[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those of you who are becoming /fit/ now, what kept you from doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (6KB, 224x188px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 224x188px
Those of you who are becoming /fit/ now, what kept you from doing it so long? What held you back?

For me, I thought /fit/ guys were just meathead retards who wanted to get fucked every weekend. I didn't realize how great it was at combating depression. I feel so good. Every day, I feel so much better. I'm realizing now that, a lot of my depression was due to lack of activity. It had nothing to do with all of the superficial things in my life like abuse and disability. Simply becoming active has made me so much happier.

So, I wanted to hear from you all: What surprised you? Prejudice against "meatheads" or not, what motivated you to get /fit/? I'm just so happy to find a solution to my problems, and I want to know what problems becoming /fit/ solved for you. Even if they're a little superficial, that's OK. We're all apart of the same game, in my opinion.
>>
bumpu.

I really want to know: What motivated you to get /fit/?
>>
>>39844110
To fuck sluts every weekend. Why else?
>>
I was in Skelly mode about 3 years ago when I was in and out of hospitals for bipolar. 6ft 1 and 140lbs. I was able to stabilize on Wellbutrin and Seroquel XR. I went back to college in mid 2014. Was able to get to around 175 and was running every other day. Was able to do 5k on the local track whenever I wanted to.

I continued to gain weight however. By the beginning of 2015 I was 200lbs and the running wasn't working. I decided to begin swimming my ass off - and I did.

Over 2015 I swam at least 2-3 times a week, doing very long swims (over a mile each exercise) but not too high intensity. It slowed down the weight gain, but by 2016 I was 210.

I was actually in great shape cardio wise from the swimming and had muscles, but in Summer 2016 I ended a long term relationship and was super depressed. I ate more and started high intensity interval training with my swimming. Even with ~1200 calories burned 3-4 times a week, the weight just stayed on. Two weeks ago I said ENOUGH and have cut my calories to ~2100 daily and doing 3-4 heavy swims a week.

I'm finally losing the weight. Down to 210 and am in a really, really good place to get back down to where I should be.

My 600 pound life has been an amazing motivator as well lol. School is going awesome btw, looking to get into a doctorate program in a year or so.
>>
>>39844680
Forgot to explain - Seroquel is notorious for weight gain. It was good at first, but it just keeps going and is hard to fight.
>>
>>39844680
That's an amazing story. I'm impressed you were so active at that weight. I'm still 250 - down from 330 - and I understand what a fight that is. Just to be clear, your 600 pound journey, that's weight lost total, yeah?
>>
>>39844110
me get strong for big muscle, get many woman
>>
>>39844720
LMFAO dude the 600 pound life is a TV show that motivated me to not be a fat ass!

My highest weight has been 219

Wew lawd ;p
>>
>>39844110
Hating my brother for being an absolute bell-end. Then when I got into higher education and he never did, I realised I could out-do him in everything he thought he was best at in order to make him jealous of me and not the other way around. I refrained from lifting since I thought it was his territory and I was far too weak, but I thought "fuck it" and went for it.

Currently only 3 months in but I'm feeling confident. Lifts aren't great, but they'll get better so long as I stick to them and ensure my own health first. Already feeling more confident, all it's gonna take from now on is consistency.

I also heard he probably roided so that's a double win if I get there natty.

Then I'll be content in life knowing I am the best I could possibly be and that I have out-done a father figure in my life.
>>
>>39844110
I've been wrestling since I was in the 7th grade (currently a senior). I was decent in middle school because everyone in middle sucks by default.
Once I started high school I got my ass whooped largely in part because I was so much weaker and smaller than other guys at my weight classes (I jumped between 120 and 126 throughout the year).
Sophomore year wasn't that much different, I was a bit bigger but not all that much stronger (wrestled in the 132lbs weight class). It was after this year (and a pretty nasty breakup) I decided to start lifting.
Jump to junior year, start of the season I weighed 150lbs and between 10 - 12% bodyfat . Decided to cut weight for the first time ever and made the 138lbs weight class. I was strong for my size and ended the year with a 20 - 9 record
Currently I'm sitting around 150lbs and cut 5lbs of water weight during the week and wrestle at the 145lbs weight class.
>>
I have two reasons actually

1. The stereotype that all lifters are meatheads and that if I start lifting i will start valueing size and strength over anything else.

Now that I lift I know that valueing size and strength makes sense because they are both extremely purposeful in health and confidence

2. I exercise was boring

Turns out exercise in and of itself isn't boring, but rather being yelled at in P.E to do burpees, medicine-ball throws. and other shit I didn't care about was boring. Going to the gym and doing what I was interested in in MY own pace made lifting and all around independent "me-time" exercising VERY enjoyable.
>>
>>39844731
Ah, I see. Sorry. I'm not sure how I thought that was what you were saying. I don't watch TV. Still, that's something. I remember being 220.
>>
>>39844110
Money time.. Once i had either or i went for it. I could finally afford a gym membership. I could finally have time to work out.
>>
>>39844757
>Turns out exercise in and of itself isn't boring, but rather being yelled at in P.E to do burpees, medicine-ball throws. and other shit I didn't care about was boring. Going to the gym and doing what I was interested in in MY own pace made lifting and all around independent "me-time" exercising VERY enjoyable.
That was a big thing for me, too. It's weird to think that my annoyance regarding my P.E. teacher fucked my life up so badly for so long but, it's easier to admit that after accepting there's only one way to fix it.

But, yeah, a lot of gains goals make more sense to me now, as well. I'm still more focused on enrichment - actually understanding what it's like to focus on health, rather than gains, but it makes sense. It's an easy way to compare with others.
>>
>>39844791
I've been there. I've accepted that my workout space is 4 feet by 7 feet but, yeah, it sucks. I can understand how that would stop almost everybody. It's really hard to even find exercises you can do in a space that small.
>>
I never liked PE class growing up. I didn't do well in sports and just felt generally at odds with physicality
so I leave HS and suddenly, I have no obligation to do much of anything physical, so I spend time that could have otherwise been spent constructively on sedentary habits and poor eating, which got worse when I turned 21 - all those good beers, all those simple carb and alcohol calories wew.

I'm glad that last year I finally realized how much I let myself go and fixed the problem. Spent less time on my ass, got my eating in order, and WAY cut back on booze.

The kicker is that I knew I liked weight training - I took a strength and conditioning class in high school in place of regular PE and enjoyed it a lot, for exactly
>>39844757
>Going to the gym and doing what I was interested in in MY own pace made lifting and all around independent "me-time" exercising VERY enjoyable.
this reason
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.