[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no boxing gym around for 30 kms >don't have the time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: steve-jobs-movie-trailer.jpg (65KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
steve-jobs-movie-trailer.jpg
65KB, 720x720px
>no boxing gym around for 30 kms
>don't have the time to take boxing lessons and commute for over a hour back and forth
>alternative is going to kickboxing or muay thai that doesn't interest me at all

I already learned some basic punching techniques but nowhere near perfect, and pretty don't know effective drills. Should I just give up and stop thinking about it or can I teach it myself to some degree?
>>
>>39869851
Go to a gym. Muay thai and kickkboxing are GOAT, btw. If you search for self defense you could also do judo or another grappling sport
>>
>>39869864
I don't care for kicking at all, been to a try-out session with friends who already train there.

There only is a judo gym in range here but I'm not interested in that either. Wrestling would be cool but there's no gym for miles here.
>>
>>39869927

Judo is awesome as fuck. Insane cardio and a great workout all-round. Ne waza (groundwork) randori (sparring) is fucking insane. I highly recommend it anon.

Imagine throwing people around like this!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYAkVhXZ1mE
>>
>>39869927
>>39870272
Judo is fun as shit. Also gives you sick forearms/grip strength, and back development
>>
>>39870325

Don't 4get dem shouldahz
>>
>>39870330
That's true as well. I didn't mention shoulders because I used to do boxing before Judo, and the shoulder emphasis in boxing BTFOs that of Judo. But you get it in both.
>>
>>39870344
>>39870325
>>39870272
I like to watch judo and understand your enthusiasm, but I don't care for it. I want to be boxing, nothing else. Each their preferences.
>>
>>39870272
>Judo
Judo is shit. I have mandatory judo classes at shool and that shit is just retarded, you get tossed around alot which is just horrible for your organs and joints and you will hate yourself in your 40s and later on when you are constantly in pain
Not to mention the techniques are shit as well, like i remember the teacher showing us some hold and i was like "but i can still easily hit you in the face and like poke your eyes out" and he was like "no it is against the rules to hit the face etc" fucking useless unless you want to do it for a living but if you ever get in a fight you are dead
>>
>>39870702
idk if this is b8 but you've got some misconceptions
If you learn to fall properly (which is the first thing they teach you), youll have no problems with "organs" and the like. Joints will eventually have issues, mainly in knees and fingers, but this takes decades to show up.
Judo is absolutely useful as well, its usage in MMA where all sorts of striking is allowed should be proof enough for that.
>muh eye pokes
go ahead and try it lol, there's a reason anyone who knows fighting thinks that shit is stupid.
I've actually used judo in 2 fights, so I can attest to it personally. It's helpful to know basic boxing, it's easier to grab someone after punching them.
>>
>>39870702

Judo is a competitive sport at its core and so a lot of that shit is based on the sport's rules, but if you used that particular hold in a street fight you'd be retarded. There are plenty of holds and chokes that can be applied in real life to keep you safe. More importantly if you employ one of the many throws and drop someone on their back on the pavement they will be out of fucking commission.
>>
>>39870960
To add to this, I've knocked out opponents before by throwing them in competition, and that's on soft mats... you're daft if you think this won't be devastating on "duh streetz"
>>
OP here, can we go back to boxing?
>>
File: 1481783059372.jpg (45KB, 539x535px) Image search: [Google]
1481783059372.jpg
45KB, 539x535px
>>39871391
You could teach yourself some of the basic but since you aren't sparing and don't get proper coaching you'll never get anywhere
>>
>>39871431
Well I can spar with my kickboxing friends, but don't even have proper access to a punching bag myself.
>>
File: 1472454145614.png (77KB, 211x214px) Image search: [Google]
1472454145614.png
77KB, 211x214px
>>39871463
m8 either do it properly or don't do it at all.. what even is the point of this thread

sage
>>
>>39869927
half of muay thai practitioners don't use their legs at all. literally just punches and elbows, maybe a knee once in a while for a show of good faith
you won't like it as much as boxing, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>39871463
Work on cardio. Run your ass off, shadow box, jump rope, and be ready to effin go when you can box. Also, just look for boxers in your area to spar/ learn from
>>
Do body shots in boxing actually hurt?
>>
>>39872366
Hit in the liver and solar will bring you down like a kid.
>>
>>39872366
It's a different kind of pain
Sometimes you don't even feel it consciously, but you suddenly become slower/less coordinated
Makes it really hard to catch your breath
>>
muy thai>>>>>>>>>boxing

go away boxer
>>
never did any marital arts in my life(24 here) and i almost ended up in jail. I want to learn boxing/kickboxing/muay thai and i dont want to compate it. I just want it to make safety. Every fucking places only tennangers tain and fucking semi-pro competitors. Should i take classes in my local fitness center? or join train with those "hardcore" fighters? I got muscles and i just want to learn how to fight. What to do?
>>
File: black in love with BIC.jpg (219KB, 1702x960px) Image search: [Google]
black in love with BIC.jpg
219KB, 1702x960px
>>39874191
> I got muscles and i just want to learn how to fight.

sounds like you have no motivation

fighting is an art you can't afford to be shit at

i would suggest you train with the hard core fighters (because it's fucking obvious you should, idiot) but why bother when you sound like you want the easy way to master fighting?

>>39871431
Bullshit, you will never get to TEST your skill against competition, that's what you should've said.

But you will ALWAYS improve technique by 1. shadowboxing 2. watching endless amount of boxing/muay thai training and competition videos.

I have no sparring partners, but I do have a heavy bad, double end bag, a slip rope, and guts to make shit happen. I can always "spar" by competing in local tourneys in the big city close to me.

videos to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ir6quosgs&list=LLu2WwwpapKQBNP6B8J6n9kQ&index=13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVaYSkriddI&list=LLu2WwwpapKQBNP6B8J6n9kQ&index=25
All of this channels videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDaBtRTb1lE&list=LLu2WwwpapKQBNP6B8J6n9kQ&index=29
All of this channels muay thai videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcEw1_uobLQ&list=LLu2WwwpapKQBNP6B8J6n9kQ&index=67
this channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleVVV3
This is a cool idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwYhqk_Qdw&index=6&list=PL4Mb5fp5ywgLJFBdCeuKtv2pDGv-y1sAT

Note: I also watch UFC and boxing, and much more training and competition videos on youtube. you have to learn and copy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.