[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do cardio >7 minutes for a .5 mile run >heartrate averaged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1482355474819.jpg (96KB, 539x532px) Image search: [Google]
1482355474819.jpg
96KB, 539x532px
>do cardio
>7 minutes for a .5 mile run
>heartrate averaged in the 140's
>feel like death

JUST
I can lift an atlas stone but running just kills me, is there a way to make this less horrible or is my only choice to suffer through it until I'm good?
>>
Just how fat are you m8?
>>
The trick to running is to ignore how bad you feel
>>
>>39852108
Slow down. Start walking when your heart rate gets high.
>>
>>39852183
No. Never walk. Even if you have to Fatboy shuffle slower than you walk, don't walk.
>>
>>39852157
So just keep running, no matter what? What about air? I could barely get enough in my after the first quarter mile
>>
>>39852245
just keep running. you'll get better
>>
File: just keep running.gif (1019KB, 273x195px) Image search: [Google]
just keep running.gif
1019KB, 273x195px
>>39852254
"Anon I'm about to fall what do I do?"

JUST KEEP RUNNING
>>
>>39852199
Bad advice. You wouldn't tell someone who reached failure during squats to keep squatting. If 'jus run bro' was enough, the entire field of running coaching wouldn't exist
>>
>>39852157
This has got to be the WORST advice I have ever heard in my life. It's okay to push yourself HARD but when your body feels like it's going to break you should just walk.
>>39852245
Start walking more and then build up to running over time.
2:1 ratio is a good staring point. Ran 1 mile and walk two. If that's to hard go to 3:1 minimum. Rome wasn't built in a day. Over time gradually increase your running time and distance. If you try to do too much at the beginning you will get an injury very quickly.
>>
>>39852108

I get lost in music or put a movie on the TV, focus on my breathing as #1 and then you get lost. Get into the music or movie/show, focus on breathing and sip water only when you need it - often enough it cuts into your breathing and lose focus/momentum. My personal way
>>
>>39852304
op just wants to be able to cover a few miles, not run a sub 4 mile. for this he just needs to man up and keep going. it is very simple
>>
>>39852279
did he died
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
>>
>>39852442
>gets rocketed into a rack of weighted barbells
>they fall down directly on his back
at the very least hes paralyzed.
>>
>>39852108
If you have access to Atlas stones then you likely have access to other strongman equipment, so I'd focus on heavy weighed carries for time to increase work capacity.

(Zercher) yoke carries, sandbag carries, and heavy farmers walks will condition you to the point where a jog seems easy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.