[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's New Years yet again >always followed through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1200.jpg (27KB, 618x412px)
1200.jpg
27KB, 618x412px
>it's New Years yet again
>always followed through on my resolutions and achieved my yearly goals
>running out of things to improve about myself
>feels like nothing about my life has actually improved or gotten any better

Got the education I wanted, got the job I wanted, got the body and /fit/ lifestyle I wanted. Kept my resolution from two years ago to be outgoing and meet new people, but 99% of people suck so I've made zero decent friends and met zero decent women. I'm getting so tired of life, and striving to fulfill personal goals no longer gives me purpose. I've run out of significant changes to make and feel like I have nothing to show for the changes I have made, so now I'm just coasting through life, burned out and unfulfilled.

So how's everyone else's New Years going?
>>
>>39855287
Same boat.

Said I wanted $250k by 23 years old. Almost 24 now, $280k.

Exceeded all my gains expectations too. Shit's rough, it's tough to improve these days.
>>
Worked from 5AM to 6PM and am currently spending the night by myself eating Japanese take out. My girlfriend didn't want to hang out because she was 'too tired'. The same thing happened on Thanksgiving.

Let's hope next year brings more promise and more gains in the emotional department.
>>
>>39855287
start helping other people
>>
File: distressed anime.jpg (43KB, 453x464px) Image search: [Google]
distressed anime.jpg
43KB, 453x464px
Every year my resolution is "stop being a friendless virgin" and every year I fail to even come even remotely close to that goal
At least I got into graduate school
>>
>>39855325
Your gf is getting strange on the side, partying it up with another man. Dump her.
>>
>>39855339
>and every year I fail to even come even remotely close to that goal

What steps do you take?

What plans do you lay out for yourself?

How many girls have you talked to/asked out? Where have you tried making friends?

>Inb4 I haven't talked to a single girl and I never tried talking to someone in a social situation first

This is why.
>>
>>39855343
I suspected as much. I think it's time to move on.
>>
>>39855334

I do animal shelter stuff. The dogs and cats always give me a pretty good lift me up when I'm there, but the high from caring for cute animals just seems to make the crash back into my burn out even worse afterwards.
>>
>>39855325

Of all the people who could blow you off on New Years, that's pretty bullshit that your girlfriend did it. If she's tired she should just go to your place and snuggle to sleep on your couch with you while you watch the ball drop.
>>
>>39855357
I joined several societies at my college and approached people within them
Not many girls, there was one I was interested in who clearly disliked me, any maybe 3 others

Generally when I have an interaction with someone the next time they see me they avert their eyes and try to get anywhere else but near me
>>
Currently drunk and coked up after a disappointing night with no grills.

Here's to another year of wasted potential!
>>
>>39855408
>Not many girls, there was one I was interested in who clearly disliked me, any maybe 3 others

Need more.

1 girl, and 3 "maybe" in a year? ... in YEARS?

Treat it as a job search. You don't apply to 4 companies in years then sit and wait, do you?
>>
>>39855334
Why would you help other people? Most of them are worthless cunts.
>>
>>39855323

What did you do to pull in that money, anon?

This year I want to figure out what I want to do, or at least find something that makes me less miserable. I fell for the STEM meme and even though I have an OK job with it, it's so boring I think I'd be happy warming less if it was something I actually got up each morning wanting to do.
>>
>>39855439
I cant even make friends with other guys so as things are it seems so futile talking to girls
>>
>>39855287
>waahh everyone is terrible except me, thats why i dont have friends or a gf, because everyone else sucks, im special
>>
>>39855287
Self improvement is masturbation
>>
>>39855485
It's not that you can't, it's that you aren't taking the right steps to do so.

I'm going to assume you actually lift... This is exactly like lifting.

If someone said "Oh my god I can't get stronger or lose weight?!" you would say that's bullshit, just lift weights and eat less/more and you will do it.

Same thing here. You're either lying to yourself or you're lying to yourself. Step back and look at it analytically.
>>
>>39855287
Mine New Years is not that bad. And I think you need precisely that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG5IadQxhvE :)
>>
>>39855481
>What did you do to pull in that money, anon?

Don't look to me, some of it was inherited then I speculated heavily and caught a windfall.

Just stick to the basics, maximize income, don't spend your money on bullshit (Time being far more important than actual money. The cost of playing WoW isn't $15/month. It's the countless hours you spend on it that you could have used to make money).
>>
File: 130123364454364.jpg (97KB, 961x719px) Image search: [Google]
130123364454364.jpg
97KB, 961x719px
>tfw achieved every goal I set for myself
And next year is gonna be my bitch as well. Come at me you fucking faggot life, I'm more than ready
>>
>>39855693
>>39855693
>come at me you faggot life
Topkek. Attaboy
>>
>>39855590

Other people sucking doesn't make me exceptional, it just means other people suck.
>>
>>39855608

That particular Fight Club quote has always passed right over my head, but damn does it hit me hard now that you point out how relevant it is.
>>
>>39855325
She doesn't love you anymore bro, she's possibly cucking you
>>
>>39855287

Having everything you desired only makes it more and more obvious that desire, in and of itself, is the root of suffering. There will always be more carrots to chase after.

Instead of working on your external life, I think you should strive to cultivate your internal life. The "self" that is unknowable to others, which only you possess, and only you can access. Find out what makes that person happy.

Become the kind of man who could lose everything overnight and smile about it in the morning. Nothing in life is certain. Nothing in life is stable. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Someday you will die. What will you leave behind? A century from now, what reason will anyone have to remember who you were? Come to grips with your own mortality and the fact that all things end. One day all of us will be forgotten. With that in mind, and the inevitable death of every person you see at the front of your thoughts when you interact with them, what makes sense? What must you do, before your end comes?

Peace, brah.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.