[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to go to the gym for the first time in my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1483140624784.jpg (139KB, 736x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483140624784.jpg
139KB, 736x1024px
I'm about to go to the gym for the first time in my life and am having an anxiety attack.

Help me, what should I be aware of so I don't embarrass myself?
>>
you need to not look new anon, there should be a squat rack claim it and do all your exercises in it, this will secure your dominance over the pride.
>>
>>39870755

Don't overthink anything. The more you know about certain form/exercises the better and if you don't know, ASK or read the instructions sometimes on the machines if you're using one. Nobody is watching you or cares about what you're doing unless you're seriously in danger of hurting yourself. GL
>>
You probably will embarrass yourself.

just deal with ti
>>
OP when you start off with body weight squats make sure to put your body weight of weights on the bar before you squat.
>>
>>39870755
Look here you little faggot
Nobody fucking cares what you do, even if they do all they'll do is think you look dumb

Just get out there and lift
>>
>>39870755
Fuck what other people think of you.
The only thing you need to be aware of at the gym is to keep a proper form.
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>Not building a home gym
>>
Guys give me some tips on etiquette as well.

Like what to do if someone's hogging a machine.
>>
>>39870755

If youre indian or paki i suggest you never come.

Otherwise just go in and do basic shit and learn as you go
>>
Know what ur gonna do beforehand

Don't float or hang around

Don't sit on ur phone, you WILL be judged for it

Just point and make eye contact if you need a piece of equipment, everyone is listening to music

Fill the protein shake and leave
>>
>>39870755

there's going to be a lot of new people at the gym these days.

just go in there and find out what works for you. I recommend watching rippetoes' youtube videos (youtube Mark Rippetoe) if you're gonna do stuff with barbells.

if you're just gonna do cardio and machines then go there and figure out what to do based on what machines there are. try to figure out which stuff to do so that you hit all of your body.

something like;

Chest press
Shoulder press
Cable cross row
Cable cross lats pull
leg press
back extensions
dumbbell bicep curl
dumbbell triceps work
>>
>>39870793
Two options
>wait patiently, with your head bowed as a sign of respect until they finish
>look them in the eye and tell them they are finished

You can also mark the equipment you like as yours by urinating or defecating on it and spreading it around. The problem is that someone else will want to claim it and then you'll need to fight for dominance or surrender your bunghole.

GLGS (good luck, get swole)
>>
Ugh, jesus, no one cares about you. You may think you are being humble and meak with this anxiety about being judged but it actually is a huge indicator of vanity. You worry too much about your ego.

People go to the gym to improve themselves, not judge others. I've been working out nearly half a decade and have never seen a real life 'gym bully'.
>>
>>39870822
>misspells Rippletoe twice
>>
>>39870755

Realize nobody gives a shit about you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.