[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your pre-lift ritual? Mine is aimlessly walking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: readytodeady.jpg (183KB, 779x434px) Image search: [Google]
readytodeady.jpg
183KB, 779x434px
What's your pre-lift ritual?
Mine is aimlessly walking around in circles
>>
>>39870774

When I'm really into a song I can make myself hyped and usually walk circles as well.

The other times I just sit and stare into nothingness while concentrating on my next lift.
>>
>>39870774
I sit staring at nothing in particular while visualizing my next set in my head.
I also have a really mean look apparently when I do this and tend to scare people when they make eye contact.
I make myself good and fucking angry before doing heavy compounds too. Usually just thinking about people I hate or the dumb shit I fucked up in life.
So the people in the gym think I'm an enormous asshole for the most part, except the ones who've bothered to talk to me.
>>
>>39870774
for deadlifts, i of course set my feet first. then i bring my arms up over my head almost like a sun salutation. then i bring them down really quick while simultaneously squatting down to the bar. if my hands don't line up like i want them to, then i start over. if i'm going for a max, then i chalk up, clap my hands and slap my ass cheeks really hard before i put my arms up.

squats are simpler. i grab the bar hard, pull it back a little bit and slam it into the rack to "test" the weight." then i get under the bar and say "SSSUP" while unracking the weight really fast, which usually makes the weight feel a little lighter than it really is.
>>
>>39870774
On deads I take a deep breath, arms straight out in front of me, get into position quickly. One hand around the bar, then the next and rep it out. For OHP I kind of pull the weight toward me then pull myself into position and exhale while I unrack it
>>
>>39872026
Do the weights reply?
>>
File: 1301450434942.jpg (16KB, 330x417px) Image search: [Google]
1301450434942.jpg
16KB, 330x417px
>>39872129

"one day you may, anon"
>>
Usually before a PR attempt I pump myself up by taking some heavy breaths and then chanting to myself:

> 1-2-3 RACE WAR!

and then making my attempt.
>>
>>39872129
"yeh i'm just a lucky guy"
>>
>>39870774
>aimlessly walking around
>in circles
>>
>>39870774
I walk laps around the bench between sets.
>>
File: 1483182628176.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483182628176.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>39873378
>>
>>39870774
>take some delicious cellucor C4 in my car
>check in
>head to locker room
>change clothes, making sure to bare my tremendous musculature in well timed bursts
>circle an area
>rip a fart as to mark my territory
>stomp a couple of times as to assert dominance as the resident alpha male
>go exercise
>>
l pray to the shitposting gods to check my digits
>>
Stand in front of bar.

Repeatedly wipe sweaty hands on trousers.

Yawn a lot for no apparent reason.
>>
>>39873536
fuck me, i yawn a lot in the gym too.
>>
>>39873536
>>39873565
I thought I was the only one who yawned. What the fuck is this?
>>
>>39873565
>>39873596
>>39873536
>*BRAAAAAAPPPP*
Me too, wtf breeehs?
>>
>>39873565
>>39873596
anxiety induced shortness of breath leads to needing more oxygen quickly, hence the yawning
>>
>>39873616
so overstimulating my adrenal glands through physical stress makes me yawn? i reckon that makes sense.

it's kind of hilarious to imagine a fight or flight scenario where you just end up yawning at the situation.
>>
>>39873639
top puf
>>
File: 4s2cAgx.jpg (545KB, 1573x2500px) Image search: [Google]
4s2cAgx.jpg
545KB, 1573x2500px
Pre-heavy DL I get on my knees and lean backward to stretch my legs/ankles and then back forward to whisper a prayer to the gains gods; that I may never find myself at a plateau, and have a medium-to-high-test yoga pants wearing gf.

Also yawn a lot.
>>
>>39873412
get the fuck out of ere carlos that wasnt even a pun
>>
>Feel the rhythm
>Feel the rhyme
>Get on up
>It's deadlift time

Coooool lifting
>>
>>39873616

So basically its a low test thing, the excess cortisol causing fight or flight responses at the silliest thing like lifting a weight?
>>
I ask God to give me strength and to not be left paraplegic by the weight crashing down on me. That is for when I am hitting a new PR.

If halfway through the set I start struggling I count "Klokovs" instead of reps
>2 klokovs, 3 klokovs, etc...
>>
>>39870774
Look at bar, think "pick it up pussy"..or change my music to some hardcore so I can feel tough as fuck
>>
>stand in front of bar, contemplating it
>put hands on hips because I don't know what to do with them
>breathe deeply twice
>decide I'm not done resting yet and sit on the ground
>start ruminating about life choices
>stupid stupid idiot why would you do that?
>leave gym depressed and anxious
>>
File: 1462174427152.png (15KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
1462174427152.png
15KB, 469x331px
Conor McGregor doesn't do any pre-fight rituals because he doesn't believe in superstition... just throwing that out there
>>
File: latest-6.jpg (623KB, 806x850px) Image search: [Google]
latest-6.jpg
623KB, 806x850px
I think about her then I will be filled with rage.
>>
>>39870774
>Stand in front of the bar just staring at it
>adjust my grip multiple times
>Trying to get angry by thinking of all the people I hate
>Thinkgen of Candito and animu-girls firing me up and how I really want to make them proud by making it
>>
Snort chalk and headbang
>>
Before I lean back to bench I always do a few seconds of tapping my feet on the ground like I'm double-bass drumming (though I don't drum), also slam my hands (the part inside just below where the fingers connect) into the bar a few times

If there's no one else around I may dance a little bit and pimp-walk around for them good vibes
>>
>>39874061
>wojack.jpg
>>
MINE IS TO HAVE AS LITTLE RITUAL AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I'M NOT A FAGGOT
>>
>>39874168
>He doesn't pose a rear glute spread to show his dominance
Hahaha faggot
>>
File: IMG_2411.jpg (231KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2411.jpg
231KB, 1242x2208px
>walk in gym
>get that first sip of cold fountain water
>take look around gym
>typical uni fags, I look better than 80% of gym even for 5'7 'Manlet
>if I'm lucky that day big booty qt uni girl is in gym squatting or some bs
>make it apparent I'm glancing her direction but not staring
>50% of the time I'll get a mire back
Feels good man, almost lifting for full year, 2017 is the year of gains

pic related
>>
>>39874502
>5'7

Sure thing buddy ;)
>>
Take a shit
>>
Slave squat for a few minutes near the rack while tinkering with my phone
>>
>>39870774
trying to look cool with me lmao1pl8 squat
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.