[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the idea of a "lifting gym" a marketing meme to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bltraining1.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bltraining1.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Is the idea of a "lifting gym" a marketing meme to attract gullible people? Pic related advertises itself as a lifting gym, and I'm curious if I could expect something different for my $40/month than the YMCA I go to now.
>>
>>39867428
The environment and people going there, but aside from that not really. YMCA is where I go, even with a Gold's closer to my house.
>>
There are smaller gyms out there that have a degree of specialization (eg powerlifitng gyms/oly gyms/ mma mcdojos). Unless you NEED specialty equipment or you want to meet other people who share your specific interest there's no real point in joining these gyms if you aren't competing in my opinion.
Also >lifting gym prominently displaying a smith machine
>>
>lifting gym

as opposed to what? go to one with an atmosphere of good energy and serious dudes nothing kills my mood to lift like a stupid idiot shitting up the gym
>>
>>39867428
I'd go to a YMCA. Looks pretty comfy, although i'm sure not all of them look the same/have the same equipment.
>>
>>39867428
my gym costs less than 2$ a day but then i live in a developing country so everything costs less
>>
YMCA is the best.

If you are struggling financially, they offer financial aid - you can go for as low as $15 a month.
>>
Just go to the cheapest gym that has squat rack, bench, and some kind of DL space.

The only reason I'd go to some premium gym would be for personal training from someone who knows something about lifting. Or if you compete and like the community there, which is important too for some.
>>
>>39867773

Also, sometimes you can shop around and talk places into price matching with similar gyms in the area. Managers usually have a lot of flexibility to cut deals for new members.
>>
>>39867678
So that's 60 dollars a month
>>
>>39867494
I like to laugh at the stupid idiots and make fun of them with the qt's. the idiots have gotten me laid so many times it's not even funny
>>
>>39867857
Are you retarded
>>
>>39867428
It depends. If you compete and you want access to specialty equipment (bars, atlas stones, monolifts or whatever) and better people to train with, it makes sense. If you don't care about that stuff, just about any gym will do.
>>
>>39867678
I pay $90 a year for my membership at LVAC, but I started it with a pretty large downpayment years and years ago. Paid off though. I get a sauna, steam room, showers, clean gym, nice atmosphere, friends with staff, etc. Worth it to only pay $90/yr for life.
>>
>>39867494
>as opposed to what?

a planet fitness that has no rack, platform, bench, or barbells.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.