[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/. this is my first time posting here and seeing as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: forfuckssake.jpg (52KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
forfuckssake.jpg
52KB, 900x600px
Hello /fit/. this is my first time posting here and seeing as how your the fitness board i thought i'd ask you a question. Do to unfortunate medical issues I cannot exercise the way I would like to. I can do jogging or much running as I'm a sever asthmatic. I can hardly jog for more than 2 minutes before i start wheezing, and running i can barely go for 1. I cant do much lifting at all because for some reason I still havent figured out, whenever I do anything that puts stress on me my heart starts palpitating in a way that causes pain to me. Idl if thats how palpitations work but its whats happening. I've been like this for about 5 years now and have quite a bit of weight. Not enough to put me over 200 but enough to make me feel self conscious about it as i used to way a lot less. So my question to you guys is what can i do to lose weight that wont cause me to end up in the hospital?
>>
>>39823521
How tall are u and how much do u weigh
>>
>>39823521
Sounds like you just don't want to exercise, so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>39823521
eat less.
>>
File: teddy3.jpg (70KB, 376x440px) Image search: [Google]
teddy3.jpg
70KB, 376x440px
>>39823521
Teddy Roosevelt had asthma and became one of the most /fit/ presidents in history. Keep your inhaler on you and walk/run as much as you can and you'll still get better.
>>
>>39823861
Getting heart palpitations since high school sounds like i dont wanna excercise?

>>39823845
5'11 and i weight 190, I used to weight 130 before. I have no idea if thats a healthy weight but its what i was before

>>39823872
I'm doing that right now, I stopped gaining but im not losing

>>39823892
Dont have an inhaler, havent had one in 5 years. Not having insurance and no money sucks ass
>>
>>39823910
Your entire post read like an excuse to stay on your fat ass. Lots of people, myself included, have asthma yet still go out and do shit.
>>
>>39823938
Its not an excuse. Ontop of that if i wanted to stay fat i wouldnt have come here and ask for advice on how to lose weight without straining myself too much. I know working out takes work, what i need help with is figuring out a way for me to do that work without ending up in the hospital. I dont have an inhaler to manage my asthma, hell i dont even know whats wrong with my damn heart. But i do know siting around isnt helping anything. Which is again why i came here to try and learn ways to get around this. Yes it may sound like an excuse but its the honest to god truth.
>>
>>39823963
Well sounds like your first step is to get on Obamacare and get yourself an inhaler. For now just go for long walks if you can manage that. I like to listen to audiobooks while I walk and run. Makes it much less boring
>>
I promise you're quitting before you're really done. I have pulmonary heart disease and I don't consider myself particularly limited.
>15:00 2 mile
>Sub :60 quarter mile
>1/2/3/4
Eat better. Have a specific goal you're working to. Find the fastest speed you can maintain for an extended period, even if it seems comically slow, and don't let your self stop for any reason until you've got a goal like 20 minutes. Sometimes switch it up and set a goal like 1 or 2 miles and don't let yourself leave until you hit it, no matter how long it takes, the suck will push you across the finish as fast as you can. A set of 10 reps in any given exercise does not take the 2 minutes of endurance you have. There is no excuse, lift fucking heavy. Dont take it easy on yourself.
>>
>>39823977
Alright I'll start here and try out what >>39823996
is saying. though i dont understand the numbers he put in his post. Again I really do want to get this shit done. Im more than willing to do this. Any and all advice you guys can give im willing to listen to and try out.
>>
>>39824055
Try the sticky you wothless human being
>>
>>39823910
I have CF and always wheeze at the beginning of my workouts, even on a large stack of albuterol and ephedrine, but it always goes away after a few minutes into whatever I'm doing. Work through the initial discomfort and you should be fine

Also, albuterol is cheap as fuck. You don't need insurance to pay for it
>>
>>39824115
How cheap are we talking, The place where i work I only make about 300 every too weaks. Or does the cost depend on the place you live in?
>>
>>39824055
You are a faggot and a half for sure but I do wish you success in this endeavor as it might de-bitch you. The fact that you didn't understand the numbers in my post means you literally didn't even try to browse and do some learning on your own, you just barged in and took a spot on Page 0 for your personal pitty party/spoon-feeding. To clarify though, I can run 2 miles in less than 15 minutes, run around a track in less than a minute when I sprint, Overhead press, bench, squat, and deadlift 1/2/3/4 plates respectively (the 45lb bar with x 45lb plates on each side). I forgot to mention with running though, you can't just breathe on instinct, it'll fuck you up in a number of ways, keep a deliberate rhythm. I do short in, short in, long out, long in, long out, repeat where short measure is with each time my foot strikes the ground and long is twice that.
>>
>>39824129
Depending on the brand and dosage, it can range from $30-60 and that should last you for well more than a month. And ephedrine is also helpful I find, which is $6 for 24 pills of bronkaid (just shy of a month if you use 1 pill per workout if you workout every day)
>>
>>39824144
I didnt understand them cause i didnt know you were talking about yourself? I also didnt come here for pity, I came here to ask for advice on how to work around health issues. If you can do all that with what you have then good. That means that I should be able to do it too. As much as your upset with me about asking on here I still do appreciate your advice on how to regulate my self while running among other things. I also thank the rest of you for helping me out. Im gonna leave the thread now since it seems that i'm taking up space here so it can die. Again thanks.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.