[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started lifting to get out of a depression. It kinda worked for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (146KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1080x1080px
Started lifting to get out of a depression. It kinda worked for awhile then my wife told me a week ago that she was leaving me. I already hated my fucking life, so I took the Internets advice and downed a bunch of sleeping pills. I woke up the next day like nothing happened at all except I felt a little more sleepy than usual. So I'm even a failure at killing myself now. On a train riding through downtown Tokyo right now, and I can't think of a single reason to not go buy some more pills and have another go at it.

Does lifting ever really help or am I holding onto false hope for it to help pull me out of this?
>>
Lifting is good for you, but you have to chance how you think anon.
Lifting helps physical health, but you need to make your mental health better.
>>
>>39852441
If you want to die just convince the Americans to nuke you again. If you survive that you may be a superhero.

On a more serious note lifting does help, just because it gives you something to focus on besides your problems. It will help but by itself it won't drag you out, try picking somebody up at the gym if you're single now.
>>
File: tumblr_mirb3cXK4o1rzapx4o1_250.gif (247KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mirb3cXK4o1rzapx4o1_250.gif
247KB, 245x160px
>>39852441
lifting gage me cofnidence.
confidence give mez bitches.
the new bitches make me forget the old bitches.
bitches attention make me feel like a god.

use them to feel good, lift to use them.

have a nice day.
>>
>>39852466
>>39852485
>>39852500
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>39852441
just hire a psychiatrist and see if it helps. Best case you can enjoy a happy life after all, worst you still want to kill yourself
>>
I would reach out to some family and friends if you have them. Don't have to tell them about everything necessarily, if you're not ready to.

Other than that, lifting helped my depression but it's far from a magic bullet. You have to work on other aspects of your life (social, romantic, professional, etc) to improve your life drastically
>>
File: 1352766654161.jpg (133KB, 800x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1352766654161.jpg
133KB, 800x1043px
>>39852441
I firmly believe everyone has a right to die. Do what the other anons say and if it doesn't bring you more happiness than trouble, go ahead and find a nice quiet place to lay down and rest eternal. I won't judge you. You deserve peace.
>>
Don't do pills. Go hang yourself like a man. Pills are for little attention whores
>>
>>39852441
If you really want to end it, if nothing fucking matters, just take a train as far as you can and start walking. Disappear from your life, your friends, your family. Go walk the earth. If that doesn't help, then just end it and it wont fucking matter anyways.
>>
>>39853374
Not op, but I'm getting my things in order to do this. Asia sounds good, yeah Asia.
>>
>>39852441
If you're angry about it (as opposed to being sad) you can use that as fuel for your workouts. Main thing is to stay busy with work, exercise, friends so you don't sit around and mope.

Honestly, sorry to hear about this man but you're the only one who can make yourself feel better, no one can do it for you.

It probably helps to talk to someone about it - friends, therapist, etc.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.