[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so here's my story and I'll try to keep it brief.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: airborne.jpg (53KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
airborne.jpg
53KB, 680x400px
Ok, so here's my story and I'll try to keep it brief. I'm a 24 year old Paratrooper. Before I joined the Army I was 6'1 at 147 Lbs. I had also never touched a drop of alcohol in my life. Joined the Army at 17, deployed at 18, came back at 19; and here is where the drinking begins. I was going through some stuff after deployment and began drinking.
Fast forward to today, I've been lifting for about two years. I'm not 6'0 and 201 Lbs. My problem is that I drink. A lot. I'm actually somewhat intoxicated while writing this. I normally don't drink during the weekdays, but on the weekends it gets pretty bad; 10-15 drinks bad. Occasionally I do drink during the week because it helps me fall asleep on those nights I have trouble falling asleep, but running an average of 4-8 miles a day means I don't get blackout drunk every day of the week.
I typically lift 6 days a week for about an hour to an hour a half a day. I have noticed significant gains but my question is: is my drinking seriously inhibiting my gains? Again, that's 2-4 beers a night during the week, and 10-15 during the weekends or 750ml Friday night and 750ml Saturday night depending on the setting.
I want to quit drinking all together, but the culture of being in the 82nd is to get blasted every night and it's super hard to avoid. That sounds like a huge cop out because it is, but when I'm around people drinking it is VERY hard for me to not drink.
Am I drinking too much to the point where I should just quit? If no, how much would be acceptable? If so, how do you guys deal with being around other people who drink/what are some effective methods to stop drinking around drinkers while still having a social life? Thanks in advance.
>>
https://youtu.be/IYqsWAjvEbI
Yeah, it's not great for your workout or your overall health.

I was drinking the same way after getting out. Just notice how the hangovers make you feel and how the drinking is affecting your life. Don't hear yourself up over it, but look for times where you can make the conscious decision to drink less one night and stick to it. You'll feel better for it, and after a while it will be easier to say no to your brain when you're trying to convince yourself to keep drinking .
>>
>>39837044
>don't hear yourself up
Meant "beat yourself up"

Also, you might have to stop hanging out with the people who binge drink like you. When you let it become normal around you, you have less incentive to stop.

It's definitely too much.
>>
>>39837068
thanks man, that helped a lot. I'll definitely look into cutting back if not quitting all together.
>>
>Before I joined the Army I was 6'1 at 147 Lbs
>. I'm not 6'0 and 201 Lbs
how did you lose an inch?
>>
>>39837152
Wearing gear for a year+ compresses your spine.
>>
>>39836986
Ask your fucking seniors about this shit, retard.
>>
choose one day where you dont drink, if you can make it thats already a win for the week. If you dont drink 2 or 3 days a week thats extra work and you can pride yourself on that.
>>
File: IMG_0170.jpg (136KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.jpg
136KB, 768x1024px
>>39836986
I'm a paratrooper at fort bragg as well , switch to liquor dude they are usually low on carbs compared to beer (that's only if you want to keep drinking) , I drink whisky , tequila and jagger most nights.
>>
>>39836986
Find some hobbies outside of drinking. Jiu Jitsu works for me. Find the strength to be disciplined enough to hang out with your buddies without drinking. Seriously dude. If you can't control yourself you're weak. If your social life revolves around drinking your social life is shit and you're drinking away the best years of your life. Go get help if it's that bad. But seriously It'll destroy your life if you let it. I used to be a heavy drinker myself and I fucked up a lot of my life by being an undisciplined piece of shit alcoholic weed smoking loser. I just made a decision one day that I'd find other things I enjoy to spend my time more wisely.
>>
>>39837152
Oh no I just enlisted and I'm already short :o

Oh well.
>>
File: 1482969361856.png (158KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1482969361856.png
158KB, 200x200px
>>39836986
Lmfao.I did 8 yrs in 1BCT and ETSed.
You should definitely be able to control your drink level. Just drink within 1-2 beers whenever you guys hang. Also, go to ASAP. It gave points in the past, I'm not sure if it does anymore..
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.