[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a newbie >ask question on routines >"read the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>be a newbie
>ask question on routines
>"read the sticky bro"
>oh ok I need to start SS
>ask questions on SS
>"read the book bro"

like what the actual fuck, I just want to fucking lift. Why do I need to read an entire fucking book for that?

fuck SS and fuck ripetoe or what ever the fuck his name is
>>
read the sticky bro
>>
>>39862026
>ask questions
your first mistake
simply make outrageous claims on topics you know nothing about and wait for the autists to correct you
>>
just start doing deadlifts and only deadlifts. Starting to think my gym membership is a waste since I literally go in and do 5x5 5pl8 DL then leave.
>>
>>39862026
you don't have to do any of those things. just join the gym and do your thing but don't be surprised when you injure yourself or look the same after 1 year
>>
File: IMG_2162.png (123KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2162.png
123KB, 235x235px
>>39862026
>He doesn't read.
How does it feel to be out of shape and stupid?
>>
>>39862080
this
>>
Just do an upper/lower split.
>>
>>39862190
OP has a point though I would strongly recommend doing SL
>>
>>39862086
/thread
>>
>>39862026
Just look up starting strength pdf I think the second version is free
Read what he has to say on squats, deadlifts and bench, and try it out at the gym
The key is avoiding being a tard your first time by either doing nothing effective at all or snapping your shit up
>>
>>39862026
>like what the actual fuck, I just want to fucking lift. Why do I need to read an entire fucking book for that?
>fuck SS and fuck ripetoe or what ever the fuck his name is

yeah you're right why would you like to be educated about a topic from someone who clearly knows more about it than you?

hmmmm gee I wonder why
>>
just do PHAT bro
>>
>>39862026
lifting is serious business.
Willpower and consistency are key.
Lifting is a complex subject and the basics are very broad. You can't put it into an easily digestable three-line advice statement without losing out on important knowledge.
>how a muscle grows
>how to prevent injury through proper execution of execises
>how to build a program
>how to build a meal plan
>how to motivate yourself consistently

These topics are covered in the sticky in their MOST BASIC FORM. The sticky is already the shortest form of basic knowledge necessary.
You have to acquire the bulk of the knowledge in its entirety or you might as well not even start in the first place.
Because you will end up where you started.

Show yourself that you posess the willpower to read AND understand this book.
If you can't do that, how do you expect to lift consistently for years to hit your goals ?

What's that ? You just want to go occasionally and find an easy way out ?
Well gee, i guess we are out of easy ways...

What's that ? You are to afraid to set your own goals ?
Obviously this is too much to ask. Just don't and you will be a gorgous little DYEL.

Commit yourself behind this fully or go away and remain insignificant. Otherwise here is what will happen:
>1. come into gym for a month
>2. don't go for a month because motivation is down
>3. remain the same or get way fatter because now you think you deserve treats for the 'hard' work
>4. repeat until after two years you realise 3. and start blaming everyone else.
>>
>>39862086
This.

OP getting great results is a bit more complicated than you had hoped. You have two options:

1) Do what you can with your current knowledge, and live with whatever results you get. Could be fine.

2) Follow established routines and get better results more efficiently.

Also, consider this: you're going to spend hours in the gym each workout day, but you won't spend a few hours total on your planning phase? Does that sound like a smart way to go about your new project?

Good luck.
>>
WATCH THE VIDEOS OR YOU WILL FUCK YOUR BACK. Read the book, but dl the vid too & watch it.

Also with your attitude you're not going to make it i though you should know that just give up.
>>
>>39862026
Buy the SS app
It has videos and just the bits of the book you care about. It also tracks your workouts and shit for you.

Seems to be perfect for you because you seem to want to be spoon fed
>>
>>39862026
>analysis paralysis

just pick a proven beginner routine and do it nigga
>>
>>39863262
There'll be plenty of time for spoon feeding when he snaps his spine.
>>
>>39863272
this, you'll learn as you go
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.