[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

form check thread, post your lifts have anons shout at you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: deadlift.png (7KB, 1301x535px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift.png
7KB, 1301x535px
form check thread, post your lifts have anons shout at you

fat shit edition

https://youtu.be/qagYa-M1F6c (dl)

https://youtu.be/3NbvCvZLpO0 (dl)

https://youtu.be/vMn0cmCJ-5w (squat)

feel free to judge based on videos alone but I might as well explain my problems so far in detail though.

deadlift: pretty much pic related. Everyone including Mark Rippetoe in SS says to keep back straight implying my form is probably fine, but in all the pics I see of people saying how it should look it looks like the curve on the left. But then when I see these people actually DOING the lift they have straight back, as on right. And yeah, I noticed when looking over these that I'm moving the bar way too much outside of vertical, but that's pretty trivial right? I assume I'll get better at the pull.

Squat: this kills me the most of all lifts solely because my shoulders and arms hurt from stretching behind my back - I've got shit flexibility. It hasn't been getting any easier and I'm squatted 10+ times so far. It hurts so much that I skipped the squat today. You'll see in vid I'm in painas soon ask I get in position even before I unrack it. Keep in mind I've read all of SS even the autistic parts and he only has a paragraph or two on this problem. Think his only advice is to take wider grip and gradually pull it closer to center as you get more comfortable. I have widest grip where I'm not at risk of squishing my fingers when racking. Other than that I think my form is perfect, except when I push myself too far and I kinda lean/fall forward a bit as I'm raising myself.

I have a clicky knee btw but it's not problem, you'll notice it happens in the squat but this happens even without barbell on my back.
>>
>>39860425
Try highbar squat?
I get pretty shitty pain in my left arm just between delts and biceps despite my shoulde mobility being quite decent

Doesnt occur during high bar, only lowbar
>>
For Diddly keep your neck straight in line with back, don't look up. Also lockout your lift, it will help your glute strength.
>>
On your squat don't let you heels off the ground. To help this you can stand up straighter so the bar isn't over the front of your feet, but instead over your mid foot.
>>
>>39861405
>>39861702
alright yeah thanks I'll work on it
>>
File: B3863sSCUAEp4mg.png (136KB, 443x395px) Image search: [Google]
B3863sSCUAEp4mg.png
136KB, 443x395px
>>39860425
Keep your fucking head neutral during deadlift. And for the love of God, work on your ankle mobility - your foot should never leave the floor.
>>
Your deadlift has two problems, you're looking at the ceiling and you don't lockout. Keep your head neutral and make sure you stand up straight at the end to tighten your glutes.

For squat, your heels are coming off the ground which is indicative of poor form and too much weight on the bar. I prefer to ass to grass squat, and the best advice I've ever had was that your squat position should be the same as if you were taking a shit in the woods. Sit down low and hold a plate in your hands and pretend you're shitting in the woods. Aim your feet out to where they're comfortable and try to find some balance in that position. Next do the same thing, but with just the bar. Then add a few pounds (I do 1 pl8 since i squat 200, seems to work for me) and do it again. This stretches me me out and brings back my muscle memory for squatting. When you're in this position you should never have your toes lift up or your heels lift up.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.