[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When y'all talk about "squats and oats", or a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: download (5).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
When y'all talk about "squats and oats", or about eating oatmeal, let me ask...

You are saying I should be eating oats? or oatmeal? Are they the same thing? Let me explain that english isn't my native language, and over here we use the same word to describe all 100 products related to the english word "oat". Wikipedia has an entry on "oats", then a separate one on "oatmeal". Ok, maybe oatmeal is the same BUT WAIT, not fatsecret.com has one entry on "oats" with set nutritional content, and "oatmeal" with a totally different one, which leads me to believe oats and oatmeals are two different things.

WHICH ONE DO I EAT GODDAMIT?

Also sorry for the autism, am foreign autist.
>>
File: 1470803665704.jpg (227KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470803665704.jpg
227KB, 725x1024px
>>39824973
instant oatmeal is whatever.

get rolled oats (its still oatmeal)

ignore the autists that demand you only eat steel-cut

the different kinds refer to how processed they are rolled is god-tier in terms on convenience and nutrition.

make some muesli overnight with whey and eat it in the morning with some eggs can't be beat.
>>
File: Rolled vs Steel Oats Chart(1).jpg (185KB, 1000x431px) Image search: [Google]
Rolled vs Steel Oats Chart(1).jpg
185KB, 1000x431px
>>39824995
the difference
>>
>>39824973
No you're not autistic. They're the same thing pretty much but oatmeal purchased as oatmeal is usually horrible for you. Buy steel cut oats or old fashioned oats and prepare them however you'd like. Enjoy, my foreign friend.
>>
>>39824973
I'm calling bullshit. You speak English too well to be foreign.
>>
>>39825050
>t. average Trump voter
>>
Oats. You can boil them into oatmeal or eat them with milk like muesli - or whatever you can fucking invent.
>>
What's wrong with instant oatmeal. As far as I can tell it just has some extra sugar? It's nothing compared to a soda.
>>
>>39825065
When did the libcucks suddenly start invading this board?
>>
Oats are the basic grain with nothing done to them.
Oatmeal is what you get when you cook the oats in water or milk.
>>
>>39825094
extra sugar, less fiber, more processing as a rule of thumb decreases nutritional value while increases gi. its not bad theres just better for a little effort.
>>
>>39825107
when this website started being advertised on MSM as being edgy
>>
>>39825150
as a 2006 user this makes me sad
>>
>>39824973
"Oats" refers to the grain. You make "oatmeal" by boiling oats in water. You'll typically see three types of processed "oats" in the store: "Instant Oats" which are smashed very thin and cut up a bit in order to speed up cooking; "Rolled Oats" which are smashed thin, but not as thin as the aforementioned instant oats; and "Steel Cut Oats" which are cut into small chunks and take the longest time to cook of the three typical options.

For convenience you can just grab half a cup of either instant or rolled oats, combine them with a cup of water, and cook them in the microwave for 80 seconds or so. I have not yet tried preparing steel cut oats, and don't want to try to give advice about something I'm unsure of.

If you want easy: get "Instant Oats".
If you want creamy: get "Rolled Oats", also called "Traditional Oats".
If you want chewy: get "Steel Cut Oats", also called "Irish Oats" or "Scottish Oats".
>>
I eat every day 100g rolled Oats with 300ml Milk.
Making good progress, desu.
>>
>>39825126
>while increases gi
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>39825904
glycemic index
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.