of food are Tinned tuna, eggs if you have access to a microwave, bacon if you have access to a microwave.

I buy frozen chicken in 1kg bags from tesco and then I let it defrost, I always have one bag defrosting and one bag defrosted ready to cook.

You can do it if you apply yourself.
>>
You can put some of the food in the freezer and theyre good. Also cooking simple shit like chicken and rice in large quantities dont take even that much time. If you have to eat out, atleast dont take the fucking fries.
>>
>>39891676
Just keep it simple. This used to get me too, but I keep my breakfast simple (eggs and turkey bacon with some milk if I've got time), lunch (chicken breast with green beans) and supper's usually whatever I've got like porkchops and a vegetable or salad.

I pre-cook my eggs and boil them every other day (or scramble them if I'm feeling saucy). I think the biggest thing is finding time for breakfast. Usually it'll be the killer of your hunger game though cause you skip breakfast you'll want to eat a bigger lunch or at least in my experience anyways.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.