[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started to work out 1.5 month ago and I've been very motivated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rotator-cuff-tear-shoulder-pain.jpg (203KB, 1000x941px) Image search: [Google]
rotator-cuff-tear-shoulder-pain.jpg
203KB, 1000x941px
I started to work out 1.5 month ago and I've been very motivated and did a semi bulk semi fat burning diet with a nutritionist. I am 66kg with %18 body fat. I increased my weights except for shoulder exercises and it was going on this for a while. Then I got a rotator cuff injury which my doctor said that I should do some lateral pushing exercises against the wall to gain some shoulder strenght. An instructor on my gym said that it happens when you use higher weights on chest press exercises that I should immediately cut of all chests and focus on shoulder. My motivation went down greatly because everytime I raise my arms laterally, from my left shoulder through my elbow, a line of pain is going through. I dropped to 2.5kg dumbels from 8kg and increase repeats to 40-50 from 12. I do lateral rise, front rise and shoulder push machine with increased repeats 3 days a week with one more part like biceps, triceps or legs. Do you think I should keep it like this or am I doing something very wrong that I should not force my shoulder? Any experienced person is much appreciated.
>>
No one? Anyone? I desperately need your help.
>>
Medfag here. Can you be more specific about the movements that cause the pain? There are a bunch of things that can cause shoulder pain and most of the time you just gotta rest it.

Also don't trust anything an instructor says unless its and actual physical therapist
>>
>>39820872
It's the lateral shoulder raise movement that cause the pain. When I raise my left arm half way and move my wrist outside specifically, that's the most it hurts. The pain is happening below my shoulder on my arm through the elbow but at the upper part.
>>
I talked to my nutritionist to change my diet into full fat burning since I cannot use heavier weights due to my injury. But every day I keep losing little muscle so I was wondering if I can keep some by working out.
>>
I'm still not sure to stop working out and do a full cardio or keep pushing my shoulder with light weights
>>
you literally have to stop doing upper body for a month...that means start all over again. Only do forearm grips and leg machines. It's just most likely tendonitis
>>
>>39820458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBR4N95asKo&t=336s

this helped me
>>
File: pat macnamara.jpg (212KB, 671x615px) Image search: [Google]
pat macnamara.jpg
212KB, 671x615px
i had the same deal when i first started working out. i rested my shoulders for about a week then came back at it.

this helped immensely. also for my hip flexors when squatting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9L0RIhR3s&index=6&list=PLVWXzwsY6hkGg8q8NkMp8P2g_yIYnKV-t
i was doing just a few minutes a day when resting. i just do a couple before i workout now.

for me the shoulder pain was caused by squatting though, so im not sure if it will translate to you. however, after the squats, lateral raises would hurt too, so maybe it will. i also switched to high bar if that changes anything.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/squatters-shoulder-the-cause-amp-the-cure

disclaimer: ive only been lifting for ~3 months, and i can kinda feel a little bit of pain after the last OHP workout.
>>
>>39820986
>>39821446

Yeah it sounds like biceps tendonitis, which isn't really a shoulder cuff injury. Honestly you just gotta rest it. Shoulder mobilization (like gently tugging it out of the joint but don't yank your arm off). Stretch your shoulder every day as well
>>
>>39821876
First fucking PatMac reference I have seen on /fit/. He'll yeah. Do you do any of his CST?
>>
>>39821877

I went to a surgeon earlier this year and he did an xray, confirmed no tearing and preliminarily diagnosed it as bicep tendonosis. However, I could still do preacher curls without pain. The pain was intense and kept me from benching.

Anyway, I just had an mri and....osteoarthritis is the diagnosis. I have no cartilage in one section of my joint, apparently. On the upside, all my muscles and tendons are in great condition.

I guess I will just do things that won't hurt, but everything upper body uses the shoulder. It sucks. How do I keep my chest development without bench press and dips??
>>
>>39820458
i, like you, started to work out and have managed not to injure myself so far...not sure whats so hard about that
>>
>>39822415
How old are you? That's pretty unusual, especially the location. But yeah not much you can do about it then.
I would try cable flies or anything you can find that doesn't hurt I suppose. Good luck man that blows
>>
>>39822485
It does blow. I don't know that I have fully accepted it and for now I am still keeping my routine, just dialing back the weight. I am 42 and the doc said my shoulder looks like a 60 year olds. I just don't want to live in constant pain when I am in my 60s or have shoulder replacement.

Maybe medical science will find a way to regenerate the cartilage in the next 10 years. I have heard there is a stem cell treatment option.
>>
File: 1436335387342.jpg (76KB, 1024x487px) Image search: [Google]
1436335387342.jpg
76KB, 1024x487px
>>39822343
no I havent. I just have a power rack and am doing SL. fuckin love Pat Mac though. I should probably work in some sort of cool guy stuff soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq-hQYcoVmw
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.