[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for genuine advice right now. I'm looking to bulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170103_213951.jpg (484KB, 2165x2118px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_213951.jpg
484KB, 2165x2118px
Looking for genuine advice right now. I'm looking to bulk up from 175 lbs right now to about 190 by the beginning of the summer. Will be playing college football (Don't worry mods, 19 here) next year and I'll be working out with the team starting in May. I don't want to look like a little bitch going in there, and I need mass on me regardless. The thing is, I don't want to gain so much fat that it takes a hit at my speed which is what I'll need to play OLB.

Any tips on how I can go about this? Nutrition, workouts, etc?
>>
Lots of incline dumbell press, flies, and flat bench will get you that chest. As for explosiveness, power cleans, squats, deads
>>
>>39891475
Should I focus more on low rep high weight or high to low weight?
>>
SS + GOMAD and you will look XBOXHUGE
>>
>>39891508
high weight probably
you want to get properly strong asap for college football
but honestly you should be able to get away with doing a fuck ton of volume because you'll be eating a lot and youre young so you'll get big regardless
>>
>>39891508
For your squats, bench, incline dumbells, and deads, focus on maybe a 5x5 routine. So thats 5sets 5 reps each. You'll put on mass easy. Flies are there to help you tone up, power cleans for explosiveness. Also, if you want to work on back and arms more do some bent over rows, zottman curls, and dips
>>
>>39891508

If you wanna look decent, high rep, low weight.

But you wanna be strong and you play sports. Low rep high weight.

>powercleans
>squats
>DL
>BP
>rows
>>
>>39891522
What do those terms mean? I apologise for three newfagness, but I'm new to /Fit/
>>
>>39891564
starting strength...gallon of milk a day
>>
>>39891522
>ss

Please dont meme him
>>
>>39891249
Based on those proportions, my manlet radar's going off
>>
>>39891249
wait you are white 175 pounds and playing linebacker.....in college......yeahh......ok...
>>
>>39891739
I know, it's not like a D-1 school or anything. It's a smaller school that is very nice academically, is excellent with teaching my major, and is in a nice town. They offered me enough between football and academics to cover my costs of college. I'm not going to take an offer like that and throw it away.
>>
>>39891781
Also, I should note that while it's officially an outside linebacker, how the defense is set up I'm less of a fill in the gap linebacker and more of a mix between a corner and and outside linebacker. God didn't make me physically massive, but my hard-working attitude has proven effective for me in football.
>>
>>39891804
ok well i would still try to get to at least 215 you will still be able to stop the run and rush the passer as well as cover TEs you want to be built more like a strong safety( a strong safety is a mix between a corner back and a linebacker essentially) I would think 215 is your ideal weight. hit your big lifts and eat alot you wont be covering any speedy receivers so don't worry about your speed too much i would say.
>>
>>39891830
Understandably. I'd eventually to get to that point. However, I understand that jumping from 175 to 215 is not possible in a matter of a year, probably not even two. I'm not going to be some stud true freshman out there. My coach made it clear that I'll likely only see special teams and possibly sub time on a blowout. I'm fine with that, since I'll have a lot to work on.
>>
>>39891916
you can gain a pound per week so it would take 40 weeks or so and half would be fat but i would still think it would be worth it for the strength gains. if you get on gear then it wouldn't take very long at all.
>>
>>39891249
>Think surface area on your body. Squats covers core and legs bench is anterior and a lot of smith machine is posterior. Do some compound arm training to avoid looking like a fridge.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.