[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I depressed /fit/? I dont enjoy anything in life anymore.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 234234234.jpg (7KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
234234234.jpg
7KB, 247x200px
Am I depressed /fit/?

I dont enjoy anything in life anymore. All the things I used to enjoy, video games, hanging out with friends, lifting, etc. They all bore me to death now.

Hell even females dont interest me anymore. When I go out to a club and I notice a girl taking interest in me I just ignore them until they go away. Even tried Tinder but even if I get matched with somebody who is really my type I just cant be bothered talking to them.

I still lift but not with motivation to get bigger or stronger. I just do my shit and leave.

Im starting to get worried. Last week I even worked 6 days, and I fucking hate my job. But everything is better than sitting at home, bored and alone.

Also, fuck off mods, mental health is closely related to physical health
>>
Depression
>>
I got this too, but after abusing alcohol, weed, and oxycodone for years. im hoping a year sober will get me back to normal
>>
>>39874405

Havent really been abusing any substances so that cant be it for me. I dont really know what started all this. No direct cause. It just started creeping up on me. Its fucking bullshit. How do I get rid of it
>>
>>39874373
Are you me?
>>
>>39874373
>>39874525

Yeah were all depressed cunts here that lift to make the pain go away

What if..

being on 4chan causes depression
>>
>>39874585
No depression fag here. After I found what i wanted to do with my life i stopped being a sad cunt
>>
routine stagnation?

or maybe you feel unfulfilled?

usually there's a cause for the depression unless you're clinical but that's a long shot if it didn't show up until recently

I'd be thinking about what was going on in your life around the time you started feeling like this, and what was going through your head

hell, what's going through your head right now? WHY don't you want to do anything?
>>
>>39874632

I made the stupid mistake of making a girl the main purpose in my life. I was with her for 5 years and thought I would marry her. So I didnt see the harm in it. I trusted her.

She left me 8 months ago and I feel empty and purposeless ever since. Thats probably causing my depression.

Trying to find my own purpose now but its not going too well. How did you find out?
>>
>>39874585
Oh and another thing. The reason /fit is cancer is because most are depressed. And just like with a group of friends, if you surround yourself around depressed ppl you'll mostly become one aswell. Just my thought. Fuck this place
>>
>>39874664

I think its because Im getting older, and things I used to enjoy are just things that arent satisfying anymore. I used to party and get fucked up with my friends alot.

I dont like that anymore. But my friends arent growing up as much as I do, and they still like doing all those things, so I feel lonely even when Im around my friends.

Games are not fun anymore because I know they are just a waste of time now. I wont get anywhere in life playing them alot.

Its like this for most of the things in my life. Mentally Im growing up but my surroundings still reflect the old me. Im desperately trying to hang on to the things I enjoyed, but its pointless.

I just dont know how to move forward, I want to find new friends, new purposes, new goals, new satisfaction in life. But I have no idea where to start. Sometimes I have the urge to move away to a distant country and start all over
>>
>>39874698
Enlisting was always at the back of my head since high school. Eventually it became plan A instead of B. I still get depressed about shit from time to time. But ive taught myself not to take a lot of shit seriously, like being a kv for example kek. Too many ppl whine about that shit alot here. Thinking life will end because of it. Set your priorities anon, quit siding with your feelings and get shit done no matter how you're feeling. You'll thank yourself in the long run.
>>
starting is all about trying and putting one foot forward

as for what to start doing it's up to you, I'd recommend something you've always thought about doing or learning but never got around to like learning how to play wonderwall or some shit

the point is to invest in yourself because believe it or not you are very valuable and a human life has incredible potential (I mean you've heard about hitler, right?)

if you are feeling or ever get to the point where you think it's not worth it anymore to keep going and you'd rather be dead it's okay to ask for help from loved ones or a therapist

with time your emotional wound will heal, even if you still remember the pain

we're all gonna die anyway, so there's no point in rushing to the grave when our problems are fixable, stay here and enjoy the show man the US has a celebrity millionaire as their president

for now just find some small hobby to do, or a medium sized one even, just something to do and start with that

get better soon you sad cunt
>>
also try listening to your emotions and work that shit out, humans can become apathetic as an emotional defense mechanism

again therapist would help, but if you think there's a loved one you can talk to about your problems it will cost less and might be more effective
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (873KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
873KB, 400x226px
>>39874585
>>
>>39874997

Thanks bro
>>
>>39874373
Sounds like you're in a funk

You need to either rekindle old interests/hobbies or find some new ones

Traveling can help you reset your mind. I don't mean just sitting on a beach unless you're into that. Like going somewhere youve never been, exploring it and being away from work for a bit.
>>
>>39874461
Just keep lifting and improving yourself. Hell man, read a fucking book about self improvement. Joseph Campbell's "Pathways To Bliss" is a good start.
If you don't feel like reading a book, just realize that your quality of life depends on your own interpretation of it. You're the only one capable of creating your own reality.
Taking some LSD on a nice day can help too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.