[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to be ripped and depressed or kinda fat and happy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 26165998.jpg (95KB, 654x860px) Image search: [Google]
26165998.jpg
95KB, 654x860px
Is it better to be ripped and depressed or kinda fat and happy?

I've been lifting and eating well for the last 3 years, and to be honest I don't like it. I don't like any of it. I hate lifting, I hate eating chicken and broccoli instead of doritos and coke. I don't care about how good my body looks, because I was infinitly happier when I was a chubby sperg who actually did things he loved, like playing video games and eating cheetos.

I followed a lot of bullshit advice on here about self-discipline and not trading what you want most for what I want temporarily, but I don't think being ripped and unhappy is what I want most. I even stopped hanging out with my other nerd friends because /fit/ told me some stupid shit about "dumping the people in your life who don't support your fitness lifestyle" and I feel awful about this whole thing.

I don't like lifting. I miss my old, albeit unhealthy lifestyle. I stopped doing the things I love because I was convinced that "alpha males" didn't do "kid" things like reading comics or play vidya. What a load of shit.

Has anyone else on /fit/ had experience with this? Am I just going through a bad period, and if I stick with it will my perception of lifting get better? Or am I discovering that the fitness lifestyle just isn't for me?

I know what makes me happy, and I want to return to it. Should I?

Help pls /fit/.
>>
>>39846444
you are a liar, unless u have autism i dont know why you would want to go from healthy to unhealthy
>>
You don't actually know what you want and I can assure you that if you go back to your old lifestyle that you will become even more depressed than you are now.

The reason you feel the way you do is because before you were delusional and living in ignorance. You didn't really know what you were doing to your body, you lived from high to high. Unhealthy nice food being one and video games being the other.

Then one day you got bored of that and decided you want to chase th aesthetics lifestyle because you wanted to become muscular and lean because you thought it would attract tons of women in your life.

Then you realised being /fit/ isn't all it's cracked up to be. You're still a male after all, disposable. You're also competing with guys who are on drugs that claim natural, so if you're truly natural it makes you look bad by default. Not to mention you're a man and as a man you still need to take the initiative in sexual relations with women.

Finally, you've come to the conclusion that lifting and maintaining a healthy diet isn't worth the effort for what you get out of it.

But the harsh reality is you've already taken the iron pill. You can't ever go back. You'll never truly enjoy being your old self again, no matter how miserable the new version of yourself is.
>>
>>39846444
You are only as happy as you make up your mind to be.
>>
>>39846444
Not reading that shit, but lifting pulled me out of a depression. Do whatever actually makes you happy. I'm happy looking better, being more confident, being stronger, being able to keep up during sports and physical fun things like knee boarding and snowboarding. It has literally improved every single aspect of my life. Sex is better, you get more attention from women, and everything in general is a lot more fun.

Do whatever you want man.
>>
>>39846444
Confusing lifestyle with hobbies senpai.
Assuming your post is real, though it most likely isn't, you make it seem like people that take care of their health can't play videogames or partake in whatever the fuck it is your fatself did. You want to eat coke and doritos? Go ahead it literally will not create happiness in your life. Anything missing from your life shouldn't be attributed to lifting
>>
Read a book nigger.
But for real, please do.
>>
>>39846444
>3 years
good luck just going back to being completely sedentary after 3 years. You'll always have that nagging feeling telling you that it would be better to lift. If anything just learn to balance your life better.
>>
>>39846444
Lifting and eating well is one thing, dumping your old friends and giving up your old hobbies is something else. They aren't linked in any real way. Keep the first, revert the second. Text an old friend now saying 'We haven't hung out in a while, doing anything for NY?' Hit the comics shop tomorrow if it's open, Monday if it's not. Healthy doesn't equal happy, but it doesn't equal unhappy either. After three years it should be as natural as breathing, odd that you haven't acclimated in that time.
>>
Make the /fit/ lifestyle fun. I felt the same way until I started eating nice and dirty (IIFYM) no fucking veggies. and doing a fun ass bro split.

STILL getting gains, perhaps not 100% optimal but idgaf because I get to eat cereal, mcds, diet coke, sugary flavoured Greek yogurt, chicken covered in delicious curry sauce, ETC and I can have fun at the gym besides a general template I do whatever the hell I feel like that day.

I'll prob continue this until I get the desire to go 100% nerd about it once again. and I'd expect the cycle to repeat. making gains is still fun even when it's not your first priority because ironically it's as if progress becomes quicker (your not staring at the clock so to speak)
>>
>>39846444
Why did you stop playing video games? I go to the gym 6 times a week and still play video games after classes and gym like all night with friends? Why are you not doing the other things you love?

Fitness shouldn't become the only thing in your life, it should just work itself into your lifestyle. I feel you went wayyy too overboard, you can still have friends that don't have fitness as part of their lives, you can still do things that would be seen as "unfit" from time to time like eating a full bag of chips and a fucking whole pizza. You don't need to go 100% fit, have a balance, don't go overboard, enjoy yourself.

Fitness has only made my life better by making me healthier, looking better, having a nice way to get my mind off things, etc... It has literally not negatively affected me in any way, try to get to that point, instead of it causing you so much pain
>>
>>39846444
Why can't you lift and still play vidya and hang out with friends? Gym takes 9 hours a week at most. You can still do everything you like. Just don't stuff your face with junk food.

I refuse to believe consuming cheetos and coke actually made you happy
>>
>>39846444
How the fuck can you hate lifting an eating healthy? And how did you stick to it for 3 years? It doesn't add up
>>
>>39846444
you need to learn the difference between contentment and satisfaction

contentment makes you feel happy and requires no work. it's just relaxation.

satisfaction makes you happy - actually happy - and requires work. what you get out depends on what you put in.

you can have both though. i lift and i eat healthy and i'm strong but i still eat junk food and drink and i don't look like a supermodel. i like it. i'm not obsessed with perfection but i still respect dudes who can commit their life to it because i respect anybody who commits their life to doing something they enjoy.

you're gonna fucking die some day dude, live on your own terms.
>>
>>39846444

You are not happy being/acting unhealthy. You like to tell yourself youre happy that way. You're comfortable.
You hate lifting for the fact of doing it, you hate having to think about what to eat. You're lazy and very complacent.
Lifting and Dieting is good for your.

Also, dumping your friends just because they're "nerds" was a dumb move. I hope you still talk to them. Also, you got the being an alpha the wrong way.

What was your intention in working out and putting out this work ?

Keep at it my guy. You can get through the negative self loathing tunnel you're in rn if you're persistent and have the patience of a fucking bald monk. Really think about where you want to be in 5 years.
>>
>>39846507
Damn you anon. This is the damning truth.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.