[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here managed to significantly improve their physique,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Has anyone here managed to significantly improve their physique, athleticism, or general fitness while working at a serious career (60+ hours a week, stressful, mentally taxing) and maintaining a relationship? Any tips? I used to lift weights all the time in college, but now I don't and I'm fat as fuck.
>>
Yes in the army, lots of fuckers do it. I'm sure you have some amount of free time, use it wisely
>>
>>39835063
if you dont have free time its important that you eat as good as you can.

You can not be a fatty without going to the gym. I recommend you eat healthy and buy a treadmill with that good job you have. You can use the tread mill for just 10 minutes a night if thats all you have, but you will need to RUN on it, not walk or jog.
>>
>>39835063
I've said it before to a friend and I'll say it again. If a person wants to get physically fit, they'll find a way. It's a personal commitment to your own self.
I started lifting on my friend's porch outside after work with just a bench, a barbell, dumbells, and weight plates. I sometimes did it at night in the dark. Sometimes it was nice out. Sometimes it wasn't.

Point is, it all comes down to what you're willing to do or not do to get in shape. I know that if I ever got a GF, she wouldn't stop me from going to the gym.
>>
File: 1482969671397-fit.jpg (64KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1482969671397-fit.jpg
64KB, 623x469px
>>39835063
Breh I work 50-60 hours per week and manage to exercise every day. No GF though.

Wake up early and go to bed early, exercise in the morning. Try and jog for 20-30 minutes.

>t. Technology consultant
>>
>>39835063
Yes. Just go to the fucking gym at night after work. If you're serious about it you'll make time.

If you have a significant other that genuinely cares about you they will understand and respect your desire to go to the gym.

I have a demanding career and a relationship and my partner understands that my gym time is important.
>>
>>39835063
>Has anyone here managed
Nope. Yet i am gonna give advice xD

If you have a career then you afford premade food. You know the thing where they cook it and deliver it to your house weekly or whatever. Perfect macros and all that.

If you are in a relationship then you can combine lifting and food cooking (which takes most of the time anyways?) with your miss.

Or your woman can make food and help you out with making your day go smoother

Just some thoughts
>>
>>39835063

Work almost 40hrs week
Drive 2 hours a day x5 days a week

Part time college student 6- 8 credit hours per semester

Lost 90lbs

Only takes calorie counting & 1 hour or less of exercise a day
>>
>>39835220
it's more difficult when you have things to do after work. i have difficult graduate coursework after work most nights, so getting exhausted before that means screwing up. so that's 20hours roughly a week where i need to be extremely mentally "on", 50-60 at job if i include commute, 10+ with gf, or up to like 32 if i fuck her too many times on the weekend, don't sleep, and need some hours to recover the next day before i can be useful. if you add in daily chores, sleeping, talking to family, etc. stuff gets tight. probably my gf would not mind me going to the gym but if my choices are slap her ass and shove her face into my bed while i fuck her from behind or do a bench press i'm realistically not making it to the gym. but maybe i can start dipping out of work to lift some weights...
>>
I have worked 100 hour weeks as a resident surgeon and still found time to work out, stop being a faggot and find time

and I also had relations with some of the nursing staff heh
>>
>>39835063
>working at a serious career - 60+ hours a week

Why is this something that you do to yourself? Do you think that your career is only successful because of each of those 60 hours that you put in? Would your life improve if you had the time at home to work out, become fit, and spend time with your kids?

If you sleep 7 hours a day, work for 12, and spend two hours between getting up, getting ready, driving in, driving home, and unpacking from work, you have 3 hours per day for yourself and your family. I hope you enjoy the fuck out of your weekends.
>>
>not dating a girl who lifts with you
pick better.
>>
>>39835063
I have and I understand how hard it can be. Here's my advice.

Step 1: Do intermittent fasting. Eat from 3pm - 11pm. Do not easy at any other time of the day.

Step 2: Do simple body weight workouts on your lunch break. Push ups, pull ups, lunges, etc.

Understand and accept that this is a pretty good program that will get you better results than 80% of other average folks, but also realize that body weight can only take you so far. Folks who go to the gym will make better faster process.

However, if all you want to do is keep in shape, look good naked and fuck your wife, this will more than suffice.
>>
>>39835315
So...none of this happened.
>>
>>39835344
lol no.

I've dated a few girls who lift and every single one of them had egos the size of Texas.

Never again.
>>
>>39835346
Thanks for the post. I hadn't thought to do intermittent fasting for some reason--this is a fantastic idea. Appreciate it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.